Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chazz is offline Coordinator

Re: Gruden: Evaluating Top QB Draft Prospects

I'm pretty impressed by Mallet's interview...he just seemed to know offense and what to do far better than the other guys. I'm kind of hoping hes a guy we draft.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Chazz" #1094667
    I'm pretty impressed by Mallet's interview...he just seemed to know offense and what to do far better than the other guys. I'm kind of hoping hes a guy we draft.
    I wouldn't be upset at all if we took him. Some of the others I probably would be.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't be upset if we took Mallett or Locker, but that's about it. Unless Ponder, Stanzi, or Dalton, or any other mid level QB falls to us in the 4th round (lol). I really don't want Gabbert or Newton. I don't care if they fall to us. If one is available at 12 we need to trade out of that position. Neither are franchise QB material. I puke at the thought of getting one of them. So over-rated. Gabbert wouldn't be so highly rated if Luck came out, but the media needs SOME qb to overhype and Gabbert is the lucky one. I don't see anything out of him that makes me excited about him getting on our team.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1094670
    I wouldn't be upset if we took Mallett or Locker, but that's about it. Unless Ponder, Stanzi, or Dalton, or any other mid level QB falls to us in the 4th round (lol). I really don't want Gabbert or Newton. I don't care if they fall to us. If one is available at 12 we need to trade out of that position. Neither are franchise QB material. I puke at the thought of getting one of them. So over-rated. Gabbert wouldn't be so highly rated if Luck came out, but the media needs SOME qb to overhype and Gabbert is the lucky one. I don't see anything out of him that makes me excited about him getting on our team.
    You are a very wise fan my friend.:laugh:

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094627
    Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1094623
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094565
    Why did you leave Locker off of the list?
    I wanted to include him (hell, I probably even would have voted for him), but the poll only gives you a maximum of four options.
    My apologies my friend. I shouldn't have complained. I haven't even figured out how to make the new poll thing work.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094565
    I did find it interesting that the one thing that everyone knocks Locker for, accuracy, was attributed (by Gruden from watching tape) to Locker being to damn tired at the end of games to make good throws.
    I'm definitely on the same boat as you on this one Marrdro! I've been thinking the same thing, not only about Jake Locker, but also other quarterbacks who likes to rush for yards. I think for example Michael Vick falls under the same category.

Both Vick and Jake Locker likes to take off running and they are not afraid to put their bodies at risk, taking a huge beating every game. Fortunately, Vick has learned to take better care of himself and has become more of a pocket passer then he was earlier in his career. His passer percentage is a clear reflection of that, going from 44 % in his first season, to 62 % in his last and having the best season of his life.

Not only does the scrambling quarterback get tired, but he also gets the adrenaline pumping and the pulse dramatically increases in a short time period after every run. Thus causing more erratic throws on the next play.
    I think that if young Locker had better protection at the collegiate level he wouldn't have run as much as he did.

Get that cat behind a pro-OL and he will start to evolve into what I think will be a damn fine QB at the next level. I, for one, hope thats on the Vikes.
    thought you said a pro OLine
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

I would like to see Jones fall to us at 12 and draft him to replace Sydney, since I dont see Sydney sticking around. Then draft Mallet at 43rd if he is there or move up and grab him if need be. I know Spielman and company will just shatter my dreams. But a man can dream can't he?

Onto the subject. As others said, I liked how Mallet knew his shit when talking about his offense, that shows me he studied hard and learned his progressions. \

Not to mention a 6'7" quarterback would be great with our tall ass tackles.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

I want Dalton over any of them. I like seniors. I like winners. I like guys who can tear a beating heart out of your chest and show it to you before you die.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1094681
    I want Dalton over any of them. I like seniors. I like winners. I like guys who can tear a beating heart out of your chest and show it to you before you die.

=Z=
    I thought he just ripped out the windpipe. Wasn't the guy who tears out the heart and shows it to you from Raiders of the lost ark?

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

=Z=
    I have 7 QB's id rather have.. Maybe even 8

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094682

I thought he just ripped out the windpipe. Wasn't the guy who tears out the heart and shows it to you from Raiders of the lost ark?
    Dalton could tear out your spleen if he wanted to, bub.

=Z=-

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast