Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Happy Draftmas Eve! My 2 cents of a mock draft

First assuming that we don’t move down or make a trade here is how I see it.

1. Eben Britton OT Arizona
    Yeah Harvin unfortunately seems to be the popular pick, but I am still thinking that he is not the smartest pick. A million dollar talent with a 2 cent brain usually does not add up. We need help on the line. If Ad is going to get the holes he needs and if there is any hope(If there is any) for Tjack to succeed, then he needs protection from that right side of the line.

2. Juaquin Iglesias WR Oklahoma
    If a WR does happen to slip like Britton, DHB or even Robiskie, then they should be the pick. Juaquin is the perfect WR for the WC system and he has the ability to return kicks. So I think the Love Child of Mr. Pheonix and Julio is the perfect fit. The other option would be if a D like Alphoso Smith or DJ Moore are sitting here. It may be very hard to add quality depth at DB and someone else who could be dynamic in the Kick return game. If that is the case the Vikes go WR in round 3

3. Fili Moala DT USC
    An athletic DT who can also play DE if he needed to, But DT seems to be a better fit for him. Was kind of an unknown because of the great defensive players around him. If the Vikes did go DB in round 2 then they will go WR. Derrick Williams from Penn State or even Jarret Dillard of Rice may be a choice.

5. Tony Fiametta FB Syracuse
    Tahi is obviously not the answer. But the converted TE has some decent blocking skills and maybe the best catching FB in this year’s class. Another player who could be a option is TJ Lang of Tulsa, or Fenuki Tupou. 2 OT in the draft? Possibly but the nice thing about Lang and Tupou is that they can also play guard, so their versatility is a plus.

7a. Bear Pascoe TE Fresno State
    I doubt he will still be here as I think that he will go 6th at the latest. But I like this player as a late round sleeper. Nothing spectacular, but a solid overall player and would give Jared Allen competition for a celebration dance as Pascoe is a award winning calf roping cowboy.

7b. Graham Harrell QB Texas Tech
    Will there be Tech QB that will finally stick in the pros? Harrell is another Tech QB that put up unbelievable numbers in college but it never meant success in the pros. If anything Colt Brennan last year showed that sometimes a QB who does put u those type of numbers can have a chance to stick around even as a back up in the right system, One way or another the Vikes I believe will take a chance on a late round QB that they will take a chance on. Other possibilities could be Drew Willy from Buffalo,
    or Chase Daniels from Missouri.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Happy Draftmas Eve! My 2 cents of a mock draft

"Garland" wrote:
    First assuming that we don’t move down or make a trade here is how I see it.

1. Eben Britton OT Arizona
    Yeah Harvin unfortunately seems to be the popular pick, but I am still thinking that he is not the smartest pick. A million dollar talent with a 2 cent brain usually does not add up. We need help on the line. If Ad is going to get the holes he needs and if there is any hope(If there is any) for Tjack to succeed, then he needs protection from that right side of the line.

2. Juaquin Iglesias WR Oklahoma
    If a WR does happen to slip like Britton, DHB or even Robiskie, then they should be the pick. Juaquin is the perfect WR for the WC system and he has the ability to return kicks. So I think the Love Child of Mr. Pheonix and Julio is the perfect fit. The other option would be if a D like Alphoso Smith or DJ Moore are sitting here. It may be very hard to add quality depth at DB and someone else who could be dynamic in the Kick return game. If that is the case the Vikes go WR in round 3

3. Fili Moala DT USC
    An athletic DT who can also play DE if he needed to, But DT seems to be a better fit for him. Was kind of an unknown because of the great defensive players around him. If the Vikes did go DB in round 2 then they will go WR. Derrick Williams from Penn State or even Jarret Dillard of Rice may be a choice.

5. Tony Fiametta FB Syracuse
    Tahi is obviously not the answer. But the converted TE has some decent blocking skills and maybe the best catching FB in this year’s class. Another player who could be a option is TJ Lang of Tulsa, or Fenuki Tupou. 2 OT in the draft? Possibly but the nice thing about Lang and Tupou is that they can also play guard, so their versatility is a plus.

7a. Bear Pascoe TE Fresno State
    I doubt he will still be here as I think that he will go 6th at the latest. But I like this player as a late round sleeper. Nothing spectacular, but a solid overall player and would give Jared Allen competition for a celebration dance as Pascoe is a award winning calf roping cowboy.

7b. Graham Harrell QB Texas Tech
    Will there be Tech QB that will finally stick in the pros? Harrell is another Tech QB that put up unbelievable numbers in college but it never meant success in the pros. If anything Colt Brennan last year showed that sometimes a QB who does put u those type of numbers can have a chance to stick around even as a back up in the right system, One way or another the Vikes I believe will take a chance on a late round QB that they will take a chance on. Other possibilities could be Drew Willy from Buffalo,
    or Chase Daniels from Missouri.
    Wouldn't mind this.
    I don't think we really need a TE.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Very nice.

Wouldn't waste a pick on a TE or a FB though.
    We seem to have a glut of TE's and most of the top ranked FB are projected to go in the 6th or 7th round.
    Just bring in a Undrafted FA or two and see who works out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Nice, i cant wait for the draft to start!!

[img width=450 height=659]http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu151/blakein08/Picture022.jpg[/img]

my boy is excited as well!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PURPLE_NERPLE" wrote:
    Nice, i cant wait for the draft to start!!

[img width=450 height=659]http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu151/blakein08/Picture022.jpg[/img]

my boy is excited as well!
    LOL, great pic my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg