Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: HAWKS WILL MATCH MOST OF OFFER SHEET

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    This is exactly right, and as I said above, I am pretty sure I remember reading that his agent put the deal together. And by the sounjds of it, he wants to come here because he feels they dont appreciate him and overlookied him in Seattle
    Let's hope you're right.

Otherwise the Vikings, and us fans, have spent a very important part of the Off-Season chasing shadows.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Its not over till Rob Brzezinski sings. :wink: He is a smart guy and he put this offer together. I am sure he knows all about what makes a "Principle Term" and what doesn't. I think we will win this one. A guarantee is just that regardless of the terms of the guarantee. The Seachickens have to match the offer not write it.

WWBGD

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

"RK." wrote:
    Its not over till Rob Brzezinski sings. :wink: He is a smart guy and he put this offer together. I am sure he knows all about what makes a "Principle Term" and what doesn't. I think we will win this one. A guarantee is just that regardless of the terms of the guarantee. The Seachickens have to match the offer not write it.
    Great point, I'm sure Rob 'the-salary-cap-genius' Brzezinski knows what he is doing. It is pretty basic stuf especialy if it is your job.

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

We're gonna get him, don't worry!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    We're gonna get him, don't worry!
    Let's hope so.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I have inside sources so I know!!

....Not really.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Hopefully the arbitrator will make a decision quickly one way or another. I still think we have a good shot at him... you know Hutch's agent and the Vikings front office had this exact scenario in mind when they put the offer sheet together.

My opinion is simply that Seattle is unhappy with the whole situation, and they are trying to make it hurt as much as possible for us to get him. Bah. I refuse to get my underwear in a bunch unless I hear that the arbitrator rules for Seattle.

I still think it was an excellent play by the Vikings!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

how do you match MOST of an offer sheet? you have to match all of it in order to retain the player..what does MOST mean?
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

IdaVike_Cheese-Hater is offline Training Camp

I think this comes down to two scenarios:

1. There was talk earlier in the week that seattle had contacted league officials as to what qualifies as "Principle Terms", maybe they heard back and liked the answer and think that they can win in arbitration.

2. They know they can't win in arbitration and aren't planning on guaranteeing the contract (obviously) They are just pissed off at the Vikes and Hutch so they are going to give it he-l-l and cause as many problems as they can till they feel a little better.

I think that there is a better chance of it beeing the 2nd option....of course that might just be denial!

Sorry NodakPaul a bit of a repeat on what you said....I no type so fast..

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"Benet" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    I don't think we will keep Hutch regardless of what the arbitrator rules once Seattle matches the offer he is staying there would be no turning back.
    If Seattle matched EVERYTHING in the offer sheet that would be the case. The point made in the PFT article is that Seattle is going to match everything EXCEPT the so-called "Poison Pill" provision; the option that demands the entire contract if Hutchinson is not the highest paid O-Lineman on the roster in 2006.

That will force the issue to come up in front of an Arbitrator.
    But wouldn't that just mean that they would be forced to pay the full guaranteed contract since they already matched it? I think it would not help us get him.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast