Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: help me understand

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    OK, I found it.

http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_mockmadness040908.aspx
    NFL.com – Vic Carucci/Pat Kirwin/Mike Mayock

The NFL.com experts all agree that the Vikings will take a defensive end in the first round, but there is a slight disagreement on which one will be wearing purple in 2008. Last week, NFL.com projected the Vikings might trade out of the 17th spot and move down to 19th, with the end result being Phillip Merling as the team’s first pick. This week, Carucci and Mayock project Derrick Harvey as the team’s pick, while Kirwin foresees Calais Campbell as the team’s selection.
    It isn't from Vikings.com, it is just an analysis by some of the nfl.com guys.
    And the basic premise is that if Merling is still available at 17, and it doesn't look like Houston wants him (which they probably don't), then Minnesota might do a trade with Philly so they can leapfrog Houston.
    Philly is looking hard at a WR now, so it is not unthinkable.
    If we did that, we could likely still get Merling with the 19th pick.
    thanks for clearing that up. if it was to happen what do you think the Vikings would get in the trade?

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"vikings4life33" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    OK, I found it.

http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_mockmadness040908.aspx
    NFL.com – Vic Carucci/Pat Kirwin/Mike Mayock

The NFL.com experts all agree that the Vikings will take a defensive end in the first round, but there is a slight disagreement on which one will be wearing purple in 2008. Last week, NFL.com projected the Vikings might trade out of the 17th spot and move down to 19th, with the end result being Phillip Merling as the team’s first pick. This week, Carucci and Mayock project Derrick Harvey as the team’s pick, while Kirwin foresees Calais Campbell as the team’s selection.
    It isn't from Vikings.com, it is just an analysis by some of the nfl.com guys.
    And the basic premise is that if Merling is still available at 17, and it doesn't look like Houston wants him (which they probably don't), then Minnesota might do a trade with Philly so they can leapfrog Houston.
    Philly is looking hard at a WR now, so it is not unthinkable.
    If we did that, we could likely still get Merling with the 19th pick.
    thanks for clearing that up. if it was to happen what do you think the Vikings would get in the trade?
    3rd round pick maybe

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

not to move 2 spots bak.. maybe a 4th or a 5th...

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

It's relatively simple to understand any mock, experts rise from their mother's basements and claim expertise on something they know nothing about.
    The odds are in the favor of at least one or two of the hacks coming somewhat close on some of their picks giving them some clout in their own minds and the unthinking masses that read their drivel give credence to their mindless wanderings.
    The draft will come and go and the same hacks will be rating the drafts, which is equally ludicrous.
    It is just a way to waste time until the season opens.
    There is nothing to understand.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    It's relatively simple to understand any mock, experts rise from their mother's basements and claim expertise on something they know nothing about.
    The odds are in the favor of at least one or two of the hacks coming somewhat close on some of their picks giving them some clout in their own minds and the unthinking masses that read their drivel give credence to their mindless wanderings.
    The draft will come and go and the same hacks will be rating the drafts, which is equally ludicrous.
    Excellent post.

Kindof funn how people get so bent out of shape over something that is nothing more than a means to pass the time until something of siginifance happens.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Excellent post.

Kindof funn how people get so bent out of shape over something that is nothing more than a means to pass the time until something of siginifance happens.
    ;D
    nah, I don't think anyone got bent out of shape.
    It was noticed online and they just wanted clarification as to what the advantage of it would be.
    If you have a legitimate question, then PP.O is the best place I know of to find the answer.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

It's all a crapshoot anyway.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Excellent post.

;D
    nah, I don't think anyone got bent out of shape.
    It was noticed online and they just wanted clarification as to what the advantage of it would be.
    If you have a legitimate question, then PP.O is the best place I know of to find the answer.
    My post wasn't directed at the originator of this thread but as a general observation.
    There are alot of people out there who just don't understand the concept behind yutz's like me doing mock drafts.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I believe the Texans will target a Cb in the draft. Robinson isn't healthy and the need was there before that. However, don't forget how big getting a dual passrushing threat is too some teams. They look at the Giants blessing of having both Osi and Micheal. If harvey falls to 17 and we trade down, it's possible that Houston may try to pair him with Mario Williams and get a running back and cb later in a very deep class for both.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I believe the Texans will target a Cb in the draft. Robinson isn't healthy and the need was there before that. However, don't forget how big getting a dual passrushing threat is too some teams. They look at the Giants blessing of having both Osi and Micheal. If harvey falls to 17 and we trade down, it's possible that Houston may try to pair him with Mario Williams and get a running back and cb later in a very deep class for both.
    If Harvey falls to 17 and we trade down, the ensuing riot would probably destroy Winter Park...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast