Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

Re: Ian Scott a solution

"Property0f" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:
    Ian Scott visited the vikings today can he eventually step up and replace pat williams if he retires or gets traded?
    Is this deja vue?
    I thought he visited last week.
    He did, but now hes back. Looks like the possibility of him signing is pretty high.

"Chicago free-agent defensive tackle Ian Scott visited the Minnesota Vikings."
    http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511
    no doubt, that has to bode well for signing him.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    If he comes at a decent price...and is an upgrade over Kolo and Spencer, then sign him...otherwise, save our money for some more OFFENSIVE firepower...ideally WRs!!!
    The Vikes need to upgrade at NT because Pat is getting older and slower, so he needs to be rested in games more often each year.
    Scott would provide him with rest on each series, and should be pursued in free agency before the draft.
    The reason is to eliminate one more 'need' before the draft to provide the Vikings with extra flexibility to trade up for a key remaining need; e.g. WR or QB.

Exactly what was I was thinking. I love Pat but at his age and his shape I am not sure how much he has left. And if Scott can add a presesnce especially on Passing downs I am all for it

"Property0f" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:
    Ian Scott visited the vikings today can he eventually step up and replace pat williams if he retires or gets traded?
    Is this deja vue?
    He did, but now hes back. Looks like the possibility of him signing is pretty high.

Maybe he left his car keys or some other personal property in his Mpls hotel room?

He may be revisiting in an attempt to create competition for his services and drive up his market price, because he said he wouldn't mind returning to Da Bearrrsss.

The Vikings should offer what they offered last week, or perhaps a little more, state that it is a FINAL OFFER, and ask him to decide by mid-week.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Revisits are a good thing.
    It normally means it is being heavily considered and could be about contract negotiation.
    I would welcome Scott as I think he would really help bolster the defensive line and screw the Bears at the same time.

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "Property0f" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:
    Is this deja vue?

Maybe he left his car keys or some other personal property in his Mpls hotel room?

He may be revisiting in an attempt to create competition for his services and drive up his market price, because he said he wouldn't mind returning to Da Bearrrsss.

The Vikings should offer what they offered last week, or perhaps a little more, state that it is a FINAL OFFER, and ask him to decide by mid-week.
    Well, he was supposed to visit KC last week, but they signed two DT's before he even went there. KC was definitetly in the front running for Scott, but now that they are out we may now be the most interested team.

Hawkeye23 is offline Starter

it would add some depth as williams cant play every down now.

"ejmat" wrote:
    It normally means it is being heavily considered and could be about contract negotiation.
    I would welcome Scott as I think he would really help bolster the defensive line and screw the Bears at the same time.
    and screwing the bears will help us maybe take back the division. hopefully if we can fix our worthless offense. the only bright spot on offense was CT imo

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"darkmage2012" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    and screwing the bears will help us maybe take back the division. hopefully if we can fix our worthless offense. the only bright spot on offense was CT imo
    good point, especially with them probably going to lose tank the convict to suspension and the other clown coming off of injury.
    better us then them.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"darkmage2012" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    I really don't feel like explaining my htoughts on offense again but we are not that lousy there.
    All we need is upgrades at WR and a RG.
    Once they stop the useless penalties they will be able to move the ball just fine.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

CJ Mosely?

Where are ya buddy?

LOL!

Atleast we have Brooks B on the team.
    :

Ian Scott might be a solution for the future give him a shot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast