Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    258

    Re: His Highness Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest mock draft

    Yeah, to Pittsburgh with the last pick of the 4th. I can't see him lasting that long. I'm not sure what exactly the Vikes are looking for in QB prospect but I would think Jacobs would fit the bill. Who knows though. I've been surprised on draft day before. I like your choices though. I would love to get Jean-Gilles. He was a beast in the Senior Bowl.

  2. #22
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: His Highness Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest mock draft

    "viks_fan21" wrote:
    He's not the most intelligent person in the world I'd say. If his draft goes that way we could pick.

    1)Ernie Sims/Chad Greenway - whoever's available
    2a) Kiwanuka
    2b) Ko Simpson
    3a) Max Jean-Gilles
    3b) Omar Jacobs

    They seem like they won't last that long (which they won't), but in his draft, all of those players are available at those picks.

    He also has Omar going Day 2, does he not?
    Are you Kiwanuka's agent or something? He's NOT an LB...and we DON'T need DLs...especially that HIGH up!!! Jean-Gilles will NOT last until the third round, so put him in the 2a slot that you have and put another CB or Jacobs/Whitehurst in the 3a slot...and you wil have a more realistic mock.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #23
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: His Highness Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest mock draft

    "ThePurplePotato" wrote:
    Kiper has posted his projections for rounds 1 through 4. Below are who he thinks we're taking.

    Round 1 - Ernie Sims, OLB, Florida State
    Round 2a- Kellen Clemens, QB, Oregon
    Round 2b- Chris Chester, OL, Oklahoma
    Round 3a- Will Blakmon, WR/CB, Boston College
    Round 3b- Le Kevin Smith, DT, Nebraska
    Round 4- Miles Austin, WR, Monmouth

    Interesting group if you ask me. Two wideouts, another D lineman and a QB that isn't talked about quite as much as Croyle, Whitehurst and Jacobs. I think Mel may have missed the train here.
    Apparently, Kellen Clemens is being talked about more and more as a serious QB prospect...Gil Brandt (ex-Cowboys exec) on NFL.com has him just behind the Big 3 and claims that because he is still recovering from a broken leg, he is even faster than his Pro Day workout times suggest. And as much as I don't like the Cowboys, he does know more than Kiper does!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #24
    Perch56's Avatar
    Perch56 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    348

    Re: His Highness Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest mock draft

    i agree with cajunvike get deangelo williams, then get a linebacker

  5. #25
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: His Highness Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest mock draft

    "Perch56" wrote:
    i agree with cajunvike get deangelo williams, then get a linebacker

    Count me in too.. LB is super deep in this draft

    DeAngelo then Abdul Hodge

  6. #26
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: His Highness Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest mock draft

    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "Perch56" wrote:
    i agree with cajunvike get deangelo williams, then get a linebacker

    Count me in too.. LB is super deep in this draft

    DeAngelo then Abdul Hodge
    Problem with Hodge is that he only runs a 4.8...D'Qwell might be a better option since he is a little faster and speed is an important asset in the Cover Deuce.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #27
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: His Highness Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest mock draft

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "Perch56" wrote:
    i agree with cajunvike get deangelo williams, then get a linebacker

    Count me in too.. LB is super deep in this draft

    DeAngelo then Abdul Hodge
    Problem with Hodge is that he only runs a 4.8...D'Qwell might be a better option since he is a little faster and speed is an important asset in the Cover Deuce.
    D'Qwell might not last to our 2nd round.. But that would be awesome

  8. #28
    viks_fan21's Avatar
    viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    644

    Re: His Highness Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest mock draft

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "viks_fan21" wrote:
    He's not the most intelligent person in the world I'd say. If his draft goes that way we could pick.

    1)Ernie Sims/Chad Greenway - whoever's available
    2a) Kiwanuka
    2b) Ko Simpson
    3a) Max Jean-Gilles
    3b) Omar Jacobs

    They seem like they won't last that long (which they won't), but in his draft, all of those players are available at those picks.

    He also has Omar going Day 2, does he not?
    Are you Kiwanuka's agent or something? He's NOT an LB...and we DON'T need DLs...especially that HIGH up!!! Jean-Gilles will NOT last until the third round, so put him in the 2a slot that you have and put another CB or Jacobs/Whitehurst in the 3a slot...and you wil have a more realistic mock.
    Well, let me start by pointing out the bold type in my original post. I said they won't last that long, but that they did in Kipers mock. I never said Kiwanuka was a LB, but 3 good DEs never hurts. The logic behind the Mathias pick was that he was a top 10 pick six months ago, and now Kiper says he's going at the end of the 2nd. Also, I believe Darion and Dequincey Scott are both in their contract years.

    The low-down: I know you're a very well respected member on this sight, and rightfully so. But don't call me out just because you didn't pay attention to details.

  9. #29
    hungryboy's Avatar
    hungryboy is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    58

    Re: His Highness Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest mock draft

    I like the trade idea to trade w/ Bufflo & get Cutter or a Qb. I realy would like to see Murice Drew in the 2nd round.

  10. #30
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: His Highness Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest mock draft

    Kiper will get the first 5 or 6 picks right but so will a lot of people but then everything changes and the experts are lucky to get another 4 or 5 right the rest of the 1st round let alone the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounds. If they do hit a pick right after the 1st round it is either a lucky guess or pure luck.


    That being said these are the players that the Vikings are picking, just kidding.

    I would like to see the Vikings take Greenway in the 1st if he is still on the board, or Sims if Greenway is gone, and if they both are gone then Jimmy Williams. If they did draft DeAngelo I would not mind.

    If Bobby Carpenter was still on the board in the 2nd round and we do not have a LB yet trade up to get him, he would be a great pickup in the 2nd.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 08:18 AM
  2. Skums latest mock draft..
    By skum in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 03:06 PM
  3. Kipers' Latest Mock Draft 2/6
    By Tom2Bucs in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 09:44 AM
  4. His highness, Mel Kiper, Jr., picks da Vikes 1st 4 rounds
    By Muggsy in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 04:37 PM
  5. His Highness Mel Kiper's mock draft 2006
    By Muggsy in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 05:23 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •