Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Here's another 1! Bleedpurple's 2 round Mock

Many props to those of you who had done this already.... It's alot harder than i thought i'd be!!... either way.. feel free to take it apart... i know i've done the same to many of you.. so it's only fair right???

the hardest pick was Kansas City, Oakland, Buffalo and Carolina... these picks changed the complection of the board immensley..

i mean if kansas City takes Ellis like they should, then the whole board is different than i have it.. Same for the Raiders, who prob, should take Ellis...
    but then Gholston drops or McFadden.. I cant' see the Jets letting the pats have either one unless they are both there...

Second, if Carolina takes a Tackle, then Harvey may end up getting to us.. if not, then we get merling.
    I can also see us taking a Tackle, bc, a few good prospects like Avril and Jackson will be there in the second... but we dont' get Henne who at that point, if we don't make a move for Sage, then he's the best value for a need position... plus, i see him fitting nicely into the WCO...

also, what i've noticed, is that unless you do a 2 or 3 round Mock, yu can't really do a really good mock in my opinion.. because you don't realize what value or prospects might actually drop down and be available when a team selects with their second pick.. thats why i think teams do numerous variations of mocks.. so they can project team needs and get a feel for what players will be available come the next time they pick.

It changed a few of my picks.. like a Clady to KC.. i realized they could get better value reaching slightly for Clady (95 rating) with pick #5 and fill a huge need (think levi Brown last year) as he's project and should go around the 10-15 range, but is clearly better than some of the other tackles that are gonna be there in the 2nd round (starting around 82 rating).. however, the difference between the drop off in Pat Sims (89 rating) who's there at their second pick and Ellis (97 rating) the DT who KC should take, is slightly slimmer.. so KC should ideally be able to get away with such a scenario based on team needs...

Enjoy

ROUND - 1 -

1-Miami Dolphins - Jake Long, OT - Michigan-The dolphins say effit as they have many holes.
    This solves one of them

2-St. Louis Rams- Chris Long, DE - Virginia -Rams take the other Long to sure up the pass rush

3-Atlanta Falcons - Glenn Dorsey, DT LSU - Falcons with Dimitroff at the helm take the prospect that's gonna help them the most and anchor the line for years to come.

4- Oakland Raiders - Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas - Kind of the DUH pick.. Al is predictable that way.

5-Kansas City Chiefs - Ryan Clady, OT Boise St.-The wild card.. Reaching for Clady to sure up the line sends Ellis, the last elite prospect in this draft for a slight tumble.

6-New York Jets-Vernon Gholston, DE-Ohio St.-The combine helped this freak of nature catapult all the way up the draft board.

7-New England Patriots (from SF)-Leodis McKelvin, CB Troy-The top corner prospect helps solidify the pats secondary

8-Baltimore Ravens-Matt Ryan, QB-Boston College - Top QB prospect goes to the Ravens where he'll be able to contribute right away under the guidance of Steve McNair and a largely veteran team

9-Cincinnati Bengals-Sedrick Ellis, DT USC-This prospect helps solve the rush defense woes of the last decade

10-New Orleans Saints-Keith Rivers, LB USC-Best available talent and a major need even with the addition of Morgan and Vilma

11-Buffalo Bills-Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB Tennessee St.- The Bills surprise everybody and go for the best available prospect to replace Nate Clements

12-Denver Broncos-Chris Williams, OT Vanderbilt Desperately needing an upgrade the Broncos help Cutler stay upright

13-Carolina Panthers-Derrick Harvey, DE Florida Clearly another interesting selection.
    But with the addition of Harvey, they hope Peppers comes back to life.
    To solidify the defense.

14-Chicago Bears-Jeff Otah, OT Pittsburgh In need of some line help in the worst way, Otah, may be able to open holes for the largely disappointing Benson

15-Detroit Lions-Rashard Mendenhall, RB Illinois The lions upgrade the offense with arguably the best back in the draft and become scary on offense.

16-Arizona Cardinals-Mike Jenkins, CB South Florida The Cards get help for Rolle on the othe side.

17-Minnesota Vikings-Phillip Merling, DE Clemson This has been a need area for the Vikes for years after James and Udeze, this time they hope this top pick lives up to his billing.

18 Houston Texans-Aqib Talib, CB Kansas Help and an insurance policy in case Robinson doesn’t come back fully healthy after an Acl tear.
    Either way, the secondary is in shambles.

19-Philadelphia Eagles-Jerod Mayo, LB Tennessee The Eagles need a receiver, but they get better value in Mayo who's been skyrocketing up the draft boards

20-Tampa Bay Buccaneers -DeSean Jackson, WR California Gruden gets a speedy guy to help compliment another speedy in Galloway and be mentored along with a boost in the return game.

21-Washington Redskins-Malcolm Kelly, WR Oklahoma Skins get a big target for Campbell to throw too and put Randel El back in the slot where he belongs.
    This offense could be downright scary next fall

22 Dallas Cowboys (from CLE) Limas Sweed, WR Texas As if they need much of anything, the perfect prospect to groom behind owens and Glenn

23 Pittsburgh Steelers Devin Thomas, WR Michigan State Big Ben get's his target

24Tennessee Titans James Hardy, WR Indiana Finally some help for Vince…

25 Seattle Seahawks Branden Albert, OG Virginia the first legit guy to be brought in and replace the monstrous Hutch

26 Jacksonville Jaguars Kentwan Balmer, DT North Carolina This guy's gonna sure up that line after the loss of Henderson

27 San Diego Chargers-Gosder Cherilus, OT Boston College Not much needed here.. Just reinforcements and a replacement for Shane Olivea

28 Dallas Cowboys- Brandon Flowers, CB Virginia Tech Young corner for depth and to learn behind the talented Newman and Henry

29 San Francisco 49ers (from IND)- Quentin Groves, DE/OLB Auburn This maybe slightly high for Groves, but fills a need and if he reaches his potential next to Willis, WATCHOUT!!!!

30 Green Bay Packers Tracy Porter, CB Indiana Another depth move to eventually replace the aging Woodson and Harris

31 New England Patriots
    Forfeited pick CHEATERS!!! should lost the 7 too!

31 New York Giants- Kenny Phillips, S Miami (Fla) Solid pick for the Giants, who just lost Eugine Wilson

Re: Here's another 1! Bleedpurple's 2 round Mock

ROUND - 2-

ROUND -2-
    1 (32) Miami Brian Brohm, QB Louisville
    2 (33) St. Louis Sam Baker, OT USC
    3 (34) Atlanta (from Oakland) Joe Flacco, QB Delaware
    4 (35) Kansas City Pat Sims, DT Auburn
    5 (36) New York Jets Mario Manningham, WR Michigan
    6 (37) Atlanta Carl Nicks, OT Nebraska
    7 (38) Baltimore Justin King, CB Penn State
    8 (39) San Francisco Early Doucet, WR LSU
    9 (40) New Orleans Antoine Cason, CB Arizona
    10 (41) Buffalo Dustin Keller, TE Purdue
    11 (42) Denver Trevol Laws, DT Notre Dame
    12 (43) Carolina Anthony Collins, OT Kansas
    13 (44) Chicago Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon
    14 (45) Detroit Dan Conner, ILB Penn State
    15 (46) Cincinnati Calais Campbell, DE Miami (Fla)
    16 (47) Minnesota Chad Henne, QB Michigan
    17 (48) Atlanta (from Houston) Curtis Lofton, ILB Oklahoma
    18 (49) Philadelphia Jordy Nelson, WR Kansas St.
    19 (50) Arizona Cliff Avril, DE Purdue
    20 (51) Washington Lawrence Jackson, DE USC
    21 (52) Tampa Bay Reggie Smith, S/CB Oklahoma
    22 (53) Pittsburgh Chilo Rachal, OG USC
    23 (54) Tennessee Ray Rice, RB Rutgers
    24 (55) Seattle

Fred Davis, TE USC
    25 (56) Cleveland Felix Jones, RB Arkansas
    26 (57) Miami (from San Diego) Lavelle Hawkins, WR California
    27 (58) Jacksonville Dejaun Morgan, S NC State
    28 (59) Indianapolis Xavier Adibi, OLB Virginia Tech
    29 (60) Green Bay Erin Henderson, OLB Maryland
    30 (61) Dallas Jamal Charles, RB Texas
    31 (62) New England Duane Brown, OT Virginia Tech
    32 (63) New York Giants Tavares Gooden, ILB Miami (Fla)

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think they take McFadden. Like I said M. Bush was ready to come back last year and from what they said he looked great.

May i remind you that if Bush stayed he probally would have been rated higher than McFadden.
    Bush runs a sub 4.5 and is 245lbs. He runs with power but is extremely exlcusive. He's a bigger, slower AD. He reminds me of a Brandon Jacobs but faster.

He was the steal of the draft last year and him and fargus would be a better matchup than Mc and Fargus.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

yes......chad henne in the 2nd round... love it
    very nice mock, they meyo pick to the eagles is odd, but i like it
    ur 1st two picks are the same as mine lol
    good work

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Chazz is offline Coordinator

I can see your logic here. I would switch Dorsey and Ellis. Dorsey's injury concerns make Ellis the best guy. Then there are few others I'm not sold on yet, but would completely change things. Example: Chris instead of Jake, but then St Louis might pass on Jake and go Ellis or Gholston. I'm not as sold on Baltimore taking a QB at 8 as everybody else is. I think more likely Clady or possibly even Jake Long falls and would then be the easy pick at 8.
    All in all I like your thinking and everybody comes off in a logical order.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I think Henne would be a reach in round 2 as I feel we could get someone like Booty or hopefully Henne in the third. We need to grab OT in round 2.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I'm surprised you have Davis? (TE out of USC) going as the 2nd TE.... I think I've ALWAYS seen him first.
    Any particular reason?

Great mock though.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    I'm surprised you have Davis? (TE out of USC) going as the 2nd TE.... I think I've ALWAYS seen him first.
    Any particular reason?

Great mock though.
    probably because Keller had a very very good combine when davis on the other hand i believe didnt work out.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"marstc09" wrote:
    I think Henne would be a reach in round 2 as I feel we could get someone like Booty or hopefully Henne in the third. We need to grab OT in round 2.
    Agree! we need to get a OT in either round 1 or 2

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I don't think they take McFadden. Like I said M. Bush was ready to come back last year and from what they said he looked great.

May i remind you that if Bush stayed he probally would have been rated higher than McFadden.
    Bush runs a sub 4.5 and is 245lbs. He runs with power but is extremely exlcusive. He's a bigger, slower AD. He reminds me of a Brandon Jacobs but faster.

He was the steal of the draft last year and him and fargus would be a better matchup than Mc and Fargus.
    I know Bush is over there.. and i know alot about the guy... but he broke his freakin leg before he was drafted and I believe was hurt the year before that... with that said, they have 3 other running backs on the roster, Rhodes, Fargas, and Jordan who is likely to be cut.
    Rhodes would have been cut last year as well...

So with that said, you don't pass up arguably the best talent in the draft just because you have a 5th round pick on your roster who may or may not be healthy... it's a similar situation with us... and please don't tell me Bush is better than McFadden, noone on their roster is better than McFadden...

Davis likes speed guys as evidenced by them drafting Fabian Washington, Michael Huff, and the corner who's name i can't spell over the last 3 years or so.... I see your hesitancy, but I think it's pretty much a gimme... alot better than the chiefs taking McFadden i might add....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast