Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    mewario is offline Starter

If our pick comes up at 17 and Matt Ryan and Derrick Harvey are long gone..

Who do we draft then?

Do we possibly reach for Phillip Merling?

Do we pick BPA which may very well be Devin Thomas, the wideout from Michigan St.?

Or do we go for a potential franchise QB to compete with TJack?
    (Brian Brohm)?

Just trying to see where you guys are leaning towards, and why.

Re: If our pick comes up at 17 and Matt Ryan and Derrick Harvey are long gone..

I just have a feeling Derrick Harvey's stock is too high to last all the way to 17, although that would be the ideal pick if he fell.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"mewario" wrote:
    I just have a feeling Derrick Harvey's stock is too high to last all the way to 17, although that would be the ideal pick if he fell.
    The players on this list suck.
    I pick Brohm but he too should be gone. We might go Cambell due to his size ans strenght. We need a LDE

I think 17 would be a big reach for Calais Campbell

KevinK is offline Starter

I really want us to to pick BPA at DE, QB, CB, OL, or Safety.
    I think if we go WR in the first round we could get another TWill.
    Devin Thomas is a great prospect but we just got BB for a large chunk of change. I know we got other Safties now but Sharper's gone in a year and Boulware to me is a better backup type. But I hope a DE with talent is available at pick 17.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Until someone shows me a medical report that shows that Merling won't play next year, he is still the man at 17 if he gets that far.

In fact if Harvey and Merling and Ryann were sitting there I would still take Merling.

Exceptional talent at LDE and fixes our biggest need.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Until someone shows me a medical report that shows that Merling won't play next year, he is still the man at 17 if he gets that far.

In fact if Harvey and Merling and Ryann were sitting there I would still take Merling.

I'm not a fan of his. He's ok and it's a need but I'm not looking for a 1 year need. If Udeze comes back next year...what do we do then? I say we wix RDE with our # 1 and then addres LDE later in the draft. Drafting strictly a run stuffer that high is asking for a suppar season.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I'm not a fan of his. He's ok and it's a need but I'm not looking for a 1 year need. If Udeze comes back next year...what do we do then? I say we wix RDE with our # 1 and then addres LDE later in the draft. Drafting strictly a run stuffer that high is asking for a suppar season.
    WHEN ( ;D) Keneche comes back next year we shit can one of the short term solutions they brought in this year and have Keneche and Merling tearing shit up on the left side and Robison, Edwards and maybe Erasmus on the right side.

Add to that rotation a line that would look like this in passing situations....

Edwards
    Kevin
    Merling
    Robison
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Nebvikefan is offline Rookie

"Marrdro" wrote:

I don't know why everyone likes Merling.
    He had one of the worst bench presses number of all the DE's.
    I am not sure what the number is but it was something like 18.
    How is he going to push around 350 lbs lineman when he can only do 18 reps of 225lbs?
    I am 170lbs and 5'6" and i am pretty sure i can push up 18 reps of 225lbs!!!!
    lol.
    He doesn't have the pass rush moves the harvey and the others do or the speed to get around the corner.
    IMO Merling would only be a good pick if he falls to the vikes in the 2nd round.
    I would NEVER advise the vikes to take him at 17th overall.
    I really hope i am wrong about him if the vikes to take him but that is just my opinions
    "If you need two yards, I'll get you three.
    If you need five yards, I'll get you three.
    "-Leroy Hoard

"Nebvikefan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I don't know why everyone likes Merling.
    He had one of the worst bench presses number of all the DE's.
    I am not sure what the number is but it was something like 18.
    How is he going to push around 350 lbs lineman when he can only do 18 reps of 225lbs?
    I am 170lbs and 5'6" and i am pretty sure i can push up 18 reps of 225lbs!!!!
    lol.

He doesn't have the pass rush moves the harvey and the others do or the speed to get around the corner.
    IMO Merling would only be a good pick if he falls to the vikes in the 2nd round.
    I would NEVER advise the vikes to take him at 17th overall.
    I really hope i am wrong about him if the vikes to take him but that is just my opinions
    I don't think you can, It has to be perfect form. No bouncing off the chest or anything like that. Most of my 5 reps won't count.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast