Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Horn wants out?

http://vikings.scout.com/2/612568.html

This should get Cajun excited. I would love to have him in Minnesota.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Horn wants out?

I like Horn, class act.
    He's having a deal down in Jackson this weekend and I'm thinking about dropping by there.
    Maybe I can slide him a few happy meal coupons and an autographed Zygi pez dispenser so he will think about going to the headwaters of the Mississippi to play some ball.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    I like Horn, class act.
    He's having a deal down in Jackson this weekend and I'm thinking about dropping by there.
    Maybe I can slide him a few happy meal coupons and an autographed Zygi pez dispenser so he will think about going to the headwaters of the Mississippi to play some ball.
    Yeah - that phone in the goal post pad bit was really classy.

I respect what Joe Horn has done in the past year for the people of NO - clearly, he was affected by what happened and put himself forward to help.

But he's still an NFL WR, so he's still an egotistical diva.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I like Horn, class act.

I respect what Joe Horn has done in the past year for the people of NO - clearly, he was affected by what happened and put himself forward to help.

=Z=
    Wrong.
    I've followed his career and he has done a lot of great things for the community.
    He went far beyond the call of duty after Katrina and helped complete strangers get setup in other parts of the country.
    He has done some stupid things as a WR, but he goes out and gets the job done.
    There is no way I would put him in the same class as the WR divas around the league.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I like Horn, class act.

=Z=
    Wrong.
    I've followed his career and he has done a lot of great things for the community.
    He went far beyond the call of duty after Katrina and helped complete strangers get setup in other parts of the country.
    There is no way I would put him in the same class as the WR divas around the league.
    Wrong?
    Wrong?
    Just like that?
    I'm wrong?

I have also followed Joe Horn's career.
    And he is a Diva, like all #1 WRs.
    That's got nothing to do with what he does off-the-field.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

Acquiring Joe Horn would be a great start to working on the receving core that does indeed need work. Put him in as a number one receiver and put other average receivers around him and we'd be good to good in my opinion.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I like Horn, class act.

=Z=
    Wrong.
    Wrong?
    Wrong?
    Just like that?
    I'm wrong?

I have also followed Joe Horn's career.
    And he is a Diva, like all #1 WRs.
    That's got nothing to do with what he does off-the-field.

=Z=
    Yes.
    Wrong.
    This guy plays the game without whining.
    Gets the job done.
    There's no way he's in the upper echelons of prima donna WRs in the league.
    His efforts off the field show his character, it's just not some plug for covering up all his other antics like some of the other WR clowns in the league.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Joe Horn's injury bug is what worries me more then anything.. I would hate to have another WR here that is either hurt all the time, or drops all the passes in his direction.. It will be interesting to see who we end up with at the wideout position this year..

The article says that whispers around winter park are that Travis Taylor, and Bethel Johnson won't be back.. Bethel Johnson would be nice to keep around for a 3rd WR, and kickoff returner.. Travis Taylor can hit the bricks.. Also, if any team is interested in Troy Williamson, I say trade him.. Trade Smoot, Williamson, and a 3rd rd draft pick to Oakland for Moss, and Porter... I had to do it...

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Joe Horn's injury bug is what worries me more then anything.. I would hate to have another WR here that is either hurt all the time, or drops all the passes in his direction.. It will be interesting to see who we end up with at the wideout position this year..

The article says that whispers around winter park are that Travis Taylor, and Bethel Johnson won't be back.. Bethel Johnson would be nice to keep around for a 3rd WR, and kickoff returner.. Travis Taylor can hit the bricks.. Also, if any team is interested in Troy Williamson, I say trade him.. Trade Smoot, Williamson, and a 3rd rd draft pick to Oakland for Moss, and Porter... I had to do it...
    ;D since you did...

KFFL
    Raiders | Kiffin to keep stars happy?
    Wed, 24 Jan 2007 08:32:34 -0800

Cam Inman, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin says his offense will be an explosive one that will keep his playmakers happy with many touches. "I will bring an explosive, powerful offense to this franchise," Kiffin said during his introductory press conference Tuesday, Jan. 23. "We will utilize our skill players, our big-time players in the best way. We will get them the football. They will play happy and they will play hard." WR Randy Moss and WR Jerry Porter were two players who were critical of head coach Art Shell's offense this past season.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

;D since you did...

KFFL
    Raiders | Kiffin to keep stars happy?
    Wed, 24 Jan 2007 08:32:34 -0800

Cam Inman, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin says his offense will be an explosive one that will keep his playmakers happy with many touches. "I will bring an explosive, powerful offense to this franchise," Kiffin said during his introductory press conference Tuesday, Jan. 23. "We will utilize our skill players, our big-time players in the best way. We will get them the football. They will play happy and they will play hard." WR Randy Moss and WR Jerry Porter were two players who were critical of head coach Art Shell's offense this past season.

Better make Randy happy or he will pout and crucify Kiffen to reporters because being paid 8 million a year isn't enough for Randy to do his job, and stepping up and trying to make the team better isn't an option for Randy!
    If he is not happy he will not try or unless the head coach kisses his you know what..
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast