Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Insight on top 3 rated WR's please

I've seen mention made about the three top rated WRs - at the moment - being Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett and Ted Ginn.
    I'm not up too much on college football so would appreciate some insights and views on these three. The only that I am a tad concerned on is that Jarrett sounds to have maybe an attitude problem or off-field issues - maybe I've been reading some biased posts so if thats wrong then I'd like to hear.
    So anyone have some ideas about these guys?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Insight on top 3 rated WR's please

I say we wait a year and draft Early Doucet...he looks good in purple and gold !!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I've never heard much about Jarrett's off the field stuff.

He was declared inelleigible once because he failed to pay enough rent on an apartment he was sharing with Matt Leinart, which I guess they viewed as an illegal incentive or something. He got reinstated pretty quickly though. Aside from that, I haven't seen much.

Calvin Johnson is a beast. He's 6'4, runs a 4.4 40 and has AMAZING hands. I will be really surprised if he isn't an instant playmaker in the NFL. I think he could be the next Moss as far as production goes.

Jarrett is a playmaker as well. He's got very good speed, good hands and a long body. He's pretty similar to Johnson, only he doesn't make quite as many spectacular plays.

Either of these guys would be GREAT to add to our roster.

Ginn I'm not sold on. He's a playmaker with his speed and shiftyness, but I've always said he's a little small to be an impact player. He is from Ohio State though, and OSU guys always have good success in the NFL.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I did a little thing here..

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=99999999&topic=303 18.msg517044#msg517044

Problem is that they are all juniors, so they might take another year, but i doubt it.. all 3 is playing at top level right now.

You wont here coaches and other personel guys talking about juniors before the official day from the (declarions).. is that the word?? .. :> because they cant effect their disicion or something..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

rideout85 is offline Training Camp

I would like calvin johnson but if not i would rather see ginn on our team then jarret i think jarret will be a bust and ginn could give us a great special teams and i think he could be the next steve smith or santana moss in my opinion ive seen all three play and Ted Ginn looks more promising then jarret but johnson hands down is the best of the 3.

"rideout85" wrote:
    I would like calvin johnson but if not i would rather see ginn on our team then jarret i think jarret will be a bust and ginn could give us a great special teams and i think he could be the next steve smith or santana moss in my opinion ive seen all three play and Ted Ginn looks more promising then jarret but johnson hands down is the best of the 3.
    Sign, sign, everywhere a sign. Do this. Don't do that. Can't you read the sign?

[img width=216 height=380]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/ltrey33/signs.jpg[/img]

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Ltrey" wrote:

Calvin Johnson is a beast. He's 6'4, runs a 4.4 40 and has AMAZING hands. I will be really surprised if he isn't an instant playmaker in the NFL. I think he could be the next Moss as far as production goes.
    so at that rate we may not see him fall to #7 then
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:

I doubt he'd fall that far, but no one above us is in NEED of a wide receiver so that could work in our favor, but if they take the "we'll pick the best player available" approach then he'll be gone.

aceclown is offline Coach

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:

I doubt he'd fall that far, but no one above us is in NEED of a wide receiver so that could work in our favor, but if they take the "we'll pick the best player available" approach then he'll be gone.
    Really?
    Tampa doesnt need a WR?
    Joey Galloway is about 58 years old, and Michael Clayton hasnt returned to his pre-injured form.
    Ike Hilliard is also ancient.

Look at the Browns.
    Braylon Edwards is decent, but he's not a legit #1 yet.
    I also dont think Joe Jurvicious is viewed as a long term solution by the coaching staff.

As of now the Raiders dont need a WR, but theres a good chance Moss and Porter will both be dealt prior to the draft, which could make them potential suitors of Johnson.

Chuch.

aceclown is offline Coach

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:

Well nobody thought Moss would drop to us at 21 either, and he ran a 4.25.
    Of course Calvin doesnt have any off the field controversy like Moss did either, but who knows,
    stranger things have happened in the draft.

Chuch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast