Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

help me understand

i was reading on Vikings.com that we are trying to tradedown to the 19th pick. what would be the reasoning for that?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: help me understand

Well, I wold love to help you understand, but I don't see any report of that yet.
    Do you have a link?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"vikings4life33" wrote:
    i was reading on Vikings.com that we are trying to tradedown to the 19th pick. what would be the reasoning for that?
    Link - Mock 4.0
    http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_m...ess040908.aspx
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Blog Entries

OK, I found it.

http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_mockmadness040908.aspx
    NFL.com – Vic Carucci/Pat Kirwin/Mike Mayock

The NFL.com experts all agree that the Vikings will take a defensive end in the first round, but there is a slight disagreement on which one will be wearing purple in 2008. Last week, NFL.com projected the Vikings might trade out of the 17th spot and move down to 19th, with the end result being Phillip Merling as the team’s first pick. This week, Carucci and Mayock project Derrick Harvey as the team’s pick, while Kirwin foresees Calais Campbell as the team’s selection.
    It isn't from Vikings.com, it is just an analysis by some of the nfl.com guys.
    And the basic premise is that if Merling is still available at 17, and it doesn't look like Houston wants him (which they probably don't), then Minnesota might do a trade with Philly so they can leapfrog Houston.
    Philly is looking hard at a WR now, so it is not unthinkable.
    If we did that, we could likely still get Merling with the 19th pick.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"vikings4life33" wrote:

2 things I can think of:

1- the guy they want will still be available at 19, and they can get another pick in the process.
    2- blowing smoke.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Blog Entries

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:

2 things I can think of:

1- the guy they want will still be available at 19, and they can get another pick in the process.
    2- blowing smoke.
    Since it is coming from nfl.com people, not the Vikings, it probably isn't really smoke.
    It is just speculation...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Blog Entries

The more I think about this, the less I think it will be an issue.
    While both Houston and Philly are in the market for a WR, I think Houston has a bigger need at DT since they are switching to a 3-4.

The only way I see this trade happening is if there is no good DT or DB on the board, and only one high caliber WR on the board at 17.
    The would probably draw trade offers from both Philly and Houston, and we could still get Merling at 19.
    Definitely possible, but nothing I would tie on to right now.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    While both Houston and Philly are in the market for a WR, I think Houston has a bigger need at DT since they are switching to a 3-4.

The only way I see this trade happening is if there is no good DT or DB on the board, and only one high caliber WR on the board at 17.
    The would probably draw trade offers from both Philly and Houston, and we could still get Merling at 19.

they drafted omobi okoye last year, i dont think they need a DT this year. HOU need secondary help before anything, i could see them taking a CB or Kenny Phillips. They also could go RB, but ive seen reports where they deny taking one in the 1st rd.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Blog Entries

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

they drafted omobi okoye last year, i dont think they need a DT this year. HOU need secondary help before anything, i could see them taking a CB or Kenny Phillips. They also could go RB, but ive seen reports where they deny taking one in the 1st rd.
    I actually meant to type 4-3 instead of 3-4.
    I thought I heard that they were going to try and switch to the 4-3, which would need another DT>
    But yeah, they could really use secondary help too...
    So I can concede that point.
    I really don't think this trade will happen.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

I actually meant to type 4-3 instead of 3-4.
    I thought I heard that they were going to try and switch to the 4-3, which would need another DT>
    But yeah, they could really use secondary help too...
    So I can concede that point.
    I really don't think this trade will happen.

ditto, wishful thinking though

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast