Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Harvin is a great Pick for the Chilly Haters

"vikingfanmike" wrote:
    .we are gonna need a QB next season along with on offensive Cord and head coach....

+1

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "vikingfanmike" wrote:
    .we are gonna need a QB next season along with on offensive Cord and head coach....

+1
    don't forget a stadium deal

Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler

"Garland" wrote:
    This pick backfires on the Vikes. It would pretty much seal the deal for Chilly to be gone. Chilly put his seal of approval on this one.
    Did you all hear about Harvin's interview with the media after he met with Chilly? I can't find the interview but it went something like "We had lunch together and we just hung out like we were friends"
    Ah, is this your new head coach or your best bud?

Gift is offline Coordinator

this was a good pick, chilly has put a good team together
    qb not included
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"vikingfanmike" wrote:
    i have read a lot of negative talk about our 1st round pick Harvin.
    Let him be, remember the vikes took Moss another troubled receiver in college and that worked out.
    Let the veteran locker room handle Harvin...all i care about is he gonna catch the ball and help the vikes score...also will help take pressure off of Peterson.
    This pick has nothing to do with Chilly...his investment is in Tavarias...remember now with Cutler in Chi, Rodgers with a season under his belt in GB, and Stafford in Det...we are gonna need a QB next season along with on offensive Cord and head coach....
    Nice first post.
    Now go post in the free beer forum so we can greet you properly.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

Well, it was obviously a high risk/high reward pick, but I can live with that. Taking Oher would've been a safer pick, but oh well.

The problem is, we are still going into the season with huge question marks at QB. No matter how we draft, this is the most glaring problem, in my opinion. If we underperform on offense once again this year (despite this draft) - Childress is gone, and that's that.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

I'm not disappointed with the picks. Harvin is a massive talent and sometimes its worth taking the risk so i see why we have taken him. Loadholt looks a decent prospect and will help bolster the O-line.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Percy, and Loadholt are going to make our offense much better. We now have dynamic players in BB, AD, and PH. Harvin is explosive and will take short slants and bubble route's, and make big plays out of them. Our Wide-outs Sydney, and Berrian, with Harvin in the slot creating mismatches will give Tarvaris the outside weapons he needs to take that next step. Adrian will also benefit from Harvin being on the field, I just can't see a bad scenerio for Childress, who stepped out of his concieved conservative shell and picked a guy that may well be the ROY.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Percy, and Loadholt are going to make our offense much better. We now have dynamic players in BB, AD, and PH. Harvin is explosive and will take short slants and bubble route's, and make big plays out of them. Our Wide-outs Sydney, and Berrian, with Harvin in the slot creating mismatches will give Tarvaris the outside weapons he needs to take that next step. Adrian will also benefit from Harvin being on the field, I just can't see a bad scenerio for Childress, who stepped out of his concieved conservative shell and picked a guy that may well be the ROY.
    We still have Childress, Bevell, The KAO and Jackson,Rosie at QB. And we will be starting a brand new center and RT with ZERO NFL experience.

The glass is not half full yet.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

We still have Childress, Bevell, The KAO and Jackson,Rosie at QB. And we will be starting a brand new center and RT with ZERO NFL experience.

The glass is not half full yet.
    Cook or hicks will be our starting right tackle so that leaves us with only a starting center with ZERO NFL experience

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast