Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jmmcgorman is offline Rookie

Re: I think I'll like this brand of football

I am excited to see how childress can implement troy williamson and koren robinson into the west coast offense, I feel like troy was not utilized very well last year, especially for being the 7th overall. Now that we have the front line of the century to back up our verteran qb, along with our veteran fb (richardson), and our new powerful chester tayler, and always reliable jermaine wiggins, it seems as if all of our offensive holes are filled, i just hope we get a good qb for the future. The only thing I am worried about is we are a little weak at linebacker, and safety, other than that I am freakin out for this next season, thank God for Directv and Sunday ticket!!

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

I agree a nice smash mouth team will be a nice change of pace. Well when he was the O coordinator down here in Wisconsin, his teams wereall like this, and you know what they won a lot of football games! One other thing I'm going to note about those teams, they were rarely unprepared.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

"sirweeze" wrote:
    [quote]"punisher" wrote:
    I like how Childress and the Vikings appear to be building this team. It looks like they're trying to build this offense into an absolutely punishing machine. Nothing seemed more stressful to me than playing those old Ditka Bears when they would just pound the ball for those long 8-10 minute drives and we would have the ball for like 3 minutes a quarter. After years of the quick strike, I'm ready for a physically dominating smack mouth team. I thought Tice was going to bring that, but it just never happened. I also believe we're headed that way on defense. A potentially dominating front four, a very, very solid defensive back group and maybe some increased intellect with the linebackers.

Skoal!
    I completely agree.

Now all we need is an outdoor stadium...[/quote

Exactly what I was thinking

JDante is offline Rookie

so, we like brad johnson???
    well hes not tha first guy i think of when you say smashmouth football or punishing offense, neither is chester taylor, but hey lets wait and see!

woot woot go vikes!
    Yea.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Those 8-10 minute drives I really like..

I agree with you guys..

I've never seen (in my brief tenure, 3 1/2 years) a vikings that could eat up that much time in one drive... I'm looking forward to it.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

punisher is offline Training Camp

"JDante" wrote:
    so, we like brad johnson???
    well hes not tha first guy i think of when you say smashmouth football or punishing offense, neither is chester taylor, but hey lets wait and see!

woot woot go vikes!
    The quarterback doesn't define a smashmouth offense or defense. Ravens were smash mouth a few years back and it wasn't because of Trent Dilfer.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Well it's about time that we started to get this downhill style of running the ball. I have been waiting for years for this. Wondering if we are going to actually run downhill or adopt a Bronco style of running the ball. I say both. We have MeMo too. Crack him a little space and that lil scat back is gone for major yardage.
    Taylor I am not as well informed about but from what I remember he can run downhill as well a look for those creases. This is also condusive for going over the top to KROB and TWILL. This offense can be a defense draining, time consuming, point scoring machine. Can Chester throw the ball for twenty or thirty yards? lol, halfback option anyone?
    Anyone know how Udeze is doing? With him back to full strength(I hope)the Dline should be even more improved and hopefully "The Animal" will be healthier and ready to go and having a more consistent kicking game I have full confidence in winning many games this year.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

are we da bears now?
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

We shouldn't be so optimistic we didn't do that great last year and we got all these players that didn't want to play even for all the money the received. However we have a more strict coach in Childress which will definetily help so it's hard to say I'm feeling alot better with Childress with his expierience. Also the fact we traded culpepper will definetly help I hope we will go after some receivers. I also think we need to trade up for a QB

Formerly Viking24

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

This year the Vikes will probably be in the playoff hunt, but they will need to make some dramatic improvements in the draft. Who knows how solid Offord will be at SS. He has improved the last couple of years, but the Vikings need to draft a safety high. I'd like to see them move up to try to get Cutler and if they can't get him draft Michael Huff from Texas. With the exception of the Packers, all of the top 5 teams in this years draft have mentioned trade. The Vikings should put a package together with their second rounders to get into the top 10 and get a rookie QB who can start next year or Hawk (a beast LB) or Huff. Also I am not sold on our new offensive line. Hutch is just one man and Birk has not played recently. We can all hope that the Vikings have some big moves up their sleeves, otherwise I don't see them getting past the first round.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast