Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:If this is to be Favre's last season....

midgensa wrote:
    On the not so bad side:
    » Favre is still nursing his ankle and it might no be so bad for him to take a little extra time.
    Does anyone really think he is nursing his ankle?

In this day and age of 8 month knee reconstruction, cleaning up a ankle surely wouldn't take this long to heal.

My guess, its just a easy excuse, for the staff and the Noodle, for not being in camp.

What bugs me the most about him not being there is the fact that the staff, the Noodle, and the press, treat the fans like 3 year olds and expect us to believe that spin.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Childress: Favre needs 2 to 3 weeks to prepare

hmm.... almost sounds like the 'plan' is to have Favre come back for the last two preseason games.

Fine by me
    Been what they've been saying all the while, just need to listen.

The Chiller said that they (the staff and the Noodle) knew about the surgery requirement with 3 weeks left in the season. If he wasn't gonna use it as an excuse to skip camp, why didn'the have it done right away?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    On the not so bad side:
    » Favre is still nursing his ankle and it might no be so bad for him to take a little extra time.

In this day and age of 8 month knee reconstruction, cleaning up a ankle surely wouldn't take this long to heal.

My guess, its just a easy excuse, for the staff and the Noodle, for not being in camp.

What bugs me the most about him not being there is the fact that the staff, the Noodle, and the press, treat the fans like 3 year olds and expect us to believe that spin.
    Why should we care about the Favre soap opera?
    It is what it is.
    I don't have to like the guy personally to realize he gives our team the best chance to win.

He wasn't involved in any murders or dog fights or anything.
    I'll forgive him his faults.

Story may change if he sucks this year.

That's football!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Childress: Favre needs 2 to 3 weeks to prepare

hmm.... almost sounds like the 'plan' is to have Favre come back for the last two preseason games.

Fine by me
    Been what they've been saying all the while, just need to listen.

The Chiller said that they (the staff and the Noodle) knew about the surgery requirement with 3 weeks left in the season. If he wasn't gonna use it as an excuse to skip camp, why didn'the have it done right away?
    They did it this way so he had an 'out' for not being in camp. The Vikes agreed to it because he is our best chance to win, AND doing it this way allows them a way to say Favre is unsure of coming back. Really its all a ploy to dodge camp. I dont like it, but I am ok with it.

I know as do most NFL fans that #4 will lace em up tight and give everyone a show come game day.

One thing is for sure, ever since we added the Silver Fox to the roster the Vikes have gotten alot more coverage nationally. The improved play probably helped a bit too

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    On the not so bad side:

It is what it is.
    I don't have to like the guy personally to realize he gives our team the best chance to win.

That's football!
    If he sucks this year, does that mean he really didn't give us the best chance to win?

With respect to the "Soap Opera". Atleast the team gets mentioned alot on NFLN and ESPN. That in and of itself make alot of fans happy.

slavinator wrote:
    The improved play probably helped a bit too
    I'm with ya on that one Slav.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If he sucks this year, does that mean he really didn't give us the best chance to win?
    Depends how much he sucks. If he sucks less than Jackson (More likely), then yes, he still gives us the best shot to win. If he sucks more than Jackson, i would hope he'd get benched for Jackson.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    On the not so bad side:

It is what it is.

That's football!

With respect to the "Soap Opera". Atleast the team gets mentioned alot on NFLN and ESPN. That in and of itself make alot of fans happy.
    No, I'm pretty sure the team will carry him if he sucks, after all, they did last year!

I never liked the guy that much to begin with so I respect his play on the field, but tend to ignore the soap opera.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jargomcfargo wrote:
    No, I'm pretty sure the team will carry him if he sucks, after all, they did last year!

I never liked the guy that much to begin with so I respect his play on the field, but tend to ignore the soap opera.
    Always speaking the truth....... Thats what I like about ya Doc. B)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12