Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Hutch decision will be delayed

Let's be fair about this guys.

The league couldn't do anything about this until Seattle filed a grievance. Surely you don't expect the NFL to wade in on contract negotiations and say:

[size=24px]HALT! WE HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE A GRIEVANCE IS ABOUT TO BE COMMITTED![/SIZE]

Unless the case is brought to them, there was nothing they could do. All we can hope for is an expedited process now that an Arbitrator has been arranged.

Wow, I hope the vikings are aleast looking at this point. I hope this doesnt drag for an extended period of time. Who else is out there at this point.
    You republican whore!

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

I wanna keep him soo bad. He will make a HUGE addition to our team as a whole... and to our cap. But hey, it's all gravy.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=24px]Anybody know who this guy is??????[/size]

Well, you better learn to know him. He's the smartest guy the Vikes have on staff and he's never failed us!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet Guest

This was posted in another thread, but is pertinent here too. Does this mean the Seachickens are admitting defeat? I don't know.

KFFL
    Jets | Abraham headed to Seattle?
    Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:15:45 -0800

Adam Schefter, of NFL.com, reports there is speculation the New York Jets have traded DE John Abraham to the Seattle Seahawks for the 31st selection in the upcoming NFL Draft. The deal would be contingent on the Seahawks being able to sign him to a long-term deal.
    I agree Cojomay, one smart dude on our staff, Brzezinski. The master of the poison pill.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"Prophet" wrote:
    This was posted in another thread, but is pertinent here too. Does this mean the Seachickens are admitting defeat? I don't know.

KFFL
    Jets | Abraham headed to Seattle?
    Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:15:45 -0800

Adam Schefter, of NFL.com, reports there is speculation the New York Jets have traded DE John Abraham to the Seattle Seahawks for the 31st selection in the upcoming NFL Draft. The deal would be contingent on the Seahawks being able to sign him to a long-term deal.
    I agree Cojomay, one smart dude on our staff, Brzezinski. The master of the poison pill.
    With Seattle signing Abraham and the other signings they have made, I think that what it means is even if the pill is thrown out they are still going to let Hutch go. They are taking it to arbitration because the league doesn't want to give up more power to the players union in contract negotiations, so they are going to test this but either way they are going to let him go. If they don't they will have to restructure a lot of contracts to get under the cap. :smile:

WWBGD

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I know the league can't do something about it till it is brought before them. I was actually being sarcastic. Looking back at what I said I can see that I didn't sound sarcastic.

I guess Monday isn't that bad but I just want to know. The league should cater to my needs.

I hope you all know I'm joking there. I don't expect that. I don't want anyone to get on me because I said it.

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I hope this ends soon so we can move on and have a killer left side

Thanks PurpleMafia

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

Seattle is also looking at guys like julian peterson(high-priced)

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    SEATTLE (AP) --
    In 1993, the first year of unrestricted free agency in the NFL, the Indianapolis Colts signed Will Wolford, Buffalo's transition player, to an offer sheet that included a clause that guaranteed he be the team's highest-paid offensive player.

The Bills, who already had quarterback Jim Kelly as their highest-paid offensive player, argued the clause violated the CBA. An arbiter said it did not. The Bills declined to match the offer sheet, and Wolford signed with the Colts to become their highest-paid offensive player.

After that decision, the league and the union amended the CBA. It now states that no team attempting to match an offer sheet for one of its transition players can be required by an escalator clause similar to Wolford's to pay that player more than what the offering team would pay him.
    I do not see were that would be relevant to the contract we gave Hutchinson. Seattle would not have to pay more, it would just have to guarantee the remaining part of the contract. If Minnesota made someone else the highest paid O-lineman then we would have to guarantee the remaining part, they would not have to pay more.

The 1st arbitration ruled in principal that having such a clause was not a violation of the CBA, which gives Us a huge advantage. Because the change says that the matching club does have to pay more (specific).

I think that we win and Hutch will be a Vike!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast