Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: i think our WR situation is not gonna change much this offseason

If our offense is anything next season, like it was this season, it will be another wasted f'n year.. Time for Childress to put his pride to the side.. If the only reason why we won't bring back Randy Moss is because of Childress's past with Owens, then that is bull crap..

He acts like he is a HOF coach or something.. He needs to realize that this next season is make or break for his career as a HC.. If he falters, he is done.. So he needs to think about that crap to put the best possible team on the field to win games..

Having Travis Taylor, Troy "I can't catch the f'n ball" Williamson, and Bethel Johnson as our WR's was hardly an intimidating presence on Sundays.. Our best WR missed some games, yet he was our most productive.. How is he repaid for that? He gets cut on Christmas Eve.. Real good decision making there Childress..

OK, rant off now folks..

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I posted in this thread but nothing showed up.. this is the third time this has happened..

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    If our offense is anything next season, like it was this season, it will be another wasted f'n year.. Time for Childress to put his pride to the side.. If the only reason why we won't bring back Randy Moss is because of Childress's past with Owens, then that is bull crap..

He acts like he is a HOF coach or something.. He needs to realize that this next season is make or break for his career as a HC.. If he falters, he is done.. So he needs to think about that crap to put the best possible team on the field to win games..

Having Travis Taylor, Troy "I can't catch the f'n ball" Williamson, and Bethel Johnson as our WR's was hardly an intimidating presence on Sundays.. Our best WR missed some games, yet he was our most productive.. How is he repaid for that? He gets cut on Christmas Eve.. Real good decision making there Childress..

OK, rant off now folks..
    I couldn't agree more !!!!!!

The Vikes WR situation STINKS OUT LOUD !!!!!

I hope come the draft they address that glaring WEAKNESS at WR.....
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

It'll be tough to address it when we have so little cap room and Calvin will not be available but I think we will sign somebody cheap and get another guy in the second or third round.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"FuadFan" wrote:
    It'll be tough to address it when we have so little cap room and Calvin will not be available but I think we will sign somebody cheap and get another guy in the second or third round.

We will be just fine with cap room.. We have something like 12 million right now.. If you add that with the likely releases of some of our players, we will be fine.. Rumored releases right now are:

Fred Smoot
    Dwight Smith
    Jim Kleinsasser
    Jermaine Wiggins
    Mike Rosenthal

That should free us up quite a bit.. We will be good on cap room..

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah, I agree that we'll be fine on cap space. If we have 14 mil and get the money from the contracts of Smith, Smoot, Wiggins, Rosenthal etc. we should have 20 or so. or is there a hit?..

Anyways I see us signing one of the bigger FA WR's, a younger project type guy and a 2nd to 3rd round draft pick leaving or corps something like-

Drew Bennett
    DJ Hackett
    Troy Williamson
    Sidney Rice
    Martin Nance

Which I would be completely fine with.

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "MVIKING7" wrote:
    "waynesworld" wrote:
    First off...we, the vikes, never had a "chris carter"
    you wanna talk famous chris carters go to the x-files web site

Ummmm...............HUH?
    HANGIN' ME OUT TO DRY FOR A TYPO? GEEZ MAN!
    Cris Carter played for the Vikings.
    Chris Carter was the writer for the X-Files.

laujesse is offline Starter

We have 20 mil in cap space before we start making cuts. We have the money, old Rob B. always has a trick or 2 up his sleeve as well. I just hope we spend it on something else.

If you guys think WR's win it all look at Oakland, they had 2 of the best wideouts in the game and were the worst offense in the league. If you can find a bigger FA bust risk position than WR let me know.

You guys were saying the same thing about LB last year...

Our O problems began and ended with what my signature sayes. We need O line help. If you think back to our 98 team and the rams 99 team had one thing in common. The QB could count to 7 before he had to move his feet and the RB was 4 yards up field when he got touched.

I would rather have Leneord Davis and Kris Dielman than Dante Stallworth and Randy Moss.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

As of yesterday (I think), Mel Kiper still has Ginn going to the Vikes at No. 7.
    If we take him there, I think I might go postal.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    As of yesterday (I think), Mel Kiper still has Ginn going to the Vikes at No. 7.
    If we take him there, I think I might go postal.
    Not really sure how/why he has the credibility he has.
    I have only been interested in the "Draft" thing for the last 5 years and don't have all the past years statistics for how well he does with respect to "getting it right" however, the way he does it I believe is to put people/players in positions that he feels (based on his opinion/scouting) are the best for what the team needs.

In most cases he has been wrong and not right.
    Longwinded way of saying, I wouldn't put much credibility into what Kiper says.

Additionally, we don't have much history into what B-Chil is going to do but we can take a look at what he did last year:

a.
    Overall draft was pretty good.
    b.
    He did make some moves to get somebody he thought he needed (TJ).
    c.
    He drafted by need and not BPA.
    d.
    He tried to move up to get at least one of the top 3 QB's last year. (I think TJ was his second option on the board).

I think they will try to go up and get CJ just like they tried to move up and get a QB, but won't do it if the team they are working with wants to much.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast