Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

i just dont know what to think....

i came into the draft full of lofty expectations partly because i was sold that the triangle of authority was gonna be bad a$$. they draft greenway and im ok prolly best way we coulda gone. then cedric griifin. i really like this pick and he will help imeditly at nickelback. after that its just a crapshoot. we get ryan cook in the 2nd round? RYAN COOK? projected 5th rounder? we gave up daunte for Ryan cook! then with whitehurts jacobs croyle all still on the board we pick Travaris jackson? again i am left to try to figure who this guy is by myself. sure he was a hot shot in college but that was div. 2. the next few picks arent bad but im still left feeling unfufilled because of squandering 2 good 2nd round picks. uggh
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: i just dont know what to think....

"mr.woo" wrote:
    i came into the draft full of lofty expectations partly because i was sold that the triangle of authority was gonna be bad a$$. they draft greenway and im ok prolly best way we coulda gone. then cedric griifin. i really like this pick and he will help imeditly at nickelback. after that its just a crapshoot. we get ryan clark in the 2nd round? RYAN CLARK? projected 5th rounder? we gave up daunte for Ryan Clark! then with whitehurts jacobs croyle all still on the board we pick Travaris jackson? again i am left to try to figure who this guy is by myself. sure he was a hot shot in college but that was div. 2. the next few picks arent bad but im still left feeling unfufilled because of squandering 2 good 2nd round picks. uggh
    Uhhhh, it's Ryan COOK, not CLARK.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

so i messed up his name. crap
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Your not alone. Others feel the same way.

My line of thought is that these guys are the football guys that were hired to make decsions about who to take and when. I place my faith in them. Even first round picks (Tim Couch) are busts and maybe some of these guys, maybe not. We will just have to see.

These guys spend thousands of hours researching these players and combing game film; something none of us do.

Picks are not meant to push you over the top and win a Super Bowl. The are young and raw talent that need a little help. With the right personnel coaching these guys they can turn out to be good players.

LOL cmon don't be so mean, Cook looks alot like Clark!! LOL
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

C-Green is going to be a beast. So all the "he's the best we could have done" talk should be over, just wait till the first game of the year. Scratch that, wait till the first preseason game of the year. Cedric Griffin, I agree will step in as our DB. Ryan Cook=cory withrow IMO, I wish we could have gotten Abdul Hodge. Maybe he'll end up on the slack practice squad and we can sign him. As far as T-Jacks he might have some up side to him, from that video I saw on him he might be #2 on the depth chart
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I have been scratching my head a bit too, but they're the football gurus! I have trust in them and tell they prove otherwise.

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

I think after Greenway and Griffin the Vikes blew the draft terribly. Wasted a pick on Jackson and a Character issue guy in Edwards? I hope he turns out. But doesn't fit the "NEW" Vikes.

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

we expected too much, but all in all, SKOL vikes man we know what were doing

SharperImage42

Prophet Guest

Whew. I'm relieved that the TOA didn't start this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast