Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Johnson

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ian Johnson

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Two things.......

If a team wanted him that bad why didn't they draft him?
    Nope, my guess is he would/could be slipped to the practice squad without an issue.

His off the field issues are related a theft of a car stereo and a half smoked joint from his younger days.
    Quick google will find a few links on it if you want.
    A lot of teams made offers to him after the draft... we forked out the most $.
    Been out of the mix for a few days.
    How much and by whom?

Seriously, this cat went undrafted and most in this thread are talking about him like he was a first or second round pick.
    He was considered a possible 3rd round pick, his stock just dropped off.

I can't remember exactly how many teams contacted Johnson, but I think I remember reading 11 teams were reported interested in him

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Two things.......

Nope, my guess is he would/could be slipped to the practice squad without an issue.

His off the field issues are related a theft of a car stereo and a half smoked joint from his younger days.
    How much and by whom?

Seriously, this cat went undrafted and most in this thread are talking about him like he was a first or second round pick.

I can't remember exactly how many teams contacted Johnson, but I think I remember reading 11 teams were reported interested in him
    Sorry I was wrong, it wasn't 11 teams thats contacted him... it was 18.

The running back went undrafted this past weekend and, after hearing from 18 NFL teams Sunday night, signed with the Vikings and will participate in the team's rookie minicamp starting Friday at Winter Park.
    LINK

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Two things.......

How much and by whom?

I don't have any of my draft stuff with me, all at home (go figure) but when he was added to the roster I don't remember seeing his name very high in any of the stuff I had.

Could have missed it though as I really focused on his off field issues and the convo he had with the chiller about it/them.

Again, might have missed it however, I am sure I would remember getting a UDFA that was ranked/rated as a 3rd round pick.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Two things.......

How much and by whom?

I don't have any of my draft stuff with me, all at home (go figure) but when he was added to the roster I don't remember seeing his name very high in any of the stuff I had.

Could have missed it though as I really focused on his off field issues and the convo he had with the chiller about it/them.

Again, might have missed it however, I am sure I would remember getting a UDFA that was ranked/rated as a 3rd round pick.
    [ur=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2009/draft/players/14890.htmll]
    SI.Com PROJECTION: Third/Fourth Round
    [/url]

Most places projected him as a 5th/6th round pick after his senior year, but still was considered a possible 3rd/4th by a few analysts. Either way, being contacted by 18 of the 32 NFL teams after the draft says something.

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51726.msg951835#msg951835 date=1243358102]
    Two things.......

How much and by whom?

[/url]

Most places projected him as a 5th/6th round pick after his senior year, but still was considered a possible 3rd/4th by a few analysts. Either way, being contacted by 18 of the 32 NFL teams after the draft says something.
    [/quote]
    I hear ya on the the achievment but lets not forget.
    Alot of teams contact alot of players in an effort to round out thier draft boards.
    Hell TJ was actively pursued by 7 teams.
    In the end, what did that mean?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=51726.msg951837#msg951837 date=1243358210]
    Two things.......

How much and by whom?

[/url]

[/quote]
    Alot of teams contact alot of players in an effort to round out thier draft boards.
    [/quote]

It meant we traded away 2 3rd round picks to move up in teh 2nd round and take him what some may htink prematurely
    :P

"ejmat" wrote:
    It meant we traded away 2 3rd round picks to move up in teh 2nd round and take him what some may htink prematurely
    LOL, you know the search function isn't working (actually I haven't tried since I got back) so I can't pull up the "Who was left" list from that draft....... :P (back at ya
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D)

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51726.msg951838#msg951838 date=1243358332]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=51726.msg951837#msg951837 date=1243358210]
    Two things.......

How much and by whom?

[/url]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

we had another guy make the team last year as an undrafted FA, that was supposed to be a 3rd round pick.. his name is Erin Henderson!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Regardless, why are we still talking about this guy??

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    we had another guy make the team last year as an undrafted FA, that was supposed to be a 3rd round pick.. his name is Erin Henderson!
    Not picking bleed but that can be taken 2 ways.......

a.
    He made the team and really didn't do anything.

b.
    He made the team and was stellar.

Which stance is it?
    I kindof was let down after all the hype Erin CSA'rs pushed out at us last year this time to the point I was glad the staff went out and addressed the position in the draft this year.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast