Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Johnson

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Ian Johnson

Man the more I hear and read about this kid the more I think we may of found a gem as a UDFA. Not saying he will be a stud but I think he may end up being a very nice player for us.

[youtube=425,350]X9bkWU-J1tk[/youtube]

Older article after his pro day. Love his attitude

http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2009/03/17/ccripe/ian_johnson_looks_fast_powerful_pro_day

Ian Johnson looks 'fast, powerful' at pro day
    Submitted by Chadd Cripe on Tue, 03/17/2009 - 4:03pm.

By Chadd Cripe
    [email protected]

Former Boise State tailback Ian Johnson put together another impressive workout Tuesday for NFL scouts at the Broncos’ annual pro day.

Johnson, who has bulked up to 212 pounds, did not run the 40-yard dash because he posted a terrific time of 4.46 seconds at the NFL Scouting Combine. He did do agility drills.

“He’s as big as he’s ever been and moving as well as he’s ever moved,” Boise State coach Chris Petersen said. “… He looked fast and he looked powerful.”

Johnson was one of 11 former Broncos to participate in pro day. About a dozen NFL scouts and a couple of CFL representatives showed up — a much smaller crowd than traveled to Ryan Clady’s workout last year.

Johnson plans to stay in Boise for the next month. He will watch the NFL Draft in California.

“I’m not satisfied yet, because I still know there are a lot of things I can work on,” he said. “… Now it’s keep on the same path of helping myself every day.”

He doesn’t worry about draft position, he said. He’s confident he will make a team regardless.

“I will stick with a team once I get there,” he said. “Once I get that chance, I’ll work until my second contract, third contract, fourth contract, until you kick me off the field. For me, it’s just getting that first chance.”

Re: Ian Johnson

I have been a huge fan of johnson for quite some time, and not only because i am from boise but I have watched him in person from his freshman year. He is definately a play maker and has a huge heart for the game, unless playing with a collapsed lung doesn't give that justice.

I have a lot of confidence he makes the squad, and at least makes an impact on ST.

peterson-rox28 is offline Pro-Bowler

Ian Johnson= Future replacement for Taylor!!!!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Ian Johnson will be this years Jason Carter during camp/preseason.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:

It is looking that way.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Don't know too much about Ian besides the statue of liberty play but that video was pretty badass. Hope he works out..
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Vikes_King" wrote:

You mean he'll make one nice catch during a pre-season game, make the practice squad, many people will slobber over him calling him a beast & begging for him to play, he'll get a chance to play, do nothing & then just disappear from the roster?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Not tooooooo thrilled about him

Hope he can show some stuff tho and atleast make PS

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

You mean he'll make one nice catch during a pre-season game, make the practice squad, many people will slobber over him calling him a beast & begging for him to play, he'll get a chance to play, do nothing & then just disappear from the roster?
    haha, saw your name on the list of online members and KNEW you were going to say something along those lines.

My camparison of him was strictly about how much hype he'll have
    ;D
    I'd say I give him a better chance to make the final (53 man, not PS) roster than Carter, but i'm going to reserve that till i actually see him in Kato vs NFL talent instead of what I see on youtube and what i've heard of him lol

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

How does he run a 4.46 and not get drafted? That's pretty damn good speed.. not to mention
    becoming a pretty good running back over the years in college. You'd have expected at least one team to take a chance on him in the late rounds. That said it sounds like we got ourselves a good one in Minnesota.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast