Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: I know im gonna get ripped on but.....

"olson_10" wrote:
    "WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    "wyorob" wrote:
    RIGHT ON!!!!!! I am with you WINONA I have a job 60 hrs a week, I have 2 future Viking starters and a Cheerleader of my own to take care of and a wife with her own set of needs. I cant sit here 24 hrs a day just to make sure I do not rehash anything that has already been brought up today or yesterday. I feel if I post a thread and if someone wants to answer and talk about it ..why shouldnt they. Its the equivalent of of someone in a third world pigmy country wanting to write about something and the King says no, burns the books and banishes him from the tribe.
    I'm sorry you guys feel the way you do. I had to put my two cents in here though. I don't think anyone is asking you to sit here 24 hours a day, but there is also a really cool function on this site where you can search for topics that have already been posted. When I found out about this feature, I was never again "worried" about posting something that was already posted. I agree with you, you should be able to post what you want but to rehash what Shock has already stated, when there are already numerous thread on the same topic it gets old.
    his post discusses us possibly picking up walker, and what everyone thinks about it..that is totally different than walker asking out of Green Bay..just because his name is also mentioned in the threads doesnt mean the topics are the same..id rather he post this and we all discuss it here rather than having a billion people compare it to the culpepper situation while also discussing a million other things regarding him in the same thread..im glad he created this thread so we can talk about whether or not he would be a good fit in minnesota..the other threads can be there for people to compare this to the daunte situation
    I think when you start a topic that says "I know I'm gonna get ripped on but..." you're pretty much asking for it.

Del Rio Guest

If you feel like your being picked on PM a mod, don't cry about it in the open forum drawing attention to yourself in a negative light.

If you feel the mods are a clique and you don't feel comfortable Pming them then PM Webmaster, the head honcho, the guy who made this site.

If you feel he is part of the clique and you feel your trials and pains will go unanwered go find yourself another site to post on. Because this is his site and you are here as a privledge.

The incorrect thing to do would be to start pissing your pants in the open forum about how your picked on, and how you have a super duper important life insinuating that everyone who has more posts then you do not. Therefore pissing more people off then you intended. Your to busy to hit the search button...you work....you have to shit, shower.....no one cares.

Wyrob I've moved two of your threads. Because they belonged in the already exsisting thread. If your gonna bitch about it, cry yourself to sleep over it, then PM a DIFFERENT mod, or PM the boss.

No one is questioning anyone being a fan I'm sure you all have all the starting lineups in a box, all the cards, plane tickets, game ticket stubs, autographed maxi pads.........

Mods mod the forum. If you don't obey the rules of the forum and your post gets moved it doesn't mean your getting picked on, it doesnt mean anyone is out to get you, it doesn't mean your not a fan, it means your not obeying the rules that the guy that owns THIS site, the guy that runs THIS site, made.

If you think the rules are stupid, if you think your too busy or too big of a fan to obey them then move along.

I have had posts moved as recently as two weeks ago, I have had to move people's posts that have been here way longer then I have. I have locked people's posts I consider my friends and then have been blasted openly by them for it. It's the way it is man.

Frankly if this seems harsh you must be new to the internet. Because on other boards if people try to air thier dirty laundry in the open they just get their ass booted.

This is a microcosm of real life so of course people who have been interacting for YEARS are going to be friends. You have to respect that. Stick to your guns, say what you want because that is what makes this place great. If you do go against the grain expect some jabs, but this is the goddamn internet so why even cry about it? If being here is that bad then leave do yourself a favor and us and leave. Your not going to change the site by openly boo fucking hooing over petty garbage.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    If you feel like your being picked on PM a mod, don't cry about it in the open forum drawing attention to yourself in a negative light.

If you feel the mods are a clique and you don't feel comfortable Pming them then PM Webmaster, the head honcho, the guy who made this site.

If you feel he is part of the clique and you feel your trials and pains will go unanwered go find yourself another site to post on. Because this is his site and you are here as a privledge.

The incorrect thing to do would be to start pissing your pants in the open forum about how your picked on, and how you have a super duper important life insinuating that everyone who has more posts then you do not. Therefore pissing more people off then you intended. Your to busy to hit the search button...you work....you have to pooh, shower.....no one cares.

Wyrob I've moved two of your threads. Because they belonged in the already exsisting thread. If your gonna beeyatch about it, cry yourself to sleep over it, then PM a DIFFERENT mod, or PM the boss.

No one is questioning anyone being a fan I'm sure you all have all the starting lineups in a box, all the cards, plane tickets, game ticket stubs, autographed maxi pads.........

Mods mod the forum. If you don't obey the rules of the forum and your post gets moved it doesn't mean your getting picked on, it doesnt mean anyone is out to get you, it doesn't mean your not a fan, it means your not obeying the rules that the guy that owns THIS site, the guy that runs THIS site, made.

If you think the rules are stupid, if you think your too busy or too big of a fan to obey them then move along.

I have had posts moved as recently as two weeks ago, I have had to move people's posts that have been here way longer then I have. I have locked people's posts I consider my friends and then have been blasted openly by them for it. It's the way it is man.

Frankly if this seems harsh you must be new to the internet. Because on other boards if people try to air thier dirty laundry in the open they just get their jiggly butt booted.

This is a microcosm of real life so of course people who have been interacting for YEARS are going to be friends. You have to respect that. Stick to your guns, say what you want because that is what makes this place great. If you do go against the grain expect some jabs, but this is the goddamn internet so why even cry about it? If being here is that bad then leave do yourself a favor and us and leave. Your not going to change the site by openly boo fricken hooing over petty garbage.
    Del...YOU DA MAN!!!

Words to live by!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    "wyorob" wrote:
    RIGHT ON!!!!!! I am with you WINONA I have a job 60 hrs a week, I have 2 future Viking starters and a Cheerleader of my own to take care of and a wife with her own set of needs. I cant sit here 24 hrs a day just to make sure I do not rehash anything that has already been brought up today or yesterday. I feel if I post a thread and if someone wants to answer and talk about it ..why shouldnt they. Its the equivalent of of someone in a third world pigmy country wanting to write about something and the King says no, burns the books and banishes him from the tribe.
    I'm sorry you guys feel the way you do. I had to put my two cents in here though. I don't think anyone is asking you to sit here 24 hours a day, but there is also a really cool function on this site where you can search for topics that have already been posted. When I found out about this feature, I was never again "worried" about posting something that was already posted. I agree with you, you should be able to post what you want but to rehash what Shock has already stated, when there are already numerous thread on the same topic it gets old.
    his post discusses us possibly picking up walker, and what everyone thinks about it..that is totally different than walker asking out of Green Bay..just because his name is also mentioned in the threads doesnt mean the topics are the same..id rather he post this and we all discuss it here rather than having a billion people compare it to the culpepper situation while also discussing a million other things regarding him in the same thread..im glad he created this thread so we can talk about whether or not he would be a good fit in minnesota..the other threads can be there for people to compare this to the daunte situation
    I think when you start a topic that says "I know I'm gonna get ripped on but..." you're pretty much asking for it.
    it was a dumb thread name, and if he had just named it "should we make a play for walker" it wouldve made a ton more sense..the discussion of the thread though was something that shouldve been in its own thread apart from the other walker/culpepper trade demand threads
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

OK - I am going to exercize my right as a mod and lock this thread - I think it has run it's course...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"olson_10" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    Wow, I'm sorry ill make sure and ok my titles from now on. I hear you wyorob the clicks are worse than a pack full of high school girls. I guess I didnt realize you had to have a thousand plus posts to be a vikings fan...my bad.
    i wonder the same thing sometimes..i dont bother posting threads anymore because each time i do, i get ripped for it..even when it has absolutely nothing to do with any other thread, people still say things like "well if its got dauntes name in it then just say it in another thread thats already up"
    Clicks? Please. Every member is treated the same until they prove otherwise.

Don't even start with the "thousand" post thing. Its just a weak excuse for bad excuses.

You even knew you were going to get ripped? You were asking for it!

How many Pep threads do we need? Is this PP.Pep?

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    I know DCGirl but i just am sick of it. Im afraid to even create a topic anymroe because i think one of the mods wont approve. And if we express an opinion that goes against the group then we are ripped on. I feel like when i come on here i cant be myself. All i wanna do is talking Vikings football and i cant. Javon would be an excellent addition to any team i was just suggesting that maybe it be ours. Im sorry i dont have as many posts, but im a full time student at Winona State University, i work 35 hours a week and i have to study besides that, so i dont have time to post things like "i agree" or "i hear ya" just to up my total.
    Why don't you battle it out instead of whine?

Posts do not mean squat.

"vikeswin2005" wrote:
    "wyorob" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    Would that be the topic regard JVON and CPEP, if so i felt it would be easier for everyone to see this thread. I have noticed that people get rather cranky on this site...gol 'darnit. Just trying to post a thought. I also think that JVON is better than the recievers we currently have. Cmon y'all simma down
    If you post a thought of your own you get run off and locked out. If your not in a little click thats happening here you get shot down. We are not sports writers here just fans who love to talk Vikings football. Some of the ones who have been here from the start a cool, but there are some grouches here.
    yup happened to me 2 times on posts that were about culpepper but people that have been a "member" here longer and have many posts do the same thing and it is ok EVERYONE is cranky about all this dc crap but really......calm down everyone this is meant to be FUN
    Oh, you the guy who calls a post "Pointless", but you have posted even more pointless threads....gee hard to figure you out.

You were already on the fence as far as I am concerned.

Look, if you guys have this big of a problem here...then leave. PM webby and voice your complaints...I do not care one bit.

Some of you only show you faces in times like this and like to egg others on and really push your beliefs on others. Well, when people push back you whine that you are not in a click and that people are ganging up on you...that is so weak.

You all know the rules and you know if you want to get pushy, people will push back.

Enjoy.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    Ive read the rules and for the most part a i agree with them. But basically what they say is the mods will decide what we talk about.
    Then your comprehension skills are limited. Please. Read without your poor-me glasses.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678