Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I-AA vs. DII

SIUviking is offline Starter

I-AA vs. DII

I am setting the record straight here. It has come to my attention that several people in the media and some on the board don't know the difference in college football IAA and DII.

Since we picked up Jackson at QB I thought I would let everyone know that IAA is a much higher level than DII. I have followed IA, IAA and DII for sometime, while good IAA teams can hang with mediocre IA teams, DII pale in comparison.

Jackson played better competition than people in the media say. Sorry just wanted to clarify.
    "If you want me to go out there and get you 4 yards, I ll get you 4 yards. If you want me to go out there and get 6 yards, I ll go out there and get you 4 yards" -LeRoy Hoard Former Viking

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: I-AA vs. DII

I go to Lorain County Community College, what are they?

mnwildfan79 is offline Rookie

Good point SIUviking, people really are ignorant as to the high level of play in 1-AA. Of course your probably understand that Jackson comes out of the SWAC which is a sub-standard 1-AA confence compared to the mighty Gateway, but that's another story.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

While I wouldn't say that DII pales in comparison to IAA, you are right in saying that the level of competition is higher in IAA. Good D2 teams can compete with some of the IAA teams. NDSU (the college in my town) recently moved from D2 to IAA and racked up an 8-3 record their first year and a 7-4 last year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"mnwildfan79" wrote:
    Good point SIUviking, people really are ignorant as to the high level of play in 1-AA. Of course your probably understand that Jackson comes out of the SWAC which is a sub-standard 1-AA confence compared to the mighty Gateway, but that's another story.
    LOL. I graduated from WIU, who owned the Gateway conference in my years there.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mnwildfan79 is offline Rookie

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    While I wouldn't say that DII pales in comparison to IAA, you are right in saying that the level of competition is higher in IAA. Good D2 teams can compete with some of the IAA teams. NDSU (the college in my town) recently moved from D2 to IAA and racked up an 8-3 record their first year and a 7-4 last year.
    I think NDSU was the exception that proves the rule, but I know what you are saying.

My cousin played at UNI a few years ago so I'm a bit familiar.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I remember the good old days with the Thundering Hurd and Rocky Hagar as the coach!

We dominated!!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"mnwildfan79" wrote:
    The SWAC is NOT a sub-standard conference...the amount of NFL players that have come out of that conference is way more than the amount that have come out of what you refer to as the "mighty Gateway". Just the HOF'ers alone probably outnumber all of the former Gateway players that have even SNIFFED the NFL!

Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, Doug Williams, Willie Lanier, Buck Buchanon, Ernie Ladd, Jake Reed, Sammy White, Willie Davis, James Harris, Gary Johnson, Charlie Joiner, Tank Younger, Albert Lewis, Frank Lewis, Everson Walls, Lem Barney, Kenny Houston, Mel Blount, Deacon Jones, Robert Brazine, Harold Jackson, Jackie Slater, Otis Taylor, Aeneas Williams...the list goes on and on!

F*** the Gateway!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Steve McNair also came from the SWAC conference where he played at Alcorn State along with Donald Driver.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I remember the good old days with the Thundering Hurd and Rocky Hagar as the coach!

We dominated!!!!
    I can't wait for there 5 year trial period for 1-AA is done so they can get back into the tournaments. Hagar was great I'm not crazy about Bohl.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast