Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Re: if the vikes trade up-GREENWAY

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Vikes trade 1 of their 2nd rd picks, and their 3rd pick for Schaub, then using their #17 pick for either Greenway, or Simms.. Now that would take care of both dillemas...
    ~ I don't think ATL would take anything less than our 17th pick for Schaub

Json is offline GM

Thanks for sticking up for me everyone. I know I post that I want Schaub a lot but it's something I feel very strong about. I don't push it on people I just state that I really would like for us to inquire Schaub.

Its the offseason. What else am I suppose to speak about ZDoy379? I mean I could sit and rave and rat about trading this pick for that guy and that guy for this pick etc, but I just happen to want Schaub and think he will be a good starting QB in this league for years to come.

"Slade" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Vikes trade 1 of their 2nd rd picks, and their 3rd pick for Schaub, then using their #17 pick for either Greenway, or Simms.. Now that would take care of both dillemas...
    ~ I don't think ATL would take anything less than our 17th pick for Schaub
    Ya, I believe we offered them a package similar to that, but they would taking nothing less than a first round pick.

ZDoy379 is offline Starter

"Json" wrote:
    Thanks for sticking up for me everyone. I know I post that I want Schaub a lot but it's something I feel very strong about. I don't push it on people I just state that I really would like for us to inquire Schaub.

Its the offseason. What else am I suppose to speak about ZDoy379? I mean I could sit and rave and rat about trading this pick for that guy and that guy for this pick etc, but I just happen to want Schaub and think he will be a good starting QB in this league for years to come.
    yea i know ill stop makin fun of what ppl think or what their opinions are. i mean i just started this idk all the rules yet but ill get them down soon enough. my b Json.

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

I'm sure that everyone has pointed this out, but if we want Greenway, we will either stay put or trade down.

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

Not sure about Schaub. Culpepper is worth a second round pick. What is Schaub worth? If I remember Ferotte came in for Daute and tore it up. Went to Miami and sucked it up. Always leary on backups.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    DeAngelo Williams...next year's Offensive ROY!!!
    He wouldn't be if he played for the Vikings, who likely wouldn't give him the carries.
    If he proves that he is THE MAN, he most definitely WILL get the carries...look at Cadillac Williams last year...he stepped up and took the carries away from the other RBs in Tampa...until he got hurt that is!

See the article that I posted about the BEST pure RB in the draft for more info on my pick for #17.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    He wouldn't be if he played for the Vikings, who likely wouldn't give him the carries.
    If he proves that he is THE MAN, he most definitely WILL get the carries...look at Cadillac Williams last year...he stepped up and took the carries away from the other RBs in Tampa...until he got hurt that is!

See the article that I posted about the BEST pure RB in the draft for more info on my pick for #17.
    That is a completely different situation with Cadillac. First of all, he was the #5 choice in the draft therefore they essentially were paying him too much NOT to start. Secondly Chester Taylor is a better player than Michael Pittman. Thirdly Michael Pittman had been given his chance and had proven to be an average back at best (which is why they drafted Cadillac). Chester has not yet shown what he can do as a starter and the coaching staff would likely give him that opportunity, especially since the guy signed here for that reason. And finally, the Bucs did not have the kind of depth at RB that we do now.

Why draft a player in the first round than in all likelyhood would end up starting the season as a third stringer (either meritted or unmeritted)?

I would have preferred Deangelo over Chester, but we got Chester, so it is unlikely we will take Deangelo now.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

That is a completely different situation with Cadillac. First of all, he was the #5 choice in the draft therefore they essentially were paying him too much NOT to start. Secondly Chester Taylor is a better player than Michael Pittman. Thirdly Michael Pittman had been given his chance and had proven to be an average back at best (which is why they drafted Cadillac). Chester has not yet shown what he can do as a starter and the coaching staff would likely give him that opportunity, especially since the guy signed here for that reason. And finally, the Bucs did not have the kind of depth at RB that we do now.

Why draft a player in the first round than in all likelyhood would end up starting the season as a third stringer (either meritted or unmeritted)?

I would have preferred Deangelo over Chester, but we got Chester, so it is unlikely we will take Deangelo now.
    Agree, draft more for need this year. Every draft has great backs. If Chester sucks and we need one next year then draft one next year. We need help else where. Linebacker to be specific. I want to win this year, I am getting older every year. Just one Super Bowl before I die. Is that too much?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234