Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Interesting KC Web Post

This post was referenced on ESPN.com and so I naturally checked it out. The guy writing it sounds like a 16 year-old high school girl who just got dumped by the Senior QB going off to college, in respect to JA's departure. He takes some cheap shots at JA's alcoholism and even at Tarvaris. Enjoy!

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2008/04/2...-space-cowboy/

Btw, GO BRONCOS!
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Re: Interesting KC Web Post

I'm sorry to post so soon again, but I figured i'd put in some quotes because it is rather long.

He fooled us, folks. He won our hearts, then ran off for a payday.
    Jared’s behavior, and his insistence on a ridiculous contract (yes, $75 M with $30 M guaranteed is a boatload of cash for basically an alcoholic in remission with an extensive history of DUIs) despite that behavior, forced our hand.
    Well, I can’t give all the credit to Carl. I’m sure the Vikings realized that Tarvaris Jackson can only take a team so far, too.
    I’m going to move on to what kind of damage we can do with the plethora of picks we’ve assembled.
    Sweet, they'll be 6-10 this year instead of 4-12.....

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I actually found it a pretty good read except for this little nugget.
    :

(By the way, let’s not go overboard on the Chris Long love because he’s also a White defensive end with a high motor, and his old man reminds us of J.A. Skeet Ulrich looks a helluva lot like Johnny Depp, but Skeet can’t act for shit when compared to Johnny. Catch my drift?)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Braddock" wrote:
    I'm sorry to post so soon again, but I figured i'd put in some quotes because it is rather long.

He fooled us, folks. He won our hearts, then ran off for a payday.
    Jared’s behavior, and his insistence on a ridiculous contract (yes, $75 M with $30 M guaranteed is a boatload of cash for basically an alcoholic in remission with an extensive history of DUIs) despite that behavior, forced our hand.
    Well, I can’t give all the credit to Carl. I’m sure the Vikings realized that Tarvaris Jackson can only take a team so far, too.
    I’m going to move on to what kind of damage we can do with the plethora of picks we’ve assembled.
    Sweet, they'll be 6-10 this year instead of 4-12.....

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

go broncos?
    ???

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    go broncos?
    ???
    Aren't they KC's rivals?

Yeah, I understand where this guy is coming from.
    His team just lost their best player.
    He's got a bottle of Jack in one hand and a loaded paintball gun in the other.
    Now he wants to attack the player so that it isn't so hard to take.
    Poor guy.

Have I seen this before?
    Culpepper?
    Moss?

Personally, I think it's kind of silly that fans whine that players on their team leave to get more cash elsewhere.
    It's one thing if the guy is a jerk (e.g., T.O.), has a long-term contract in place (e.g., Culpepper), or could get the same cash but just wants to leave (e.g., Starbury).
    But this is the guy's job and he got a much better offer to work someplace else.
    Sorry Chiefs fans, players don't want to take a $20 million paycut just for the honor of playing for Herm Edwards and a 4-12 Chiefs team.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

I saw the original ESPN, article and read this as well.
    The Depp/Ulrich thing is funny, as are some of the comments on it.
    A few of the Chiefs fans were a little more realistic here was my favorite:

bigchief13 Says:

Stop living in a dream world, Allen was the only reason to watch the chiefs play last year (aside from the odd Bowe highlight), and he has never directed an ill comment to any of you fans (just the opposite in fact). You all loved him last year and kept saying “don’t worry, carl will cut a deal”. Well he is the single reason our defence was at all respectable last year and carl did not cut a deal. Even though there is little doubt at age 26, the best defensive end in the NFL would have been able to play out a full 6 year deal. Now you all have hopped on the “Allen was A Bastard Bandwagon”, just to make it a little easier on yourselves. Cut the crap guys. If we had the DE’s we have now and had just aquired Allen from another team, you guys would be jumping for joy. Don’t deny it, most of you were hoping we’d sign Deangelo Hall for Christ’s sake. Now we will probably pick an end at #5. A guy who since he is picked top 5 will earn just under Allen money even though he has not played a freaking snap in the NFL. He is not going to be better than Allen either. So with #5 we have to hope that we can replace Allen. Then with #17 we have to fill the hole we could have filled with #5 had this trade not happened. Leaving us nowhere except for having two extra Rd3 picks, which isn’t even enough to move us out of #17 back into the top 10, where we already were. By the way, how often have we actually “hit” on a 3rd Rd pick lately? This is absolutely ridiculous. Just be prepaired for the same to happen when your next favorite chief becomes a probowler and wants more money, then you can start hating him as well.

April 23rd, 2008 at 8:24 am

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The blog writer was saying that he was going to post his "Adam's Draft Apples"...probably more like "Adam's Butt Nuggets"!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

I guess it sux to be a chiefs fan... ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast