Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Horn wants out?

Why not? It would only take a late round draft pick. We would get a pretty classy guy in the community, a solid receiver.. Pick up Stallworth, curtis, or Bennett in FA and draft a receiver to replace horn when he retires.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    http://vikings.scout.com/2/612568.html

This should get Cajun excited. I would love to have him in Minnesota.
    You DAMNED right I'm excited...he INSTANTLY upgrades our offense...and gives us a LEGIT #1 WR...with good character.
    There are NO legit #1s on the market this offseason...so we should go for it!
    Add Drew Bennett as a legit #2 and let TWill fill in the slot and we are on our way.
    Then we can use our #1 pick for the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE...either Jamaal Anderson or Adrian Peterson!
    Offense gets instantly better....defense could get better too if we take Anderson!
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Something tells me Anderson will be a bust, nothing official, just a feeling. The same feeling that tells me T-Will is gonna be solid this year-not a star-but solid. Unfortunately, people will take that to mean that Anderson will most definitely not be a bust.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    Something tells me Anderson will be a bust, nothing official, just a feeling. The same feeling that tells me T-Will is gonna be solid this year-not a star-but solid. Unfortunately, people will take that to mean that Anderson will most definitely not be a bust.
    I am leery about Anderson too...but he is definitely a specimen...and he doesn't seem to have a bad history. I would prefer to take one of the SUREFIRE PROS at our spot if they are still there...Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson, Gaines Adams, Alan Hall...who I think will all be solid, need be damned!!!

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I say we should get Horn's former team mate Daunte Stallworth. And if we get Horn too we could have a little NO reunion. Then in the perfect world A.Peterson falls to us and T.jack all of a sudden looks like a decent QB.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    Ofcourse having Horn would be a lot better then what we have now.
    He has good hands, runs good routes, and can be a good teacher for other players.
    I think Horn has the right attitude, he has just been in N.O. too much.
    He has seen coaches, QB's, and fans come and go.
    Maybe he is just tired of the entire team and just needs a change.
    It's not how he is but some people just need change sometimes. I have given up on T-Will.
    I would like to see a Joe Horn and CJ combination.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    I say we should get Horn's former team mate Daunte Stallworth. And if we get Horn too we could have a little NO reunion. Then in the perfect world A.Peterson falls to us and T.jack all of a sudden looks like a decent QB.
    Stallworth is a head case...I would rather have Drew Bennett as the #2 WR.
    AP would be awesome...he's CAN'T MISS.
    And with Horn and Bennett, TJack would look 100% better next season.
    ;D

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"cajunvike" wrote:

You DAMNED right I'm excited...he INSTANTLY upgrades our offense...and gives us a LEGIT #1 WR...with good character.
    Add Drew Bennett as a legit #2 and let TWill fill in the slot and we are on our way.
    Then we can use our #1 pick for the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE...either Jamaal Anderson or Adrian Peterson!
    Offense gets instantly better....defense could get better too if we take Anderson!
    ;D
    I don't believe he is a legit #1 if he can't stay on the field or even play in the postseason when his team needed him he is no different then Marcus Robinson he would not of any use to us.

I am leery about Anderson too...but he is definitely a specimen...and he doesn't seem to have a bad history. I would prefer to take one of the SUREFIRE PROS at our spot if they are still there...Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson, Gaines Adams, Alan Hall...who I think will all be solid, need be damned!!!
    I would agree with having no problem with these guys Cajun but do you mean Leon Hall the Michigan CB or Alan Branch the Michigan DT?
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

;D
    I don't believe he is a legit #1 if he can't stay on the field or even play in the postseason when his team needed him he is no different then Marcus Robinson he would not of any use to us.

I would agree with having no problem with these guys Cajun but do you mean Leon Hall the Michigan CB or Alan Branch the Michigan DT?
    I meant Branch (my bad...good catch)

As for Horn, up until the last two seasons, he was relatively healthy...and there are no lingering injuries for him to worry about...he should be just fine next season!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/HornJo00.htm

WichitaKSViking is offline Waterboy

Horn would be a perfict fit....Still got some game and brings that veteren presence and knowlege to help out our young guys and and rookie we bring in...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast