Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Its our defense, not Tjack

"huxx" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Getting reps against a good defense is the best way to learn. Under pressure. What's lost here is the fact that big McKinney is back out on the field. By Friday we should see the o-line start to jell, and they should give T-Jack that nano/second he needs to make a play. That being said, all defenses will be ahead of the offense, as offenses need timing and rhythm. That my purple faithfull will take the whole pre-season, and 2-5 games into the season to finally flow. We have a power running game to fall back on until the passing game comes around.

Well said.
    However, he does need a chance to gain some confidence by completing a few bombs.
    Plus, we all need to pray that the o-line stays healthy.
    I pray that EVERY VIKING stays healthy...and that our opponents and the teams that I hate all get the injuries...LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "huxx" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Getting reps against a good defense is the best way to learn. Under pressure. What's lost here is the fact that big McKinney is back out on the field. By Friday we should see the o-line start to jell, and they should give T-Jack that nano/second he needs to make a play. That being said, all defenses will be ahead of the offense, as offenses need timing and rhythm. That my purple faithfull will take the whole pre-season, and 2-5 games into the season to finally flow. We have a power running game to fall back on until the passing game comes around.

Well said.
    However, he does need a chance to gain some confidence by completing a few bombs.
    Plus, we all need to pray that the o-line stays healthy.
    I pray that EVERY VIKING stays healthy...and that our opponents and the teams that I hate all get the injuries...LOL

You should never wish injuries upon anybody.

(I still do though)

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Hate me for always seeing things from a different perspective!

What isn't lost here, in my mind, is a defense that was terrible against the pass last year!

Like a broken record, I worry more about the O-line than anything else.

Have you heard anyone in training camp talk about how well the O-line has performed?

I know we have people out of position. But my lord, those are the best we have to offer with one injury!

It really doesn't matter how good TJ is if the line sucks!

Daunte went from great to horrible when the line went from good to lousy!

No, it's not the defense.

“What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

They just don't want to give other teams an advantage by letting them see us run plays that actually work yet. We will save those for the season when they really count.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

.....Like a broken record, I worry more about the O-line than anything else.

Have you heard anyone in training camp talk about how well the O-line has performed?

I know we have people out of position. But my lord, those are the best we have to offer with one injury!
    I here you jargomcfargo. I've been saying it since FA began. I even went so far as to say what would happen if McKinnie was injured. He was the only left tackle on the team.

Few were worried about, it citing that they would just pick someone up when teams started cutting players when their rosters needed trimming.

What good does it do to bring a player in shortly before season begins? By that time the player has missed all the OTA's, all the minicamps & most if not all of training camp & is not familiar with the scheme? A scheme mind you that the experts here tell us takes over a year to learn.

They had Hicks filling in for McKinnie at LT for crying out loud. Lord help us if McKinnie misses games this year.

They did sign some guards & tackles this offseason during the draft & a few other FA, but then again with over a year required to learn the offensive scheme, they aren't going to be very effective this year.

Throw into that mix how they are shuffling players from one position to another on the line & that it's hard enough to learn 1 positional scheme, how difficult & confusing is it going to be to learn two or three of them?
    :-

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"singersp" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

I here you jargomcfargo. I've been saying it since FA began. I even went so far as to say what would happen if McKinnie was injured. He was the only left tackle on the team.

Few were worried about, it citing that they would just pick someone up when teams started cutting players when their rosters needed trimming.

What good does it do to bring a player in shortly before season begins? By that time the player has missed all the OTA's, all the minicamps & most if not all of training camp & is not familiar with the scheme? A scheme mind you that the experts here tell us takes over a year to learn.

They had Hicks filling in for McKinnie at LT for crying out loud. Lord help us if McKinnie misses games this year.

They did sign some guards & tackles this offseason during the draft & a few other FA, but then again with over a year required to learn the offensive scheme, they aren't going to be very effective this year.

Throw into that mix how they are shuffling players from one position to another on the line & that it's hard enough to learn 1 positional scheme, how difficult & confusing is it going to be to learn two or three of them?
    :-\
    singer i talked at lenght about ending depth on the line if not to start then to at least push the starters in place.
    especially if they were going to go the route with young wr's, young qb.
    but either way it should still be the strenght of our offense, barring injury.
    the only thing we can hope for is that some of these undrafted free agents become a diamond in the rough if someone goes down.
    otherwise they are extremely thin.

as for tjack, anyone who is expecting gang busters right outta the gate better stop watching the vikings now.
    for one we are gonna be boring cuz chances are we are running first.
    we are gonna see tjack save plays and we are gonna see him majorly screw up plays.
    all we can hope for is that it balances out while we play great defense and run the ball consistently effective.
    also we have to be only a little better when it comes to the red zone since we sucked so bad last year.
    the vikes shouldn't have to recreate the wheel this year on offense, they just have to be smart.

and yes i believe our defense is going to be that good.
    i know the line has been going up against a couple of 2nd stringers but i hear they have been putting forth a great rush so far.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

singer i talked at lenght about ending depth on the line if not to start then to at least push the starters in place.
    the only thing we can hope for is that some of these undrafted free agents become a diamond in the rough if someone goes down.

as for tjack, anyone who is expecting gang busters right outta the gate better stop watching the vikings now.
    we are gonna see tjack save plays and we are gonna see him majorly screw up plays.
    all we can hope for is that it balances out while we play great defense and run the ball consistently effective.
    also we have to be only a little better when it comes to the red zone since we sucked so bad last year.
    the vikes shouldn't have to recreate the wheel this year on offense, they just have to be smart.

i know the line has been going up against a couple of 2nd stringers but i hear they have been putting forth a great rush so far.
    ???

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

???
    i think you get my point. *adding*

http://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articl...v07.html?12259

this guys assessment sounds like half the viking fans on pp.o.
    but he's from wisconsin, that's pretty depressing.

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

You guys would love this...
    http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/thread/1852590.aspx

- The offense has called 95% pass plays this afternoon. The first team offensive line is providing Jackson all day to throw, but the secondary has done a nice job in coverage. All in all, the offense has improved drastically over the past 24 hours. It'll be interesting to see what the "flat line" is over the next couple weeks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast