Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honesty Please

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Honesty Please

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "VikesFan787" wrote:
    Ok, i was just wondering if someone could break the offseason down for me. I am a BIG football fan but I need some help.

What rumors have the best chance of happening? and what are impossible?

Examples:
    Randy back to Minnesota
    Acquiring Larry Fitzgerald
    ............. David Car
    ............. Jeff Garcia
    Drafting Calvin Johnson
    Not starting T-Jack.
    Here is how I see it:

Randy back to Minnesota probably has little chance of happening. Childress hates "me first" kind of players, and that is the way Moss has been his entire career and is probably even worse now than he once was after being stuck in Oakland for two years. There was one paper in Minnesota that started this rumor (I think it was the TC paper) and ever since then the rumor has been flying around, but I doubt there is much truth to it.

I have no idea how the Fitzgerald rumor started. In my opinion, the Cardinals would be Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd to trade him. This rumor started in the same paper as the Randy rumor did, and as far as anyone can tell it has little actual validity.

Acquiring David Carr could happen. IMO, this one is probably the strongest rumor of them all. It's been reported a lot of places, and supposedly actual conversations have taken place between the Texans and the Vikings. I think this one has the strongest validity.

Acquring Garcia is also a possibility, but probably won't happen. Supposedly he's going to carry a big price tag and I doubt the Vikings will want to shell out that kind of money to a 37 year old quarterback. I doubt Garcia ends up in Minny.

The Vikings would scoop up Johnson if he dropped to 7 (duh) but there's probably little chance that Childress is going to trade up to get him. I see the Vikings trading down if Johnson is gone and picking up someone else in the middle of the 1st round and getting an extra draft pick out of it.

If the Vikes pick up Carr or draft a quarterback (probably won't happen, at least not a guy that can start anyway) there is a chance that Tarvaris won't start next year. There's also a chance that Brooks Bollinger beats him out for the job in TC in the "competition" that Childress promised us at the end of last year.

The way I see it all working out is this: Carr either stays or is traded somewhere else. Garcia gets signed by another team with a quarterbacking need. Johnson goes to Tampa Bay. Randy gets traded somewhere on draft day and Fitzgerald stays a Cardinal. I think Tarvaris is our starter on day 1 next year.

That's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth!
    I think your right on the money.

I also think we are screwed for a few years.

I had alot of hope but as things are coming about.
    My hope is fading fast.

ibleedpurple06 is offline Training Camp

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    i think moss is worth the risk.
    he had the ability to make so-so vikings qb's look good (see old washed up randall cunningham, jeff george, brad johnson, daunte culpepper)
    he could probably do the same with tj.

and if not, he could be traded for a lower round pick or depth.
    IMO a 3rd rounder is worth the chance of having a true #1 reciever.
    i think he still has gas in the tank, he just needs a qb with the arm to get it to him deep, (which is waht tj has, and aaron brooks lacked)

I agree 100%.. so what if he was a diva.. a good chunk of number 1 recievers in the NFL are, it's just the way it is for the most part, moss brought so much excitement, and the ability to go with the long ball, which opens up the whole offense for us.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ibleedpurple06" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    i think moss is worth the risk.
    he had the ability to make so-so vikings qb's look good (see old washed up randall cunningham, jeff george, brad johnson, daunte culpepper)
    he could probably do the same with tj.

and if not, he could be traded for a lower round pick or depth.
    IMO a 3rd rounder is worth the chance of having a true #1 reciever.
    i think he still has gas in the tank, he just needs a qb with the arm to get it to him deep, (which is waht tj has, and aaron brooks lacked)

I agree 100%.. so what if he was a diva.. a good chunk of number 1 recievers in the NFL are, it's just the way it is for the most part, moss brought so much excitement, and the ability to go with the long ball, which opens up the whole offense for us.
    Except that Randy hasn't been performing at the level of a Number 1 receiver for 3 seasons now.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12