Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Highlights from Mankato, Monday, August 4th.

"vikingivan" wrote:
    Jared Allen looked great again.
    On the first play against the offense he got through and stuffed Chet Taylor for a 4 yard loss.
    TJack was once again unimpressive.
    After practice we stopped at Johnny B's for a couple of cold ones.
    Then we went to the bar right next to it.
    Not sure of the name of the bar.
    The first person we seen when we walked in was Steve Hutchinson sitting at the end of the bar drinking a pitcher of beer.
    At first I thought it was strange that he was drinking beer after the morning practice, then I realized that the afternoon practice was for special teams and he would not have to practice.
    We are going back next Monday and spending the night.
    lol, you were there with a friend on Monday afternoon right? Standing by the fence right by the hospitality tent?

I was the guy writing down notes during the special teams practice right next to u

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Not a good sign really.
    Fortunately I haven't heard of any drinking problems by Hutch before, so maybe he does this sometimes.
    get some alone time.

Maybe he was here and read El's guide to drinking by yourself (or maybe it was C Mac D, can't remember)

couldn't have been noon though, because it was 1:00 EST when you first posted that, training camp is in Central time, meaning it would ahve been 12:00, and it would take some time between you seeing him and posting about it.
    The thread title tells us that it was in fact YESTERDAY (not today when he posted it) that he saw him at the bar.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    On the first play against the offense he got through and stuffed Chet Taylor for a 4 yard loss.

The first person we seen when we walked in was Steve Hutchinson sitting at the end of the bar drinking a pitcher of beer.
    At first I thought it was strange that he was drinking beer after the morning practice, then I realized that the afternoon practice was for special teams and he would not have to practice.
    lol, you were there with a friend on Monday afternoon right? Standing by the fence right by the hospitality tent?

I was the guy writing down notes during the special teams practice right next to u
    No, we did not go to the afternoon practice, but we will be at both practices next Monday.
    We booked a room at that motel right next to Johnny B's and the other sports bar.
    We also got a good lead on Mettler's,
    a gentlemen's club, lol.

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:

No, we did not go to the afternoon practice, but we will be at both practices next Monday.
    We booked a room at that motel right next to Johnny B's and the other sports bar.
    a gentlemen's club, lol.
    Ah ok, I was just curious because your first post sounded exactly like the way someone was talkign that I met up there, they saw Hutch also.

And yea, your talking about the AmericInn, I live 5 blocks from training camp
    :P

And Mettler's.. is Mettler's, idk if I'd call it a "gentlemen's club", that means its classy
    :P its a topless joint thats about it lol.
    Every girl that used to dance there was nasty, heard they got better ones now though lol, my ex-girl friend was a waitress there

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:

a gentlemen's club, lol.
    Ah ok, I was just curious because your first post sounded exactly like the way someone was talkign that I met up there, they saw Hutch also.

And Mettler's.. is Mettler's, idk if I'd call it a "gentlemen's club", that means its classy
    Every girl that used to dance there was nasty, heard they got better ones now though lol, my ex-girl friend was a waitress there
    I guess we
    had better get some leads on the other places, lol.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:

a gentlemen's club, lol.
    Mettlers is a Mankato institution.
    If you need a guided tour, let me know.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:

a gentlemen's club, lol.
    Thanks for the offer.
    If you are in the area meet us at the sports bar next to Johnny B's between practices on Monday.
    Or after the 2nd practice, they have some gorgeous waitresses.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:

a gentlemen's club, lol.
    Thanks for the offer.
    If you are in the area meet us at the sports bar next to Johnny B's between practices on Monday.
    Or after the 2nd practice, they have some gorgeous waitresses.
    During the day doesn't work, I have a business to run. But at night....

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:

a gentlemen's club, lol.

I guess we
    well like i said, its that bad anymore from what i hear, plus its the only place like that in town.
    Btw, the bar next to Johnny B's is Boomtown.

Either way, if you hit up Mettler's, with in walking distance of a couple blocks, there is Inferno Tavern, Midtown Tavern, Mum's the Word, The Haze, Buffalo Wild Wings, Blue Bricks, Southstreet, Choppers, Pub 500, Sidelines Bar & Grill, The Underground (and the Aboveground or something), McGroff's Irish Pub, Chevy's, T.J. Finnegins, and the Sugar Room.

wow, typing it out thats a fuck ton, thats all with in like a 4 blocks radius of Mettler's.

Btw, you said you'll be staying in town Monday night?
    Here's some drink specials:

Dutler's Bowl, $1 beers (on 169 N.)

Inferno Tavern, $2 domestic (riverfront drive)

Mexican Village Restaurant, Margarita Specials
    Close, Margarita Specials (Small $1.50, Reg. $2.95), Domestic Taps $1 small $2 Reg) (just off of Madison Ave)

Midtown Tavern, $2 Morgans
    (riverfront drive)

Mum's the Word, Happy Hour 4-7 PM $1 Taps, $1.75 Bottles (Cherry Street - Mankato Place Plaza)

Oleander Saloon, Happy Hour
    9-11 PM $1 Beers
    (riverfront drive)

The Haze, $2 Rails (cherry street - mankato place plaza)

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    [quote author=vikingivan link=topic=46823.msg814332#msg814332 date=1217955244]

a gentlemen's club, lol.

I guess we
    well like i said, its that bad anymore from what i hear, plus its the only place like that in town.
    Btw, the bar next to Johnny B's is Boomtown.

Either way, if you hit up Mettler's, with in walking distance of a couple blocks, there is Inferno Tavern, Midtown Tavern, Mum's the Word, The Haze, Buffalo Wild Wings, Blue Bricks, Southstreet, Choppers, Pub 500, Sidelines Bar & Grill, The Underground (and the Aboveground or something), McGroff's Irish Pub, Chevy's, T.J. Finnegins, and the Sugar Room.

wow, typing it out thats a floop ton, thats all with in like a 4 blocks radius of Mettler's.

Btw, you said you'll be staying in town Monday night?
    Here's some drink specials:

Dutler's Bowl, $1 beers (on 169 N.)

Inferno Tavern, $2 domestic (riverfront drive)

Mexican Village Restaurant, Margarita Specials

Close, Margarita Specials (Small $1.50, Reg. $2.95), Domestic Taps $1 small $2 Reg) (just off of Madison Ave)

Midtown Tavern, $2 Morgans
    (riverfront drive)

Mum's the Word, Happy Hour 4-7 PM $1 Taps, $1.75 Bottles (Cherry Street - Mankato Place Plaza)

Oleander Saloon, Happy Hour

9-11 PM $1 Beers
    (riverfront drive)

The Haze, $2 Rails (cherry street - mankato place plaza)

[/quote]

Thanks for the info.
    I think we will be spending most of our time at Boomtown.
    But, then again, who knows?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast