Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: How About Hovan?

"olson_10" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    Well, he led the Bucs D Line in solo tackles last year, but I don't believe he had any sacks. Anyone care to comment on whether or not he'll shine down south as a nose tackle?
    no..he stinks, everybody plays well when they have something to prove..he will go back to his complete garbage next season, and he had very few sacks so he really didnt do anything this year
    I don't know if leading the line in solo tackles is such a big deal... especially if the O was running straight at him all season to test him. But not having any sacks... is that normal for a nose tackle?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    Well, he led the Bucs D Line in solo tackles last year, but I don't believe he had any sacks. Anyone care to comment on whether or not he'll shine down south as a nose tackle?
    no..he stinks, everybody plays well when they have something to prove..he will go back to his complete garbage next season, and he had very few sacks so he really didnt do anything this year
    Yes, God knows that a nose tackle's ability is measured by sacks.
    Really? Are you being sarcastic or serious. I'm not trying to bust your chops as I really don't know how to compare interior line performance to the DEs
    Edmund Burke

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

So are we now allowed to sign players that are under contracts with other teams? If so, I think we should go after LaDainian Tomlinson, Antonio Gates, Tom Brady, Steve Smith, Derrick Burgess, Dwight Freeney, and I think I we should consider making a run for Champ Bailey.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    is he really playing nosetackle? he seems to small to be the nose tackle. I think McFarland is the nose tackle and Hovan is the undertackle.

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    "DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    Yes, God knows that a nose tackle's ability is measured by sacks.
    Really? Are you being sarcastic or serious. I'm not trying to bust your chops as I really don't know how to compare interior line performance to the DEs
    Sarcasm. Casey Hampton and Jamal Williams both play nose in a 3-4 front. If you look at their numbers, you'd be quite suprised they were in the pro bowl. Nose tackles job is normall to clog their assigned gaps, which is usually two gaps versus one gap(like a John Randle typle player would have)

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

"KJ" wrote:
    So are we now allowed to sign players that are under contracts with other teams? If so, I think we should go after LaDainian Tomlinson, Antonio Gates, Tom Brady, Steve Smith, Derrick Burgess, Dwight Freeney, and I think I we should consider making a run for Champ Bailey.
    ??????? ummmmm no

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    is he really playing nosetackle? he seems to small to be the nose tackle. I think McFarland is the nose tackle and Hovan is the undertackle.
    Hovan is the nose, but they play a four man front, which doesn't require as much meat up front, plus they run the tampa two, so they prefer quick lineman

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"vikeswin2005" wrote:
    "KJ" wrote:
    ??????? ummmmm no
    ??????? ummmmm sarcasm?

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    I checked his stats page on the Sucs website and the articles identifed him as a NT.
    Edmund Burke

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    I checked his stats page on the Sucs website and the articles identifed him as a NT.
    thats pretty crazy, hovan is definantly not your prototypical nose tackle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast