Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: How Was The Vikings Draft

Pathetic. I give it a big 'ol F.

First of all, Greenway is not going to make a significant impact like some of you might think. He'll be solid but don't expect DROY. I think we could have traded down and still gotten him. I'm not mad we picked him but I'm not jumping with joy either. It seems we took him because it was more of a needed position.

Griffin is a solid DB/S. A reach IMO....I don't think any team was going to pick him up. Put in the fact that there were major major talents left. Tsk tsk....

Ryan Cook. Who? I bet over 95% of the peopel on this board had never heard of this guy before until today. I think it was a pathetic pick. Pure stupidity. So what if Cook can play C/Tackle! Just because he's multi-positioned doesn't mean he's worth a damn 2nd rounder! G'mawfrickn A....what's worst is that we could have offerend our 17 and this pick to get Cutler.

Travaris Jackson. umm...no. This guy will not even touch the football this year. What a waste....the saddiest part is that next year we'll probably draft a QB (probably #1 overall). Actually the saddiest part is that we gave up 2 shiny 3rd rounder for him. AAaugghhh...............

I don't care...even if we do great the second day I'm still giving us an F. We should be bigtime winners the first day...C'MON we had 5 picks!!!!!!!!!! We messed up badly and I blame it on the "Triangle of Power". Pafrickinthetic.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

we picked up two guys, (cook & jackson) in the second round that we may have been able to pick up on monday without wasting three draft picks on them. it is quite possible these guys would have been skipped by everyone else in the draft. i love our team, but i am really thinking twice about the staff right now.maybe i will wake up in the morning and it will all be just a bad dream.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

My beef with the first day picks has nothing to do with the players we selected, its the fact that Cook and "The QB" could have been taken on th esecond day! We could have traded up for Lendale White or Chad Jackson for what we traded to get Jackson! These guys suck and need to get there head out of there buts. Froley needs to be fired. Do you think with all the controversey surrounding him he was goig to be fired so he abotaged the draft. I guess thats just crazy talk. At least Tice Wouldn't have let all this crap happen. Pack had a good draft, that sucks. Way to go Denny, best draft so far.
    6949da5ce3db19514b6088f4f00ffabd

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I'm disappointed with us reaching for projects on day 1 picks. Our past drafts have been successful because we've drafted on productivity, as opposed to potential. Some kid has a good Senior Bowl, or a good workout at the combine, and he passes up someone that out-produced him over their entire college career.

As it turns out we had a first rounder and THREE second rounders. We should have had 4 of the top 64 players coming out. According to Scout.com we got only 2 of the top 100! The TOA is either really smart, or really stupid. I'm thinking the latter, but that's JMO.

I wonder if the TOA stuck true to their draft board? At least I assume they had a draft board. For some reason I think that Foley had the final say on the picks, and I doubt Studwell had too much to do with the players taken where they were. Again, JMO.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

I don't get paid a dime to draft, but the Vikings had 3 picks in the 2nd round, and I think they could have done more with them.
    Basically, we have to pay these guys 2nd round cash, instead of 3rd round $, (where we probably could have picked them).
    Grade- D+, only because they did get another second round pick, even though they screwed it up.
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

It would be interesting to compare Vince Yong's Wonderlic score to our scouts'. I bet they don't differ much at all.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

On a basis of individual picks the only problem I have is Cook. Greenway will start, Griffin is a grreat fit in the cover 2 as a nickel back, and Jackson is a project with a huge upside that can be great if he is groomed correctly.

In terms of overall strategy however, it was horrible. We could have had the exact same needs filled without trading at all. Maybe even the exact same players.

Overall, I think all of our main needs were filled, so I am happy.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Its a decent draft so far. Id say a B- for a grade. I love the Greenway and Griffin picks but i absolutly hated taking cook in the 2nd round, way way to early and the only way i would like that choice is if he moves to RT and he does well there. With Tavaris Jackson i like him and all i just would have rather waited and not traded both 3rd rounders. We could have still probably gotten Jackson otherwise we could have gotten Croyle or Jacobs.I really hope we find a few gems tommorrow. :sad:

"V-Unit" wrote:
    On a basis of individual picks the only problem I have is Cook. Greenway will start, Griffin is a grreat fit in the cover 2 as a nickel back, and Jackson is a project with a huge upside that can be great if he is groomed correctly.

In terms of overall strategy however, it was horrible. We could have had the exact same needs filled without trading at all. Maybe even the exact same players.

Overall, I think all of our main needs were filled, so I am happy.

You said it. But I beg to differ on our needs. We need QB/LB/CB/S/G

We filled LB with Greenway. CB/S I guess Griffin counts for both. Cook is not a G. They are saying he's between a C/Tackle.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

And tomorrow? We pick Bernstein with our next pick.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast