Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    How did the Vikings solve the Jared Allen puzzle?

    [size=13pt]How did the Vikings solve the Jared Allen puzzle?[/size]

    By Sean Jensen
    [email protected]

    twincities.com

    Article Last Updated: 04/25/2008 12:35:40 AM CDT



    Vikings vice presidents Rob Brzezinski and Rick Spielman tempered their expectations when the possibility of landing an all-pro defensive end in his prime cropped up in early March........

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: How did the Vikings solve the Jared Allen puzzle?

    Interesting read.

    Not that it's a surprise, here's a look into the workings behind the scenes:

    Vikings vice presidents Rob Brzezinski and Rick Spielman tempered their expectations when the possibility of landing an all-pro defensive end in his prime cropped up in early March...
    ...Childress gives Spielman the green light...
    Summarizing the obvious when it comes to how things play out in the offseason acquisitions.


    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #3
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: How did the Vikings solve the Jared Allen puzzle?

    "Prophet" wrote:

    ...Childress gives Spielman the green light...
    Marr has some 'splaining to do.

    :P

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #4
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: How did the Vikings solve the Jared Allen puzzle?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

    ...Childress gives Spielman the green light...
    Marr has some 'splaining to do.

    :P
    I don't think so... remember, the coach has to identify the needs of the team.
    If the coach believes he needs WR, QB, DE, DT, and OT and the FO goes we can get a stud DE but it'll cost so much we can't address any other need, the coach is going to have to sign up to that.
    Due to the salary cap restrictions, teams can only sign so much talent.
    Obviously the coach needs to have a say in which positions are addressed and whether the team goes with 1 or 2 studs, 4 or 5 A players, or 10 B level players to fill holes on the team.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  5. #5
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: How did the Vikings solve the Jared Allen puzzle?

    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

    ...Childress gives Spielman the green light...
    Marr has some 'splaining to do.

    :P
    I don't think so... remember, the coach has to identify the needs of the team.
    If the coach believes he needs WR, QB, DE, DT, and OT and the FO goes we can get a stud DE but it'll cost so much we can't address any other need, the coach is going to have to sign up to that.
    Due to the salary cap restrictions, teams can only sign so much talent.
    Obviously the coach needs to have a say in which positions are addressed and whether the team goes with 1 or 2 studs, 4 or 5 A players, or 10 B level players to fill holes on the team.
    Dammit P&G, you ruined it for me. I wanted to get Marrdro all worked up.

    Perhaps you missed the "
    :P "

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #6
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: How did the Vikings solve the Jared Allen puzzle?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

    ...Childress gives Spielman the green light...
    Marr has some 'splaining to do.

    :P
    I don't think so... remember, the coach has to identify the needs of the team.
    If the coach believes he needs WR, QB, DE, DT, and OT and the FO goes we can get a stud DE but it'll cost so much we can't address any other need, the coach is going to have to sign up to that.
    Due to the salary cap restrictions, teams can only sign so much talent.
    Obviously the coach needs to have a say in which positions are addressed and whether the team goes with 1 or 2 studs, 4 or 5 A players, or 10 B level players to fill holes on the team.
    Dammit P&G, you ruined it for me. I wanted to get Marrdro all worked up.

    Perhaps you missed the "
    :P "
    Damn it.
    I was hoping for the 'old marr' to surface.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #7
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: How did the Vikings solve the Jared Allen puzzle?

    Very good read


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  8. #8
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: How did the Vikings solve the Jared Allen puzzle?

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

    ...Childress gives Spielman the green light...
    Marr has some 'splaining to do.

    :P
    I don't think so... remember, the coach has to identify the needs of the team.
    If the coach believes he needs WR, QB, DE, DT, and OT and the FO goes we can get a stud DE but it'll cost so much we can't address any other need, the coach is going to have to sign up to that.
    Due to the salary cap restrictions, teams can only sign so much talent.
    Obviously the coach needs to have a say in which positions are addressed and whether the team goes with 1 or 2 studs, 4 or 5 A players, or 10 B level players to fill holes on the team.
    Dammit P&G, you ruined it for me. I wanted to get Marrdro all worked up.

    Perhaps you missed the "
    :P "
    Damn it.
    I was hoping for the 'old marr' to surface.
    Yep! Me too. That was the intent.


    As draft day approaches, he's gotta be close to the edge. This was my last shot before leaving for Minneapolis this morning.

    Actually, I was hoping more for the Old Marrdro & the New Marrdro to show up in the same thread.

    Kind of reminiscent of "The Thing With Two Heads"
    starring Rosey Grier & Ray Milland....




    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #9
    Jimmymeboy's Avatar
    Jimmymeboy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    196

    Re: How did the Vikings solve the Jared Allen puzzle?

    "Playing next to Pat (Williams) and Kevin (Williams) sounded phenomenal to him," Harris says.
    Would it be out of the realm to envision Allen setting a new NFL record for sacks?
    Injuries aside, I'm hoping to see 50 or more sacks for the team.
    Does anyone know how many times the Vikings have gone over 50?

  10. #10
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: How did the Vikings solve the Jared Allen puzzle?

    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    "Playing next to Pat (Williams) and Kevin (Williams) sounded phenomenal to him," Harris says.
    Would it be out of the realm to envision Allen setting a new NFL record for sacks?
    Injuries aside, I'm hoping to see 50 or more sacks for the team.
    Does anyone know how many times the Vikings have gone over 50?
    The problem is that those types of records weren't kept accurately until fairly recently.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jared Allen helping soliders and Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 08:20 PM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 07:34 AM
  3. Minnesota Vikings' Jared Allen inspired...
    By erik5032 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 07:22 PM
  4. Vikings won over by talents of 'changed' Jared Allen
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 07:35 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 07:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •