Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: How Was The Vikings Draft

I'm not upset at all about are picks and I will give the draft a soild A Greenway is a great pick with him and Leber we have improved our LB crew. Griffin is the model for a cover 2 guy much better then any other CB for the system. Cook was a much better choice for right guard then fat Fonoti style Max Jean Gilles. As for Jackson Childress has made a choice that he is the best and will be worth more then two third rounders and I will sit back to see what his man can do. I also want to add that their is no such thing as reaching for anybody none of you that gripe about these players can prove that they would not be taken before we pick and if you think you do go get some help.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

On a positive note- I am hoping since Tice was a good drafter and a terrible coach, hopefully Childress sucks at Drafting and is an awesome coach!
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

We've had worst draft so far...

greenway- so-so on this pick, I wouldve taken Justice
    Griffin- I dont know but I wouldve taken Kellen Clemens
    cook- no comment -.-, I wouldve taken Richard Marshall
    tarvaris Jackson- who? I wouldve taken Dominique Byrd without moving up

We need to get max jean gilles in the fourth , that would be a huge steal right there

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

don't see why we traded up for jackson since he probably would've been there in the third round... but hey, whatever. i am a little disappointed but the offseason as a whole has been excellent.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

"FuadFan" wrote:
    I'm not upset at all about are picks and I will give the draft a soild A Greenway is a great pick with him and Leber we have improved our LB crew. Griffin is the model for a cover 2 guy much better then any other CB for the system. Cook was a much better choice for right guard then fat Fonoti style Max Jean Gilles. As for Jackson Childress has made a choice that he is the best and will be worth more then two third rounders and I will sit back to see what his man can do. I also want to add that their is no such thing as reaching for anybody none of you that gripe about these players can prove that they would not be taken before we pick and if you think you do go get some help.
    You sure are the positive one. Players I don't mind too much but how we got them....that's a different story. And also...why get Cook when there's more talented G/T on board??? Why TJack at all..LOL.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    don't see why we traded up for jackson since he probably would've been there in the third round... but hey, whatever. i am a little disappointed but the offseason as a whole has been excellent.
    The only team who did worst then us is the Bears. LMAO they went all defense when they needed offense!

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

faninphx is offline Starter

I think we will just have to rely on the expertise of the coaching staff on this one. I think the only people that have a problem are the people that watch ESPN incessantly to the point where they believe whatever the "experts" say is the gospel truth.
    I'm just glad we left the first day with a QB. I am uncomfortable leaving the season up to just Johnson and McMahon.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"PurpleManiac" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    You sure are the positive one. Players I don't mind too much but how we got them....that's a different story. And also...why get Cook when there's more talented G/T on board??? Why TJack at all..LOL.
    Who were the guys that were better just to get an opinion because I see more flaws in taking Gilles and McNeal for O-line then Cook.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

rofl no one was going to take cook in the first 4 rounds
    and gilles is a early 2nd late first type player

tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman

This staff has been hanging out with the whizzanator!!! They have to be on something to draft this poorly. Other than Greenway they were just horrible and I can't even begin to tell you how p*ssed I am. Our draft could have been

1. Greenway - Great pick he will be a good player for us.

2. Hodge ILB, Iowa - Sick motor who loves to hit, could be an impact player for us in the middle. You will know him next year when he smacks a few of our boys in a FUDGEPACKER UNIFORM.

2a. Croyle - Would have had a year or two to gain some muscle, the best qb after Lienhart. I know you guys don't like him but he has a great arm and is a great general in the huddle. Twenty pounds and two years to learn our system and we would have a great qb.

3. Cedric Griffin - He will be a good nickel for us and may be able to eventually replace smoot in a couple years. The problem with this pick is where we drafted him. We could have gotten him here and still drafted Hodge and Croyle.

3A. Ko Simpson - A free saftety that we need. We really have two SS in Sharper and Williams. Ko would be someone who may crack the starting lineup at some point next season.

We still may get him, he is still on the board but I am not sure he will be there long.

So in closing the TOA has greased up all Viking fans and let them have it in the posterior once again. New Coach and owner same old draft day results!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast