Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: help me understand

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I believe the Texans will target a Cb in the draft. Robinson isn't healthy and the need was there before that. However, don't forget how big getting a dual passrushing threat is too some teams. They look at the Giants blessing of having both Osi and Micheal. If harvey falls to 17 and we trade down, it's possible that Houston may try to pair him with Mario Williams and get a running back and cb later in a very deep class for both.
    If Harvey falls to 17 and we trade down, the ensuing riot would probably destroy Winter Park...
    It's dangerous but it could be advantagous to do so.
    We pick up an extra draft pick and we sign the guy we want at a lower salary.
    If Houstan doesn't want him and Phili goes offense. We still grab him with the 20th pick and his salary would be lower( not much) and we would get about a 4th rounder.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I believe the Texans will target a Cb in the draft. Robinson isn't healthy and the need was there before that. However, don't forget how big getting a dual passrushing threat is too some teams. They look at the Giants blessing of having both Osi and Micheal. If harvey falls to 17 and we trade down, it's possible that Houston may try to pair him with Mario Williams and get a running back and cb later in a very deep class for both.
    If Harvey falls to 17 and we trade down, the ensuing riot would probably destroy Winter Park...
    It's dangerous but it could be advantagous to do so.
    We pick up an extra draft pick and we sign the guy we want at a lower salary.
    If Houstan doesn't want him and Phili goes offense. We still grab him with the 20th pick and his salary would be lower( not much) and we would get about a 4th rounder.
    I agree, but I think that scenario would be much safer with Merling than Harvey.
    I think that if Harvey is there, we take him at 17 -screw an extra 4th round pick.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ragz is offline GM

if harvey is there at 17, which i have a feeling he won't were not going anywhere.
    i think his value there is better than aquiring picks and if we gamble with thinking we can get him than some other team will trade in front of where we just moved out.
    the only way we trade down is if what's left is of value to us at that spot.
    the rumor bout us trading with philly doesn't make a whole lot sense to me cuz i think houston can address wr in the 2nd round and probably get a great value at cb at this pick.
    unless philly is looking corner since they are apparently trying to trade lito sheppard.

one of the main teams we have to worry about if we do trade down is washington, cuz apparently they are looking defensive end so we'd probably have to stay in front of them if we wanted a particular guy cuz theres a good chance the skins would pluck him up.
    either way all this shit is fun to speculate about so bite me.
    we're just jealous cuz those assholes get paid to do it and we do it cuz we're losers.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Not sure why everyone is so sure fire bent on trading down in the first round for extra picks.
    We have more than enough picks to move around the board the way we need to so that we can get the players they are targeting.

Just like last year, Spielman will move around, use/package the picks wisely and heck, he might even get a couple extra for next year while he is doing it.

Pick the best OT or DE at 17 and then go from there.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"vikings4life33" wrote:
    i was reading on Vikings.com that we are trying to tradedown to the 19th pick. what would be the reasoning for that?
    We are not trying to trade down. No one from the front office has stated that.

What you are reading is Mock Madness 4.0 & some predictions by a couple of analysts only. Thus the word "Mock"

By the way, I posted all of the Mock Madness' (1.0 thru 4.0) in another thread & if you want to read those, here's the link;

[size=13pt]Vikings - Mock Madness[/size]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Not sure why everyone is so sure fire bent on trading down in the first round for extra picks.
    We have more than enough picks to move around the board the way we need to so that we can get the players they are targeting.

Just like last year, Spielman will move around, use/package the picks wisely and heck, he might even get a couple extra for next year while he is doing it.

I agree Marr, and I can even narrow down my wish list a little further...

I'de really like to see us pick up the best DE with our first round pick,
    then in the second, go after the best OT still available on our board.

I'de rather leave the OT pick till the 2nd round, because the draft is much deeper with solid OT's in the draft this season, and some real solid picks should be left still on the board at that time......I believe the DE's are going to go fast and furious this year, so we better grab ours with the 17th pick, and if we do, we should be able to get a good one..... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

Finally my work & persistence has paid off & Marr realizes the need for help on the OL line as well as our DE needs.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

Marr,
    What you are talking about is reaching for a player. It's not always about taking the best player available at our spot. If they have tagerted Merling and he is going to be available at 3 spots lower, why not trade down and get someone picks.

If the picks we have can allow us to move around...ge more picks will only allow us to move up higher in the earlier rounds and get a stop at the premier talent in the draft. An extra third will allow us to grab a quality player we might have other wise ignored( read QB).

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

I hate my life

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    I hate my life
    you should find someone to help you out with your problems lol

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast