Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Huh...Maybe I was right...

"Ltrey" wrote:
    Plummer is adequate, but he is notorious for making the big mistake at the wrong time.

If Plummer were to join an organization that is notorious for making the big mistake at the wrong time, time and space would probably eat itself.
    hahahahahahahahaha, nice point
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Garcia would be a MUCH better option...offer him a SHOT at the starting job.
    He would take it...given he won't unseat McCrab in Philly.
    If he gets the job, then TJack wasn't quite ready...if he doesn't, we have a much better backup than Brooks.
    Heck, if we are gonna sign former Eagles players, they may as well be GOOD ones!
    I'm not a huge Jeff Garcia fan.
    I love how, after many seasons of crap, he has 6 good games and people are ready to send him to Canton. Brian Westbrook is the reason why Philly had done so well.

I like the idea though, bring in a veteran guy to compete for the starting position.
    Either he wins the competition and is the best guy for the job or he loses the competition and can be a valuable mentor. I'd actually prefer Anthony Wright to Jeff Garcia but we need to bring in a veteran.

Anthony Wright?
    How many Pro Bowls has HE been to? He hasn't even started a FULL season for ANYONE!

At least Garcia has proven he can win...and he has been to THREE Pro Bowls....Anthony Wright has done NOTHING in the NFL to brag about!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

I wouldn't mind bringing in Plummer and let him battle it out with TJ. Only thing I've ever heard about Plummer is that he likes to scramble and is a bit of a guslinger. Couldn't be worse than BJ. Besides I'd much rather have a QB nicknamed JP than BJ.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

dr feelgood is offline Training Camp

TJack came from 1-AA, give him some more time.
    My season tickets cost too much not to have the best QB available starting.
    We need a mobile vet on the field. Lets go get one.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    I wouldn't mind bringing in Plummer and let him battle it out with TJ. Only thing I've ever heard about Plummer is that he likes to scramble and is a bit of a guslinger. Couldn't be worse than BJ. Besides I'd much rather have a QB nicknamed JP than BJ.
    What, don't you like BJs? ;D

Anyway, it won't matter if we have BJ, TJ, JP, or the M&M guys in at QB if we don't upgrade our WR pool.
    If there is no one to throw it to, then even the best QB in the world won't get us to the Super Bowl.

That being said, please don't bring Plummer here.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Childress has already said he is not bringing in a vet to challenge for the starting job that he is going to have Bollinger and T-Jack fight it out for the starting job in training camp.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ibleedpurple06 is offline Training Camp

I don't like that people are jumping on the garcia bandwaggon.... last year the vikes sucked it up and johnson led them to a 7-2 finish so we let him start.. and look how bad he did... garcia had a good finish with a team that has a lot of offensive weapons ie. westbrook(who is one of the most explosive backs in the NFL imo) LJ smith, stallworth, brown... if garcia came to the vikings it would be like his last couple years for the 9ers.. or detroit.. a mediocre older qb without any weapons on offense... id rather have the young qb like brooks or TJ dual it out.. then if they can make something happen without a lot of offensive weapons.. you know they will be good when the time comes we actually get offensive weapons.. weather that be through FA or the draft or trade or whatever it may be... thats just my opinion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123