Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: HUTCHINSON OFFER HAS MAJOR POISON PILL

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I am not too good with all of this legal "mumbo jumbo".

Are they saying that he will be given a poison pill in addtion to his contract?

Thats a but harsh.
    It means that part of the contract says that if hutch becomes anything but the highest paid player on the team, then he whole contract becomes guarenteed. And since Walter JOnes is getting paid more than Hutch, thye would guarentee the whole contract by matching ours.

I love Rb brzezinski :wav:

I have to agree, the smartest move Wilf made when deciding on a staff was keeping Rob Brzezinski with the Vikes. That guy is a salary cap genius, and knows how to get a deal done. Well he pretty much had to with cheap a s s McCombs as the owner... :grin:

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

Whoa this could backfire so if the Vikes say sign a new top player to a larger contract then Hutchinson's money is guaranteed for us too? God that could be a huge cap hit

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Interesting read. This is the part that I like

We're also told that the Seahawks are livid at Hutchinson and agent Tom Condon with this development. It's one thing, as they see it, for a guy to get the best offer he can on the open market. It's another thing to huddle with the new team in an effort to come up with an offer that the Seahawks can't or won't be able to match.

If this is the case, the Hawks may not want to match it and let Hutch become a Viking. This is very good news for us Vikings fans :grin:
    They make it sound like Hutch, planned and designed this hole thing with the Vikings. Who's to say the Vikings just plain didn't offer him this on their own, and he accepted it......

They must me soooooooooooooooo pissed to make a comment like that..

They would have to guarentee the WHOLE CONTRACT because Shaun is and would still be the highest paid player on the team..

If this is true, looks like we got ourselves one hell of a LG... :grin:

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

we did pretty good all these years considering we wernt spending close to all the money we had

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    We're also told that the Seahawks are livid at Hutchinson and agent Tom Condon with this development.

Of course they are... Holmgren is always livid when things don't go his way. (i.e. superbowl- blamed the refs...) Isn't the whole point of the transition tag to force teams interested insigning the player into making huge offers in order to secure him?
    LOL!!

I remember the InYour Own Words on Holmie, when his assistants from GB were all sitting around a table telling stories about Holmie..

Holmie does definitely get upset easily.

Gruden said he once went over to Favre to fake a tongue lashing, he just mouthed it so that Holmie would see it or Gruden was going to get a tongue lashing from Holmie.

LOL

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    Whoa this could backfire so if the Vikes say sign a new top player to a larger contract then Hutchinson's money is guaranteed for us too? God that could be a huge cap hit

Mike
    I don't see that happening, looks like all our big money positions are already almost filled. And even our first round draft pic won't get that kind of JING...

This tells me one thing for sure, Drew Brees isn't coming here for sure....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

rdknieff is offline Starter

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:

Mike
    I don't see that happening, looks like all our big money positions are already almost filled. And even our first round draft pic won't get that kind of JING...

This tells me one thing for sure, Drew Brees isn't coming here for sure....
    what positions would those be?
    a)we are soon to be looking for our new franchise quarterback
    b)sorry twill, krob, etc. but unless some of those guys step up at WR we'll be looking there too soon

and drew brees? no thanks, from what i've been reading he's gettin a little friggin cocky for having only one arm and 1 1/2 good seasons.
    ----------------------------------YESSSSS!--------------------------

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

We're also told that the Seahawks are livid at Hutchinson and agent Tom Condon with this development. It's one thing, as they see it, for a guy to get the best offer he can on the open market. It's another thing to huddle with the new team in an effort to come up with an offer that the Seahawks can't or won't be able to match.

If this is the case, the Hawks may not want to match it and let Hutch become a Viking. This is very good news for us Vikings fans :grin:
    They make it sound like Hutch, planned and designed this hole thing with the Vikings. Who's to say the Vikings just plain didn't offer him this on their own, and he accepted it......

They would have to guarentee the WHOLE CONTRACT because Shaun is and would still be the highest paid player on the team..

Walter JOnes contract is bigger too

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Apart from a 2006 cap number that exceeds $13 million, the offer sheet contains a provision that makes the entire deal guaranteed if Hutchinson at any point becomes anything other than the highest paid player on the team.
    WOW!

So he is going to be our highest paid player or we guarantee that he gets every penny of his contract.

Career ending injury, we still pay him, it still counts against our books??????

That is the Poison Pill.

The only difference I can tell right now, PURELY GUESS WORK, is that Alexander is the highest paid player on the Hawks, so that would make all the money in the contract Guaranteed to Hutch. ???????????

Help me out with this one......

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Yup, I don't see Seattle matching this offer.. I would think they would react rather quickly seeing as though if the lose Hutch, they have to look for someone to replace him, unless they have someone waiting to. That I don't know about... Looks good for us, hey Seattle :bum:

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast