Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    punisher is offline Training Camp

I think I'll like this brand of football

I like how Childress and the Vikings appear to be building this team. It looks like they're trying to build this offense into an absolutely punishing machine. Nothing seemed more stressful to me than playing those old Ditka Bears when they would just pound the ball for those long 8-10 minute drives and we would have the ball for like 3 minutes a quarter. After years of the quick strike, I'm ready for a physically dominating smack mouth team. I thought Tice was going to bring that, but it just never happened. I also believe we're headed that way on defense. A potentially dominating front four, a very, very solid defensive back group and maybe some increased intellect with the linebackers.

Skoal!

Lungshot is offline Training Camp

Re: I think I'll like this brand of football

I'm friggin pumped for this season!Where gonna slaughter everyone!!!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

BJ won't be throwing INTs in the red zone, because he won't be throwing in the red zone at all!!! Woohooo!

Yay for rested Defenders!
    Yay for 1,000 yard rushers!
    Yay for the Vikings!
    Yay!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I could go for some of that smash mouth football myself!!!

GO VIKES!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

As long as the D can step up, this team will be a blast to watch. They will outmuscle everyone on offense but they still have some awesome playmaking recievers. Its nice to have a reliable kicker so we can put points up on many more drives than in the past. The way the offense is shaping up is how the black and blue division is supposed to be but we also have the best playmaking receiving group. I can't wait to watch this team get going for the next few years.

LB is definitely still a concern but hopefully they will mature and the new system will work.

[color=red]

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

im ready for 2006-2007

sirweeze is offline Starter

"punisher" wrote:
    I like how Childress and the Vikings appear to be building this team. It looks like they're trying to build this offense into an absolutely punishing machine. Nothing seemed more stressful to me than playing those old Ditka Bears when they would just pound the ball for those long 8-10 minute drives and we would have the ball for like 3 minutes a quarter. After years of the quick strike, I'm ready for a physically dominating smack mouth team. I thought Tice was going to bring that, but it just never happened. I also believe we're headed that way on defense. A potentially dominating front four, a very, very solid defensive back group and maybe some increased intellect with the linebackers.

Skoal!
    I completely agree.

Now all we need is an outdoor stadium...

Lungshot is offline Training Camp

Can't wait to run over the opposition and knock their teeth out in the process!

michiganvike is offline Rookie

Yes i agree 100%
    we do need an outdoor stadium, and i am so thrilled its finally so close

once we can get that edge on other teams, it wil be better than ever

punisher is offline Training Camp

"sirweeze" wrote:
    "punisher" wrote:

Skoal!
    I completely agree.

Now all we need is an outdoor stadium...
    As a season ticket holder I have mixed feelings about the Outdoor Stadium. It would definately give us that home home field advantage, bring us back to our roots and keep my beer cold. However, those games in the brutal cold are more fun to watch from the comforts of home where one doesn't have to freeze their nads off. Plus, my beer doesn't usually stay in my cup that long. Even at $6 a pop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast