Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: HAWKS WILL MATCH MOST OF OFFER SHEET

If it goes to an Arbitrator, it looks like it's all going to come down to Hutchinson..

If he wants to become a Viking, he'll say the option was his and Tom Condon's idea. By the PFT analysis, this will make the option a "Principle Term", and the precedent set by the Chad Morton case will make Hutchinson ours as Seattle refused to match all the "Principle Terms" in our offer sheet.

If he wants to stay a Seahawk, he'll say it was Brzezinski's idea. This will mean, with little analysis, the option was not put in by demand of the player, and the Vikings did it purely to force the Seahawks not to match. As the option would not affect the player directly or indirectly (thanks to the 2006 provision) but only Seattle, it's easy to come to the conclusion that it is NOT a "Principle Term", and Seattle won't have to match it to retain his rights.

Bugger.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

This is going to hurt us also.

If we base our Offseason around Hutch and his contract and we don't get him, ouch.

It is risky business.

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Benet" wrote:
    If it goes to an Arbitrator, it looks like it's all going to come down to Hutchinson..

If he wants to become a Viking, he'll say the option was his and Tom Condon's idea. By the PFT analysis, this will make the option a "Principle Term", and the precedent set by the Chad Morton case will make Hutchinson ours as Seattle refused to match all the "Principle Terms" in our offer sheet.

If he wants to stay a Seahawk, he'll say it was Brzezinski's idea. This will mean, with little analysis, the option was not put in by demand of the player, and the Vikings did it purely to force the Seahawks not to match. As the option would not affect the player directly or indirectly (thanks to the 2006 provision) but only Seattle, it's easy to come to the conclusion that it is NOT a "Principle Term", and Seattle won't have to match it to retain his rights.

Bugger.

This is exactly right, and as I said above, I am pretty sure I remember reading that his agent put the deal together. And by the sounjds of it, he wants to come here because he feels they dont appreciate him and overlookied him in Seattle

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

I don't think we will keep Hutch regardless of what the arbitrator rules once Seattle matches the offer he is staying there would be no turning back.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Brewtal is offline Starter

I'm not surprised to see Seattle fight this, I would if I was in there shoes.

Bah first the wait to see what happens to CPepp now this ><

Del Rio Guest

They are going to have a really hard time overturning this.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

This is going to change on a daily bases and it will be hell until we have a final answer which ever way it turns out!

I can not stand that it is a week to match and offer, it should be 3 days and if you can not figure out what you are doing in that amount of time that is to bad! 7 days is ridiculous and with the technology today is asinine.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

pennccil is offline Rookie

well if we dont get hutch. were stuck with pretty much the same offense like last year - cullpepper

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"FuadFan" wrote:
    I don't think we will keep Hutch regardless of what the arbitrator rules once Seattle matches the offer he is staying there would be no turning back.
    If Seattle matched EVERYTHING in the offer sheet that would be the case. The point made in the PFT article is that Seattle is going to match everything EXCEPT the so-called "Poison Pill" provision; the option that demands the entire contract if Hutchinson is not the highest paid O-Lineman on the roster in 2006.

That will force the issue to come up in front of an Arbitrator.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"pennccil" wrote:
    well if we dont get hutch. were stuck with pretty much the same offense like last year - cullpepper

we only had him less than half the seson anyways!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast