Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: If We trade our first round pick who should we trade for?

Isn't Fitz a free agent after this year? I thought I heard that somewhere but maybe not. We have so many problem areas I have no idea where we need to start but if we did trade our 1st round pick it should probably be for a wide reciever.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    If they are thinking of taking a WR (which I am sure they are) with the #7 pick, I would prefer them to trade it for an established WR like Larry Fitzgerald.. That would make more sense to me seeing as though everyone knows what Fitzgerald can do in the NFL..
    I would definitely take Calvin Johnson before trading the pick. Fitzgerald has been a good receiver in the NFL, but I think Johnson is going to be excellent. I say we do anything we can to draft this guy.

You are very much entitled to your opinion,and I respect that.. I put in bold letters what it is I am trying to get at... While Fitzgerald has already established himself in the NFL, and that is in Arizona. You think Calvin Johnson is going to be excellent.. What if he ends up being another Mike Williams, or Troy Williamson? Those are questions everyone has to think about.. I guess I would rather have a proven player, then someone that has never played in the NFL before..

Skyliner is offline Rookie

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    If they are thinking of taking a WR (which I am sure they are) with the #7 pick, I would prefer them to trade it for an established WR like Larry Fitzgerald.. That would make more sense to me seeing as though everyone knows what Fitzgerald can do in the NFL..
    I would definitely take Calvin Johnson before trading the pick. Fitzgerald has been a good receiver in the NFL, but I think Johnson is going to be excellent. I say we do anything we can to draft this guy.

You are very much entitled to your opinion,and I respect that.. I put in bold letters what it is I am trying to get at... While Fitzgerald has already established himself in the NFL, and that is in Arizona. You think Calvin Johnson is going to be excellent.. What if he ends up being another Mike Williams, or Troy Williamson? Those are questions everyone has to think about.. I guess I would rather have a proven player, then someone that has never played in the NFL before..
    Right now the question maybe should be will we have any recievers for next year; no K-rob, no M-rob, Travis Taylor isn't making a case for him to be resigned, and both Bethel Johnson and Billy McMullen are free agents. That means Troy may be the only reciever back next season.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

There have always been doubts about those two guys. Williamson came out and all he had was speed, thats what every analyst said, they doubted his hands.

Mike Williams didn't play a down of football for a year before he was drafted.

There are no doubts about Calvin Johnson, he has everything. size, speed, great hands, blocking ability, jumping ability, awareness, runs good routes, body control and a great work ethic and attitude.

He is a phenomenal talent, not quite Randy Moss, but he comes closer than anyone I've ever seen, and doesn't bring the baggage that Moss carried/s.

We should really try anything to move up and get him.

I'd like to move up to #2 to get him. I know its unusual trading with a division rival, but both of our teams are bad enough to make an exception.

The Lions desperately need a QB or Offensive lineman. They will not get Brady Quinn at #2 since the Raiders are also in serious need a of a quarterback, but Jamarcus Russel should definitely be available at #7.

So here is my second trade proposal.

Minnesota and Detroit:

Detroit Receives:
    Package #1: #7 overall pick, late round consolation pick, Mike Rosenthal and/or Dwight Smith or Tank Williams(if we resign him, but that would be a bit of a dick move, to resign someone just to trade them, but I wouldn't put it past Childress)

Package #2: #7 overall pick, 3rd rounder, and a 6th or 7th round consolation pick(if necessary, but its a 6th or 7th rounder who probably won't even make the team, so who really cares)

Minnesota Receives: #2 overall pick.

Stonecoldet3 is offline Starter

Has Calvin Johnson declared himself for the draft? Or is this pure speculation that he will.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

I say trade for Randy Moss.....

Nah just kidding.
    I like the Detrot trade package #2.
    It makes the most sense and would help both teams.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

There have always been doubts about those two guys. Williamson came out and all he had was speed, thats what every analyst said, they doubted his hands.

There are no doubts about Calvin Johnson, he has everything. size, speed, great hands, blocking ability, jumping ability, awareness, runs good routes, body control and a great work ethic and attitude.

He is a phenomenal talent, not quite Randy Moss, but he comes closer than anyone I've ever seen, and doesn't bring the baggage that Moss carried/s.

I'd like to move up to #2 to get him. I know its unusual trading with a division rival, but both of our teams are bad enough to make an exception.

The Lions desperately need a QB or Offensive lineman. They will not get Brady Quinn at #2 since the Raiders are also in serious need a of a quarterback, but Jamarcus Russel should definitely be available at #7.

Minnesota and Detroit:

Detroit Receives:
    Package #1: #7 overall pick, late round consolation pick, Mike Rosenthal and/or Dwight Smith or Tank Williams(if we resign him, but that would be a bit of a slick willy move, to resign someone just to trade them, but I wouldn't put it past Childress)

Package #2: #7 overall pick, 3rd rounder, and a 6th or 7th round consolation pick(if necessary, but its a 6th or 7th rounder who probably won't even make the team, so who really cares)

What if that 6th or 7th rounder is, oh let's say, Marques Colston?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    No Ocho......we don't need that kind of attitude on the team.
    However, I would love to have the kind of talent he showed last year.
    Just curious what about Ocho Cinco is a bad thing?
    He does nothing wrong.
    His "attitude" is all about having fun.
    He is an awesome talent that I for one would love to see in purple and gold.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Minnesota and Detroit:

Detroit Receives:
    Package #1: #7 overall pick, late round consolation pick, Mike Rosenthal and/or Dwight Smith or Tank Williams(if we resign him, but that would be a bit of a slick willy move, to resign someone just to trade them, but I wouldn't put it past Childress)

Package #2: #7 overall pick, 3rd rounder, and a 6th or 7th round consolation pick(if necessary, but its a 6th or 7th rounder who [size=24pt][s]probably[/s][/size] won't even make the team, so who really cares)

What if that 6th or 7th rounder is, oh let's say, Marques Colston?

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Trade with a team in our division?
    Are you kidding me?
    Absurd and won't happen.
    Dwight Smith and Mike Rosenthal to move up to #2?
    No way!!!

I don't know if you have ever heard of the draft pick value chart - it is what NFL teams use to determine how much a pick is worth.
    the #2 overall pick is worth 2600 points.
    The #7 pick is worth 1500 and the 71st pick (our 3rd rounder) is worth 235 points.
    Our 6th round (167) pick is worth 24.6 points so in your second scenario we still need to make up 840.4 points for them to want to accept it.

Our best chance to trade up would be to trade our first, third and 4th to move up to #4but all that would be useless because Arizona and Washington aren't going to draft a WR so we wouldn't need tog et ahead of them.
    A trade to get any higher would almost have to include our first rounder next year in addition to our second or third rounder this year and that isn't going to happen.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast