Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Highlights from Mankato, Monday, August 4th.

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    [quote author=Vikes_King link=topic=46823.msg814367#msg814367 date=1217957121]
    [quote author=vikingivan link=topic=46823.msg814332#msg814332 date=1217955244]
    Jared Allen looked great again.
    On the first play against the offense he got through and stuffed Chet Taylor for a 4 yard loss.
    TJack was once again unimpressive.
    After practice we stopped at Johnny B's for a couple of cold ones.
    Then we went to the bar right next to it.
    Not sure of the name of the bar.
    The first person we seen when we walked in was Steve Hutchinson sitting at the end of the bar drinking a pitcher of beer.
    At first I thought it was strange that he was drinking beer after the morning practice, then I realized that the afternoon practice was for special teams and he would not have to practice.
    We are going back next Monday and spending the night.
    lol, you were there with a friend on Monday afternoon right? Standing by the fence right by the hospitality tent?

I was the guy writing down notes during the special teams practice right next to u
    No, we did not go to the afternoon practice, but we will be at both practices next Monday.
    We booked a room at that motel right next to Johnny B's and the other sports bar.
    We also got a good lead on Mettler's,
    a gentlemen's club, lol.
    Ah ok, I was just curious because your first post sounded exactly like the way someone was talkign that I met up there, they saw Hutch also.

And yea, your talking about the AmericInn, I live 5 blocks from training camp
    :P

And Mettler's.. is Mettler's, idk if I'd call it a "gentlemen's club", that means its classy
    :P its a topless joint thats about it lol.
    Every girl that used to dance there was nasty, heard they got better ones now though lol, my ex-girl friend was a waitress there
    I guess we
    had better get some leads on the other places, lol.
    well like i said, its that bad anymore from what i hear, plus its the only place like that in town.
    Btw, the bar next to Johnny B's is Boomtown.

Either way, if you hit up Mettler's, with in walking distance of a couple blocks, there is Inferno Tavern, Midtown Tavern, Mum's the Word, The Haze, Buffalo Wild Wings, Blue Bricks, Southstreet, Choppers, Pub 500, Sidelines Bar & Grill, The Underground (and the Aboveground or something), McGroff's Irish Pub, Chevy's, T.J. Finnegins, and the Sugar Room.

wow, typing it out thats a floop ton, thats all with in like a 4 blocks radius of Mettler's.

Btw, you said you'll be staying in town Monday night?
    Here's some drink specials:

Dutler's Bowl, $1 beers (on 169 N.)

Inferno Tavern, $2 domestic (riverfront drive)

Mexican Village Restaurant, Margarita Specials
    Close, Margarita Specials (Small $1.50, Reg. $2.95), Domestic Taps $1 small $2 Reg) (just off of Madison Ave)

Midtown Tavern, $2 Morgans
    (riverfront drive)

Mum's the Word, Happy Hour 4-7 PM $1 Taps, $1.75 Bottles (Cherry Street - Mankato Place Plaza)

Oleander Saloon, Happy Hour
    9-11 PM $1 Beers
    (riverfront drive)

The Haze, $2 Rails (cherry street - mankato place plaza)

[/quote]

Thanks for the info.
    I think we will be spending most of our time at Boomtown.
    But, then again, who knows?
    [/quote]

yea normally a good call, sometimes in the evenings you'll get lucky and a few players will show up.
    Plus then you can stumble to your hotel room

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    [quote author=vikingivan link=topic=46823.msg814373#msg814373 date=1217957408]
    On the first play against the offense he got through and stuffed Chet Taylor for a 4 yard loss.

The first person we seen when we walked in was Steve Hutchinson sitting at the end of the bar drinking a pitcher of beer.
    At first I thought it was strange that he was drinking beer after the morning practice, then I realized that the afternoon practice was for special teams and he would not have to practice.
    lol, you were there with a friend on Monday afternoon right? Standing by the fence right by the hospitality tent?

I was the guy writing down notes during the special teams practice right next to u
    No, we did not go to the afternoon practice, but we will be at both practices next Monday.
    We booked a room at that motel right next to Johnny B's and the other sports bar.
    a gentlemen's club, lol.
    Ah ok, I was just curious because your first post sounded exactly like the way someone was talkign that I met up there, they saw Hutch also.

And Mettler's.. is Mettler's, idk if I'd call it a "gentlemen's club", that means its classy
    Every girl that used to dance there was nasty, heard they got better ones now though lol, my ex-girl friend was a waitress there
    I guess we
    well like i said, its that bad anymore from what i hear, plus its the only place like that in town.

Either way, if you hit up Mettler's, with in walking distance of a couple blocks, there is Inferno Tavern, Midtown Tavern, Mum's the Word, The Haze, Buffalo Wild Wings, Blue Bricks, Southstreet, Choppers, Pub 500, Sidelines Bar & Grill, The Underground (and the Aboveground or something), McGroff's Irish Pub, Chevy's, T.J. Finnegins, and the Sugar Room.

wow, typing it out thats a floop ton, thats all with in like a 4 blocks radius of Mettler's.

Close, Margarita Specials (Small $1.50, Reg. $2.95), Domestic Taps $1 small $2 Reg) (just off of Madison Ave)

(riverfront drive)

Mum's the Word, Happy Hour 4-7 PM $1 Taps, $1.75 Bottles (Cherry Street - Mankato Place Plaza)

9-11 PM $1 Beers
    (riverfront drive)

[/quote]

Thanks for the info.
    [/quote]

yea normally a good call, sometimes in the evenings you'll get lucky and a few players will show up.
    [/quote]

A nice bar withing stumbling distance what more could a Viking fan want?
    How is the cab service in Mankato?

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    [quote author=Vikes_King link=topic=46823.msg814376#msg814376 date=1217957624]

a gentlemen's club, lol.

I guess we

(riverfront drive)

9-11 PM $1 Beers
    (riverfront drive)

[/quote]

Thanks for the info.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

its good, its not like you can just stand on the sidewalk and whistle, but the number for the taxi service is (507) 388-7433 (388-Ride).
    They're used to drunk people and they'll know where all the popular places are np.
    During the school year i know theres a free sober bus that takes drunk people from the downtown bars up to the campus area, but I don't think they do that this time of the year..

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    [quote author=vikingivan link=topic=46823.msg814379#msg814379 date=1217957897]
    [quote author=Vikes_King link=topic=46823.msg814376#msg814376 date=1217957624]

a gentlemen's club, lol.

I guess we

(riverfront drive)

9-11 PM $1 Beers
    (riverfront drive)

[/quote]

Thanks for the info.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

its good, its not like you can just stand on the sidewalk and whistle, but the number for the taxi service is (507) 388-7433 (388-Ride).
    They're used to drunk people and they'll know where all the popular places are np.
    During the school year i know theres a free sober bus that takes drunk people from the downtown bars up to the campus area, but I don't think they do that this time of the year..
    [/quote]
    Thanks for the number.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    was Hutch alone?
    or were some teammates there.
    I sure hope he wasn't in there drinking a pitcher of beer alone in the morning.
    Haha, there's nothing wrong with drinking beer at lunchtime, even if you are by yourself

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

no, but given our recent problems with players with drug/alcohol problems, and another player who has given up drinking because of the trouble he got in, its not something I want Hutch to start.
    I'm not really worried, because i bet this isn't the first time, and he's a big guy and can probably handle quite a bit, but if you walked into a bar and saw AD throwing back a pitcher of beer by himself, wouldn't you wonder what's up?

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    no, but given our recent problems with players with drug/alcohol problems, and another player who has given up drinking because of the trouble he got in, its not something I want Hutch to start.
    I'm not really worried, because i bet this isn't the first time, and he's a big guy and can probably handle quite a bit, but if you walked into a bar and saw AD throwing back a pitcher of beer by himself, wouldn't you wonder what's up?
    if AD was doing it, I'd run up to him with tears in my eyes and say "Why Adrian!? Whyyyy!!!!?"
    :'(

- Dan Calabrese

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I would actually love to see that lol

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

a gentlemen's club, lol.

I guess we

wow, typing it out thats a fuck ton, thats all with in like a 4 blocks radius of Mettler's.

(riverfront drive)

9-11 PM $1 Beers
    (riverfront drive)

[/quote]

Sweet Jesus that brings me back to my undergrad days at MSU.....

I am still upset they got rid of cup nights/nickel taps across town.

We used to have a $5 type of night at 1-2 bars in town for Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thursday nights... Friday and Saturday you could do the $5 cup at a house party, and Sunday nights was Comedy Night at TJ's.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

You can also do 420-LIMO, they will drive you damn near anywhere for $5/person with less of a wait....

I know it took some buds up to St. Peter once in 03.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast