Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Here's another 1! Bleedpurple's 2 round Mock

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    I'm surprised you have Davis? (TE out of USC) going as the 2nd TE.... I think I've ALWAYS seen him first.
    Any particular reason?

Great mock though.
    From the draft rankings i've seen, and looked the only reason i have Davis going as the second is because he's rated slightly lower than Keller... no other real rhyme or reason... I think based on what i've been reading Keller's the better prospect.
    Plus, Davis isn't a great blocker, which is where i think the separation starts to begin between these two...

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I think Henne would be a reach in round 2 as I feel we could get someone like Booty or hopefully Henne in the third. We need to grab OT in round 2.
    Agree! we need to get a OT in either round 1 or 2
    I agree but based on how my mock worked out, I don't see us reaching for a OT at our pick, when all the other legit prospects were off the board.
    I just don't see it.. the only one i can see us taking is Duane Brown and I think it's a little high for him.. but i could be wrong.... If we don't get a QB via trade... I can see us taking Henne.. he's rated right up there with Brohm and Flacco and there's no way in hell, i see us waiting until the later rounds to select a QB if we don't trade or sign for one before or during the draft.
    I just don't see it happening...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    It's alot harder than i thought i'd be!!...

the hardest pick was Kansas City, Oakland, Buffalo and Carolina... these picks changed the complection of the board immensley..

also, what i've noticed, is that unless you do a 2 or 3 round Mock, yu can't really do a really good mock in my opinion.. because you don't realize what value or prospects might actually drop down and be available when a team selects with their second pick.. thats why i think teams do numerous variations of mocks.. so they can project team needs and get a feel for what players will be available come the next time they pick.
    Best part of your mock was some of your opening comments.

In fact, teams to run up several scenarios (Mock Drafts) that they track along with thier value board so that they can see what other teams will show interest in players they might be targeting.

Remember how I always point out how bad it was that Foley didn't know that the Jets were interested in Clemens.
    Simply absurd to think about how bad that guy did in the second round.
    ;D

Couple of quick questions.....

a.
    How do you you ranked your players.
    Did you use a value board that you made up yourself or a value board from a Magazine?
    I always found it to time consuming to make my own board so I bounce my picks off of 3 mags that I pay for.

b.
    Do you watch/pay attention to the players that the teams are bringing in? I do, but not so much the player, but what position he plays.
    Hard thing to do but worth it as it will give you indicators or what positions they might feel are important in the draft.
    Keep in mind that some of the visists are just smoke screens.

Very nice mock my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

the hardest pick was Kansas City, Oakland, Buffalo and Carolina... these picks changed the complection of the board immensley..

also, what i've noticed, is that unless you do a 2 or 3 round Mock, yu can't really do a really good mock in my opinion.. because you don't realize what value or prospects might actually drop down and be available when a team selects with their second pick.. thats why i think teams do numerous variations of mocks.. so they can project team needs and get a feel for what players will be available come the next time they pick.

In fact, teams to run up several scenarios (Mock Drafts) that they track along with thier value board so that they can see what other teams will show interest in players they might be targeting.

Remember how I always point out how bad it was that Foley didn't know that the Jets were interested in Clemens.
    ;D

a.
    Did you use a value board that you made up yourself or a value board from a Magazine?
    I always found it to time consuming to make my own board so I bounce my picks off of 3 mags that I pay for.

b.
    Do you watch/pay attention to the players that the teams are bringing in? I do, but not so much the player, but what position he plays.
    Hard thing to do but worth it as it will give you indicators or what positions they might feel are important in the draft.

;D
    Yeah, I use a combination of mag's that i pay for, for the value board... actually they are websites and I am an ESPN insider, which uses scout.com.
    So i used that value board coupled with Mike Mayock's top five at every position.
    Also, Todd McShay has a prospect tier ranking system that i also used.
    So, between those, and what i was hearing based on team visits, and the risers and droppers.. i tried to conclude what prospect would be the best fit for the team.

Then, I looked at rosters and team needs, as well as where they ranked offensively and defensively to see other areas they might be weak in or lack depth.

Also, when need did not equal value, i chose for the best available prospect that made the most sense... i.e. if a team had a really good secondary but a so-so offensive line, but really needed a runningback, but there wasn't a rb worth taking that high, but there were a cb and a O-lineman, that were rated fairly equally, i wouldn't reach for a running back bc, you can find those in other rounds, so, i would go with the O-line and really solidify that position..

also as with the packers, for instance, or even the cowboys, they're set at corner, but their guys are aging, and need depth, but are mostly young everywhere else, so i would choose the top corner available bc, it's best to get a top level player learning behind another top level player, than for a rook to come in and compete with a so-so player and possibly baptise him by fire...

I don't pay attention to players that teams bring in so much as i do what their basic needs are, bc, like you said, you have soo many smoke screens nowadays, that your better off, just looking to get the best value.. atleast through the first few rounds.. then you can start reaching in the later rounds if need be...

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

;D

a.

b.

;D
    Yeah, I use a combination of mag's that i pay for, for the value board... actually they are websites and I am an ESPN insider, which uses scout.com.
    So i used that value board coupled with Mike Mayock's top five at every position.
    Also, Todd McShay has a prospect tier ranking system that i also used.
    So, between those, and what i was hearing based on team visits, and the risers and droppers.. i tried to conclude what prospect would be the best fit for the team.

Then, I looked at rosters and team needs, as well as where they ranked offensively and defensively to see other areas they might be weak in or lack depth.

Also, when need did not equal value, i chose for the best available prospect that made the most sense... i.e. if a team had a really good secondary but a so-so offensive line, but really needed a runningback, but there wasn't a rb worth taking that high, but there were a cb and a O-lineman, that were rated fairly equally, i wouldn't reach for a running back bc, you can find those in other rounds, so, i would go with the O-line and really solidify that position..

also as with the packers, for instance, or even the cowboys, they're set at corner, but their guys are aging, and need depth, but are mostly young everywhere else, so i would choose the top corner available bc, it's best to get a top level player learning behind another top level player, than for a rook to come in and compete with a so-so player and possibly baptise him by fire...

I don't pay attention to players that teams bring in so much as i do what their basic needs are, bc, like you said, you have soo many smoke screens nowadays, that your better off, just looking to get the best value.. atleast through the first few rounds.. then you can start reaching in the later rounds if need be...
    Excellent stuff, that isn't far from what I do.

I also subscribe to scout and wait until I get thier mag as I use thier value board at the basis for my player rankings.
    I also use "Ourlads" as I like thier scouting info and thier info on what teams are looking at what players (i.e. visits/individual workouts).

Again, excellent stuff.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Ourlads??... i'm gonna have to check it out...

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    Ourlads??... i'm gonna have to check it out...
    Excellent site and good magazines.

http://www.ourlads.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12