Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

How Was The Vikings Draft

Grade the first day of the draft. I personally am not a fan of any of them except Greenway and Griffin. Then we pick 2 guys who were projected to go into the 5 and 6th rounds it can't get any worse. The worse draft we have had in 10 years atleast. I mean it doesn't make sense all we would've had to do was trade our first and 3rd round picks to go to #11 to snag cutler. Instead we trade 2 of our 3rd round picks to get a guy Tavaris Jackson who is mediocre compared to any of the QBs left. What were these people thinking or smoking I might ask.

Formerly Viking24

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: How Was The Vikings Draft

Yeah it was a horrible decision. I would have rather taken Whitehurst or Jacobs.

I think it isn't THAT bad - especially if you consider only three rounds have gone by. Two of those picks are legit guys that should help us defensively and two are offensive "reach" players that the staff obviously liked a lot more than the draft experts and other teams did.

We shall see if this staff really did their homework and knows what they are doing or if they really blew a golden opportunity to improve the team and dropped the ball.

I sure hope this is a case where our coaching staff and braintrust are smarter than the rest of the league....that is what we need to get to the Super Bowl.
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

Jimson Weed

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

i was fine with greenway and griffin, but i would have liked much better to move up to # 10 or 11 to get leinart or cutler. the 3rd and 4th picks were about as bad as can be. they picked guys who were prediced to go in the 5th and 6th round, when they instead have gotten guys that could actually make an impact next year, and still mabye even get these guys in the 5th and 6th round. very poorly done so far i grade it a D+

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

We could have taken Marcus McNeill with the 48th pick...and STILL had Griffin...no way the Jets were taking anyone but a QB...and the Chargers had already taken Cromartie to pair with Jammer...so we basically got a project instead of a guy that most likely could have stepped in at RT immediately (with Marcus Johnson moving to RG).

DUMB MOVE BY THE VIKINGS!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

vIker44 is offline Rookie

I went ahead and voted a great draft..... I love our first three picks Greenway, Griffin, and Cook.... stellar picks and major kudos to the Vikings scouting staff and Childress..... Everyone knows I wanted Omar, but I'll trust Childress sees something in Tavaris similar to that of Donovan McNabb..... the more I read about Tavaris the more I like him..... true he is a project, but which QB other than Leinhart isn't??? Great draft..... next on to mini-camps and pre-season......................
    it's tarv time............

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

First two picks were good, looks like we got Cook for Pep, and lost Burleson to move up 19 spots to get Tavaris who could of been there if we waited. IMO the Vikings should stop trading as the always end up on the shorter end of the value scale. We did get all are picks in on time :roll:

Wonder if the 2 3rd rounders were given up for the last pick in the 2nd so the staff could run and get to a dinner reservation.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"vIker44" wrote:
    I went ahead and voted a great draft..... I love our first three picks Greenway, Griffin, and Cook.... stellar picks and major kudos to the Vikings scouting staff and Childress..... Everyone knows I wanted Omar, but I'll trust Childress sees something in Tavaris similar to that of Donovan McNabb..... the more I read about Tavaris the more I like him..... true he is a project, but which QB other than Leinhart isn't??? Great draft..... next on to mini-camps and pre-season......................
    Ughhh....In your sig, you spelled your guys name wrong....

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

It ain't great. Not with two projects in the 2 round which cost an additional 3. I like the players; however, just not how we got em. I LOVE Greenway and Griffin. Those two will make our D scary. I think Griffin will be playing more safety, than CB, and be used to cheat as a LB in the Cover 2. I think he will be our Assasin, and glad I am to have him. I believe in both Cook and Tavaris, but more in Cook. We needed the depth on the OL, and he seems to be a motor guy, much like the New England system of player procurement. Tavaris? I have to trust management on that one. I have to assume he donkey licked the Wunderlic, to have been so important for the TOA. I want a smart QB, and have been thinking that the TOA wanted one as well, so Tavaris must have the brains to learn. I am surely hoping so, or three years from now, Tice will be the genius replaced by a pretender!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast