Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

How Tom Brady Can Make the Vikings Season One to Remember

[size=13pt]How Tom Brady Can Make the Minnesota Vikings Season One to Remember[/size]

by Tanner Thoms (Scribe)
    bleacherreport.com
    January 28, 2009

Your eyes are not playing tricks on you. Tom Brady, can help the Minnesota Vikings win a Super Bowl title....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: How Tom Brady Can Make the Vikings Season One to Remember

Have to be honest, I was a little unsure about Cassel at forst from from what I have been reading and the more I hear about him I would love to see him on this team, and think he would be by far the best of the bunch out there from the know FA QB's out there.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

How about we trade for Tom Brady instead of Matt Cassel
    ;D

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Garland" wrote:
    Have to be honest, I was a little unsure about Cassel at forst from from what I have been reading and the more I hear about him I would love to see him on this team, and think he would be by far the best of the bunch out there from the know FA QB's out there.
    thats like being the shinyest turd in the bowl.
    I don't like Cassel here, because in NE, with 2 pro bowl recievers, and a great line, he just had an alright season.
    Nothing that turned heads.
    If Cassell were a regular starter, and not a backup, nobody would think twice about it.
    I have a hard time believing that he'll be able to duplicate the success he had in NE here, because our recievers aren't as good, and our line definetally isn't as good.
    he'd be an upgrade probably, but he's not the missing link to our team.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Though I'd like to see Cassel here, to be honest, he's my favorite option of all other quaterbacks, it's a risky call, and like i_bleed_purple said, he had to great receivers and a fantastic offensive line.
    If we were to upgrade our line in FA though, like at RT, maybe sign another guy to play #2 receiver, Cassel could play pretty well here, especially with the support of a strong running game- stronger than the one he has in NE.

I like Cassel more than any of the other options, mainly because he's a young guy, I'm not one for signing anyone past their prime.
    To be honest, I don't really have something outstanding to point out about him, a lot of it's gut feeling, but that doesn't mean crap.
    :P

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

"Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    and like i_bleed_purple said, he had to great receivers and a fantastic offensive line.
    Yeah, it's scary to think he lead the league in sacks with that offensive line and passing game. He'd literally be looking at 60+ sacks here.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I agree with Garland here, Matt Cassell is about as comfortable as I get with any of the FA's on the market. The biggest problem is Matt Cassell is a very good QB, so the Patriots are definitly not going to allow him to hit the market free and clear. There smarter than to allow him to get away with nothing in hand, if someone wants to trade for him they will consider it but I think all likelyhood is he remains a Patriot for at least this next season.

There is alot of talk about Cassell only being good because of the players around him, the system and the coaching. I can agree with this to an extent, but watch the film, see what the kid does and give him his due. There is a reason that Cassell went to USC, there is a reason he was drafted by the best coach and franchise in the league. Cassell is a good QB, a starting level QB in this league.

The biggest problem I have with this guys article is when he says we have a good oline. We have an overated Oline who do well in the run game but do not exell in pass protection. I think this is going to be heavily adressed throughout the offseason in order to give whoever our QB is a better chance to make plays and stay healthy.

If the Vikings were to bring in Cassell he's likely the most capable of really competing with Tarvaris, other than him the options drop drasticly. A trade is the best bet to move foward with someone other than TJack but like the Patriots, other teams will not part with starting caliber QB's without solid compensation and many like the Seahawks and Rams are more likely to keep there players. I still doubt wether we are able to get a QB in here to really push Tarvaris for the starting position.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Tad7" wrote:
    "Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    and like i_bleed_purple said, he had to great receivers and a fantastic offensive line.
    Yeah, it's scary to think he lead the league in sacks with that offensive line and passing game. He'd literally be looking at 60+ sacks here.
    The Patriots Oline didn't perform nearly as well as they did the year before, after the Giants destroyed them in the SB teams had there number for awhile. They wern't always great but I think they got better as the season rolled along, as well as Matt Cassell getting comfortable in the system.

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    Though I'd like to see Cassel here, to be honest, he's my favorite option of all other quaterbacks, it's a risky call, and like i_bleed_purple said, he had to great receivers and a fantastic offensive line.
    If we were to upgrade our line in FA though, like at RT, maybe sign another guy to play #2 receiver, Cassel could play pretty well here, especially with the support of a strong running game- stronger than the one he has in NE.

I like Cassel more than any of the other options, mainly because he's a young guy, I'm not one for signing anyone past their prime.
    To be honest, I don't really have something outstanding to point out about him, a lot of it's gut feeling, but that doesn't mean crap.
    a lot of times my gut feelings mean crap .... but maybe that's only after a hearty Taco Johns meal.
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    How about we trade for Tom Brady instead of Matt Cassel
    ;D

Italian you have my vote for best post of the year!

I would love to see Tom Brady on the Vikings
    -
    Maybe Belichick will think that he can do it with Cassell and prove that it wasn't just because of Brady that they won 3 Superbowls
    (big ego)

The Pat's would save millions and get a pooh pile full of picks (which is what they would get).

What would it take to get Brady away from the Pat's?

1st, 2nd and 3rd this year

1st and 3rd next year

?

We have the cap room!

I would do it, even at that many draft picks!

Would you do the trade if it took Brady another year to get back to his previous level.?

Me:

Yes!
    ;D

If he wasn't 100% this year he would still be the best Viking QB we have seen in many a year!

Would it be Hershell Walker trade II ?

Italian I know you were joking, but I am not!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast