Thread: Greg Eslinger?

michiganvike is offline Rookie

Greg Eslinger?

Hey Everyone, Im A new guy here, so i figured its a good time to Introduce myself, I live in michigan but my family is from minnesota, so we were raised to love minnesota sports. ive been reading forums on here for a while and finally decdied it was time to join in.

Also, i was thinking, does anyone else have an interst in Greg Eslinger?
    From watching him at minnesota i got the impression he was a great player, and i thikn he would do very well in the NFL, and it seems like we would be able to get him in a later round...
    and to back up birk while he is still here, learn from the best, and then take over when its time, it seems like a great idea to me.

but has anyone heard anthing about him lately?

Re: Greg Eslinger?

I have not heard anything but I agree that Eslinger will be a good center. He is a light (280) and moblile center and we are mostly a beast o-line. A team that likes to pull and run to the outside would love to have greg. Not sure how well he would in our system.
    We can solve poverty today.

Yes, I have great intrest in him....hes a bit undersized, but his skill makes up for it. I think we should draft him, put him at RG, then have him as backup center. He would be a great pulling right guard! :lol: I dont understand why he isnt the highest rated center...? But, I think he is a talent that is being overlooked, and would be happy to get him in 3-4 round!

BTW, WELCOME TO THE SITE!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I see him as a Fowler type lineman but better... Only reason I mentioned Fowler is because he is also smaller..

Eslinger is gonna be a solid lineman.. His skills are great.. He can pull and can take on DT's.. Might get tossed around abit by the bigger guys though.. I would put him at a guard..

I want to draft him in the 3rd if possible

I agree. If we could take him in the fourth I am all over it. Maybe even with our late third round pick. I agree he might get pushed around a bit by bigger guys. He would be a steal for any team at the fourth round.
    We can solve poverty today.

"thanatoschristou" wrote:
    I agree. If we could take him in the fourth I am all over it. Maybe even with our late third round pick. I agree he might get pushed around a bit by bigger guys. He would be a steal for any team at the fourth round.
    Yes, he may get pushed around...but he is smart and quick on his feet. He has excelent technique, and was a part of Lawrence Maroney's success! :lol: He would be a very good guard!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Use our late 3rd round to get him IMO

Bring in a hometown kid with tons of talent.. He could develop into a very succesful NFL lineman if he puts on a few pounds I would think

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

His dad was my 8th grade teacher, and he played at the same middle and high school as me.

He seems like a really good prospect.