Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: i just dont know what to think....

You don't know what to think? It's easy, think that they know something we don't which is true. Let me put it this way, scouting players is their JOB, and to us it is only a HOBBY.

Also, Ryan Cook should start for us at RG, and with the way Daunte Culpepper was playing last year, Brad Johnson and a second round pick was a huge upgrade over him. His turnovers probably kept us out of the playoffs, and cost Mike Tice a job.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Whew. I'm relieved that the TOA didn't start this thread.
    LMAO!

Good one Prophet!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"stjmnsota" wrote:
    I think after Greenway and Griffin the Vikes blew the draft terribly. Wasted a pick on Jackson and a Character issue guy in Edwards? I hope he turns out. But doesn't fit the "NEW" Vikes.
    For all we know, those two guys could be the BUST and the guys after them might be the ones that make an impact in the future.

Who knows right now!

"mr.woo" wrote:
    i came into the draft full of lofty expectations partly because i was sold that the triangle of authority was gonna be bad a$$. they draft greenway and im ok prolly best way we coulda gone. then cedric griifin. i really like this pick and he will help imeditly at nickelback. after that its just a crapshoot. we get ryan cook in the 2nd round? RYAN COOK? projected 5th rounder? we gave up daunte for Ryan cook! then with whitehurts jacobs croyle all still on the board we pick Travaris jackson? again i am left to try to figure who this guy is by myself. sure he was a hot shot in college but that was div. 2. the next few picks arent bad but im still left feeling unfufilled because of squandering 2 good 2nd round picks. uggh
    Think "I am going to wait til I see these players play before I complain about them."

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    i came into the draft full of lofty expectations partly because i was sold that the triangle of authority was gonna be bad a$$. they draft greenway and im ok prolly best way we coulda gone. then cedric griifin. i really like this pick and he will help imeditly at nickelback. after that its just a crapshoot. we get ryan cook in the 2nd round? RYAN COOK? projected 5th rounder? we gave up daunte for Ryan cook! then with whitehurts jacobs croyle all still on the board we pick Travaris jackson? again i am left to try to figure who this guy is by myself. sure he was a hot shot in college but that was div. 2. the next few picks arent bad but im still left feeling unfufilled because of squandering 2 good 2nd round picks. uggh
    Think "I am going to wait til I see these players play before I complain about them."
    True, true, true. How are we all bashing Tarvaris Jackson when most of us haven't seen him play and we have no idea on where he would have went? Maybe the Texans were interested in making him their 1st pick of the 3rd round.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

What I think:
    1. This was Plan A. We wanted Cutler, but didn't plan on him falling to us. Thus, we made other preparations to get an LB early and a QB late. Childress went in wanting his guys and no one else. Cook, Griffin, and Jackson were among these guys. He was prepared not to get Clemens and prepared not to get Clemens. He also never planned on getting depth at RB or a WR, otherwise he would have kept the extra picks to fill those needs. Instead, Childress traded up, got his guys, and left the war room satisfied.

2. Plan B was if Cutler had fallen to us. We would have taken him, then traded up to get D'Qwell, DeMeco, or Boby Carpenter. After that we would have still taken Griffin and hoped Cook and Jackson were available later on.

My gut feeling is that Childress got 4 of the possible 6 guys he really wanted, which is really good. I am not happy with some of the reaches, but its better than drafting BPA throughout the draft.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12