Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    WSWR's Avatar
    WSWR is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    32

    Ideal 6 round mock

    Normally I would try to blind you with analysis but im tired and so on and so forth...


    1- Ernie Sims | WLB | FSU
    2- Max Jean Gillies | OG | Georgia
    2- Omar Jacobs | QB | Bowling Green
    3- Anthony Smith | SS | Syracuse
    3- Alan Zemaitis | CB | Penn State
    4- Tim Dobbins | ILB | Iowa State
    5- Owen Danials | TE | Wisconsin
    6- Joe Toledo | OT | Washington

  2. #2
    viks_fan21's Avatar
    viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    644

    Re: Ideal 6 round mock

    I like the first 3 picks, after that I'm not too fond of it.

    I know this thread is about your draft, but hows this sound:

    1) Ernie Sims
    2) Max Jean Gilles/Davin Joseph (In case Gilles is gone)
    2) Omar Jacobs
    3) Roman Harper (I like him a little more than Anthony Smith)
    3) Martin Nance/Derek Hagan (whoever's available)
    4) Tim McGarigle (the NCAA all-time leading tackler, what's not to love?)
    5) Jeff King (maybe a reach, but he's underrated)
    6) Charles Bennett (DE out of Clemson in case you're unfamiliar, will be a STUD)

  3. #3
    WSWR's Avatar
    WSWR is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    32

    Re: Ideal 6 round mock

    "viks_fan21" wrote:
    I like the first 3 picks, after that I'm not too fond of it.

    I know this thread is about your draft, but hows this sound:

    1) Ernie Sims
    2) Max Jean Gilles/Davin Joseph (In case Gilles is gone)
    2) Omar Jacobs
    3) Roman Harper (I like him a little more than Anthony Smith)
    3) Martin Nance/Derek Hagan (whoever's available)
    4) Tim McGarigle (the NCAA all-time leading tackler, what's not to love?)
    5) Jeff King (maybe a reach, but he's underrated)
    6) Charles Bennett (DE out of Clemson in case you're unfamiliar, will be a STUD)
    I need a CB.

    I just slapped this mock together to see how it goes over. This will influence the mock on my paper.

  4. #4
    purplepride818 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    297

    Re: Ideal 6 round mock

    no WR? i think 3rd round we should get a WR.

  5. #5
    WSWR's Avatar
    WSWR is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    32

    Re: Ideal 6 round mock

    "purplepride818" wrote:
    no WR? i think 3rd round we should get a WR.
    Ohhhh crap. That the kind of mistake I make when I do this too fast. Sorry.

  6. #6
    michiganvike is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    66

    Re: Ideal 6 round mock

    "WSWR" wrote:
    "purplepride818" wrote:
    no WR? i think 3rd round we should get a WR.
    Ohhhh crap. That the kind of mistake I make when I do this too fast. Sorry.
    haha

    greg jennings from Western Michigan...

  7. #7
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,217

    Re: Ideal 6 round mock

    the only one I would change in the first three rounds is Omar Jacobs. Admittedly I haven't seen much of him but I have seen Croyle play. I would place Croyle in there for Jacobs. I watched him slice up an athletic Gator team and play with alot of confidence. I think he will make a great pro. And one of the biggest reasons I like him is because he knows the value of turnovers.

    Of all the QBs left on the board at this point he seems to me the best at controlling a game.

    After the third round you can say we are getting mickey mouse and be just as accurate. So I would say a good mock except for Jacobs!

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  8. #8
    ZDoy379's Avatar
    ZDoy379 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    209

    Re: Ideal 6 round mock

    croyle is not accurate at all. he played some good teams but hes got to learn mentally to be on the field. i think we should take jacobs with the second 2nd rnd pick just to be safe. he is smart, fast, good size for nfl, he can pass on teh run. the only knock on him is that his mechanincs arent all that great and ppl say he hasnt faced any good teams. here are his stats vs wisconsin, one of the good teams that bowling green played last year.
    30/51 passing, 458 yards, 5 tds, 1 pick, 58.8 CMP%, 162.69 passer rating, with a long of 63.

  9. #9
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Ideal 6 round mock

    "ZDoy379" wrote:
    croyle is not accurate at all. he played some good teams but hes got to learn mentally to be on the field. i think we should take jacobs with the second 2nd rnd pick just to be safe. he is smart, fast, good size for nfl, he can pass on teh run. the only knock on him is that his mechanincs arent all that great and ppl say he hasnt faced any good teams. here are his stats vs wisconsin, one of the good teams that bowling green played last year.
    30/51 passing, 458 yards, 5 tds, 1 pick, 58.8 CMP%, 162.69 passer rating, with a long of 63.
    Uh, I thought the max passer rating was 158.3, is it different in college?


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    960

    Re: Ideal 6 round mock

    "ZDoy379" wrote:
    croyle is not accurate at all. he played some good teams but hes got to learn mentally to be on the field. i think we should take jacobs with the second 2nd rnd pick just to be safe. he is smart, fast, good size for nfl, he can pass on teh run. the only knock on him is that his mechanincs arent all that great and ppl say he hasnt faced any good teams. here are his stats vs wisconsin, one of the good teams that bowling green played last year.
    30/51 passing, 458 yards, 5 tds, 1 pick, 58.8 CMP%, 162.69 passer rating, with a long of 63.
    To say Croyle isnt accurate isnt entirely accurate, he had a 59.6% completion percentage, which is a full point better then the example you gave with Jacobs. Granted Jacobs finished with 60.7%, but i dont think anyones gonna argue who played better competition. And did you watch the Wisconsin defense this year, im from Wisconsin so i saw most games, they were terrible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My revised 1st round mock
    By brbitker in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 04:41 PM
  2. My first 1st Round mock draft
    By brbitker in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-06-2007, 12:31 AM
  3. My Vikings 7 Round Mock
    By IbleedPURPLEandGOLD in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-29-2006, 02:00 AM
  4. Vikings 7 Round Mock
    By VikesAllTheWay112642 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 12:31 PM
  5. My 3 Round Mock
    By XxS2TheEvoxX in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-05-2006, 06:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •