Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: isaac bruce?

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

isaac bruce?

anybody interested in signing him? i think he would be a great pickup..he just became a FA yesterday
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: isaac bruce?

Not in the Free Beer forum. :???:

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

He is getting too old, he is one of the greatest, but I wouldnt want to go after him

Thanks PurpleMafia

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I like that option if we can't get Burleson, and K-Rob signed.. He is a leader, and can still get open better than 50% of the current wideouts.. I wouldn't by any means pay him as a #1 reciever..

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Here is a story. Don't know if it was posted, but I didn't find anything on it..

Rams release Bruce, but want him back

March 6, 2006
    ST. LOUIS (Ticker) - The St. Louis Rams didn't have to do it, but decided to release their all-time leading receiver.

Isaac Bruce was waived by the Rams on Monday after the two sides could not agree on a restructured contract. The release of Bruce clears about $8 million in salary cap for the Rams, but they are already more than $10 million under the 2006 salary cap.

"This has been a difficult process," Rams president of football operations Jay Zygmunt said. "However, we remain optimistic that a contract can be completed in the near future."

But as of now, Bruce is headed to the free agent market. Teams can begin signing free agents on Thursday.

In 2003, the Rams cut cornerback Aeneas Williams before he was due a $3.5 million roster bonus. Two days later, they re-signed him. The same could happen with Bruce.

Bruce, 33, has spent his entire 12-year career with the Rams and has 813 catches for 12,278 yards and 77 touchdowns.

A turf toe injury caused Bruce to miss five games last season. He finished with 36 catches for 525 yards and three touchdowns.

Updated on Monday, Mar 6, 2006 3:21 pm EST

If the Rams make a offer to resign him, I think he will take it..

wyorob is offline Starter

I am not sure if I would want him with the Vikings. I feel if we get everyone signed that we have now on the roster we are in great shape at the wide out position. What are the Vikings going to do in the RB department? I sure would like to see an upgrade at that posotion. Someone who canhandle the load not just for a game but a whole season. It would be nice to have a well balanced attack, so we could go after our opponents from more than one direction and keep them off balance. Over the years we seem to get predictable and by mid to late season its obvious as to what we are going to do.

Thanks PurplePeopleEaters for the sig AWSOME!!

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Yea, don't be getting to excited about players which have been released during the last 5 days. Teams have the option to keep players which were released during this debacle.

It has gotten pretty embarassing for the league in my opinion.

sig courtesy of PPE

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"wyorob" wrote:
    I am not sure if I would want him with the Vikings. I feel if we get everyone signed that we have now on the roster we are in great shape at the wide out position. What are the Vikings going to do in the RB department? I sure would like to see an upgrade at that posotion. Someone who canhandle the load not just for a game but a whole season. It would be nice to have a well balanced attack, so we could go after our opponents from more than one direction and keep them off balance. Over the years we seem to get predictable and by mid to late season its obvious as to what we are going to do.
    in my opinion we are in the same situation with our receivers..we are loaded with backups, but nobody with the potential to be a big time player..burleson is the best we have there, and i think that hes only a #2..koren is no better than a slot receiver, and the others are going to get their random catches as possession receivers..obviously we have a problem in the backfield, but since it looks like we will look to the draft to fill that void, why not improve other aspects of our offense that are weak?
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

purplegang is offline Starter

I cant wait till all of this free agent stuff is over.

wyorob is offline Starter

When it all gets rolling it will be very interesting to see how it all unfolds. Many big names will be out there and I am sure there will be some good steals. I just hope we are all over it and have all our ducks in a row as to not miss any big opportunities.

Thanks PurplePeopleEaters for the sig AWSOME!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast