Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: HUTCHINSON 06 CAP NUMBER EXCEEDS 13M (New Version-GOOD N

i hate the waiting game... if i were to put a percentage on the chances we end up with him in less than 6 days it would look something like this:

65% we get em.
    35% they match.

still i know this all in my head at this point but the 35% chance they match is what a guard in basketball shoots from the 3-point line. we might not get him.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: HUTCHINSON 06 CAP NUMBER EXCEEDS 13M (New Version-GOOD NEWS)

its more like 95% we get him, 5% they do..they cant legally restructure jones or alexander's deals..it would be too big of a risk for them to match and then try going to the league office with a complaint..so our chances are nearly perfect
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

i feel it is 65% because the seahawks can make it happen. they might suffer in other positions they need to sign but with that superb running game in tact, they might consider it worth it. hutch's agent is hella smart... he wins no matter who signs or matches. cha ching!

i would like to know what the people and newswriters in seatle are saying. maybe then i can make our chances a little better.

if seattle resignins him, that entire 13 million or more even counts against their cap..not just the 6 million or whatever was said before..the whole 13 mil would take up all of their cap space, leaving them no room for a receiver, CB, and safety
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Anyone got a idea of about how much cap money we have left after we sign hutch?

Guruzen is offline Starter

Seattle's kicking themselves for not franchising him... I think this sets a precedence for all teams to franchise players or risk losing them.

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    i feel it is 65% because the seahawks can make it happen. they might suffer in other positions they need to sign but with that superb running game in tact, they might consider it worth it. hutch's agent is hella smart... he wins no matter who signs or matches. cha ching!

i would like to know what the people and newswriters in seatle are saying. maybe then i can make our chances a little better.
    www.prosportsdaily.com should have some seattle news from their local papers and stuff..i know exactly what you mean by saying that they can make it happen..it would just completely destroy their chances of replacing the 3 important players they just lost

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"olson_10" wrote:
    if seattle resignins him, that entire 13 million or more even counts against their cap..not just the 6 million or whatever was said before..the whole 13 mil would take up all of their cap space, leaving them no room for a receiver, CB, and safety
    "Seattle has the salary-cap room to match the offer to Hutchinson if it chooses. The Seahawks are currently about $17 million below the salary cap, but that total doesn't include the more than $6 million currently allotted to Hutchinson as the transition player. If the Vikings' offer results in a cap hit of $10 million, Seattle would still have more than $13 million in salary-cap room if it matched the offer and retained Hutchinson."

Hutchinson gets $49 million offer from Vikings: Will Hawks match it?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"olson_10" wrote:
    17 mil plus the 6 they had in reserve for Hutch = 23 mil. Take away the 13 & they have 10 mil to sign draft pics a CB & a receiver. Both could come from the draft also.

They signed a safety before FA ever even started.

They also haven't signed anyone since FA started & have only shown intrest in one guy that I know of.

Are they saving it for Hutch? That's the question.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

eclipse_2303 is offline Starter

Doesnt matter, they would have to re-do Walter Jones' contract or else Hutchs contract becomes garaunteed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast