Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: How Tom Brady Can Make the Vikings Season One to Remember

They fill the need for Quarterback and focus on getting another top notch wide receiver and a true number one right tackle.
    Hmmm no Center. Looks like another supporter Marrdro.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I really don't know what to think about Cassel. I don't think he would be able to excel with our WRs. We would need to get him someone like Chad Ocho Cinco or TJ and some blocking help at RT.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"marstc09" wrote:
    I really don't know what to think about Cassel. I don't think he would be able to excel with our WRs. We would need to get him someone like Chad Ocho Cinco or TJ and some blocking help at RT.
    I dont agree with that.

Randy Moss didnt have that great of year with Cassel, sure some games they clicked but the majority they didnt.
    Players like Gaffney were more involved right away when Cassel came in for Brady.
    Gaffney was catching some balls right away from Cassel and it took time for Cassel to adjust to Moss and Welker, so I believe Cassel could come in here and play just fine with our recievers.

Cassel seems to be a smart quarterback and he has learned how to pass the ball to a wide range of recieving styles in one season of being a starter.
    Wish i could say that for Jackson.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

I know it sounds horrible, but maybe Tom isn't this God everyone thinks he is.
    Personally, I feel that what makes the great QBs so good is that most of them are developed under one system, one team.
    Montana, Manning, Unitas, Brady, Marino.... the list goes on....they all had their great years with one team.
    Sure some guys like Randall Cunningham played well for other teams, but great QBs tend to play for one team.
    Is that because they are good and teams dont let them go, or maybe they are great for that system.
    Just saying, I dont know if bringing Brady over here instantly solves our problems.
    New systems take some time to adjust too anyway.
    Is it worth it to give him a shot at a king's ransom, i dont know.
    I have really mixed feeling about this, and I just dont think giving up the barn for him is worth it.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    That can be said for any QB thats going to lead this offense, inculding TJack. He needs those same weapons, better pass protection and a more consistent #2.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    Personally, I feel that what makes the great QBs so good is that most of them are developed under one system, one team.
    Montana, Manning, Unitas, Brady, Marino.... the list goes on....they all had their great years with one team.
    Sure some guys like Randall Cunningham played well for other teams, but great QBs tend to play for one team.
    Is that because they are good and teams dont let them go, or maybe they are great for that system.
    Just saying, I dont know if bringing Brady over here instantly solves our problems.

I have really mixed feeling about this, and I just dont think giving up the barn for him is worth it.
    I actually feel the same way.
    Before Cassell was Brady.
    Before Brady was Bledsoe.
    They all flourished under Belichick's system.
    I honestly think it is more the system than the QB.
    Although I think that they have to be at least above average in order to take advantage of the system.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

thorshammer is online now Asst. Coach

This actually makes sense to me ...... CT has one year left on his contract, a second round pick and CT for Matt Cassel. I love CT and would like to keep him here but he will command decent money in free agency so why not package him and a 2'nd to get a QB now. Then get a decent #2 reciever and upgrade RT and we could be off to the races ...........

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

"PackSux!" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I dont agree with that.

Randy Moss didnt have that great of year with Cassel, sure some games they clicked but the majority they didnt.
    Players like Gaffney were more involved right away when Cassel came in for Brady.

Gaffney was catching some balls right away from Cassel and it took time for Cassel to adjust to Moss and Welker, so I believe Cassel could come in here and play just fine with our recievers.

Cassel seems to be a smart quarterback and he has learned how to pass the ball to a wide range of recieving styles in one season of being a starter.
    Cassel can't hit the deep ball.
    He missed a wide open Randy Moss at least 7 times!
    If he can't hit a wide open Randy Moss deep then I doubt he can hit a wide open Bernard Berrian.
    The teams would continue to stack the box and Cassel would be unable to stretch the field.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:

Nobody is talking about bringing Brady here, but about bringing in Cassel, the reason the article/thread is titled what it is, is because if Tom Brady is ready to go for next season, New England may see Cassel as more expendable.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"Yfz01" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I dont agree with that.

Cassel can't hit the deep ball.
    He missed a wide open Randy Moss at least 7 times!
    If he can't hit a wide open Randy Moss deep then I doubt he can hit a wide open Bernard Berrian.
    The teams would continue to stack the box and Cassel would be unable to stretch the field.
    I dont agree with that either.
    The reason is because i had Moss for Fantasy and he didnt do much in the beginning but after Cassel found his timing with Moss he started to produce.
    Its all about timing between the qbs and recievers.

And 7 times is nothing for the amount of times they tried to go deep.
    That is actually pretty good that they only missed 7 times.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast