Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    duvaldomo is offline Coach

Its our defense, not Tjack

I hear alot of talk about if its Tjack sucking or our defense is good. Heres a link saying he did very good against the 2nd string defense. Our first string might of been too much to handle but if he can do good against our second string then he might can do good against the defenses that arent so good. my opinion

http://vikingsnow.blogspot.com/2007/08/jackson-sharp-during-drill.html

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Its our defense, not Tjack

Offense is based on timing.
    It will take alot of practice to get their timing down.
    Defense is based on reaction.
    Our defense should be well ahead of the offense right now, and they are.
    WE know that our Defense is stronger than the
    offense, but the offense also needs time.
    Hopefully, by the end of camp they can gain some ground on the defense.

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    I hear alot of talk about if its Tjack sucking or our defense is good. Heres a link saying he did very good against the 2nd string defense. Our first string might of been too much to handle but if he can do good against our second string then he might can do good against the defenses that arent so good. my opinion

Unfortunatley we wont get the oppurtunity to see many teams second string defesnes once the season roles around.......

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

From "Access Vikings" in on today's Tribune page about this morning's practice:
    One observation from this practice: This was the first day that one quarterback was clearly better and that guy was Bollinger. Both Jackson and Bollinger had rough days on Tuesday but this morning Bollinger appeared to be much more in control.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:

Unfortunatley we wont get the oppurtunity to see many teams second string defesnes once the season roles around.......
    It dont have to be their second string, but I think our defense can be top 5 and if Tjack is throwing against a top 5 defense then he is going to struggle. He is still learning and if he keep playing against our defense he will know what to do when we play against the defenses that are ranked 20-32.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    From "Access Vikings" in on today's Tribune page about this morning's practice:
    One observation from this practice: This was the first day that one quarterback was clearly better and that guy was Bollinger. Both Jackson and Bollinger had rough days on Tuesday but this morning Bollinger appeared to be much more in control.
    Then thats great, if Tjack did a very nice job by throw 4 tds and BB did better than that, that means we could have a solid backup as well

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

he will know what to do when we play against the defenses that are ranked 20-32.
    How many teams will we play with that rating this year? 4-5?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:

It dont have to be their second string, but I think our defense can be top 5 and if Tjack is throwing against a top 5 defense then he is going to struggle. He is still learning and if he keep playing against our defense he will know what to do when we play against the defenses that are ranked 20-32.
    I dont know that we should be looking for a quarterback who can only do well against the bottom of the league. Dont get me wrong theres no way i will write T Jack off yet, but from what ive heard from camp I am concerned. Also, even if our top defense is top 5, our second string unit if they were to play every game would essentially be last in the league.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    he will know what to do when we play against the defenses that are ranked 20-32.
    how would I know, we probably play against 2-17 this year (doubt it) but we will have to wait and see.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    i would say (and this is a guess) detroit twice,kc.....maaaaaybe sf although i think they will have a decent d this year.so 3

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast