Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Greg Blue

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Greg Blue

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    last thing we need to do is rely on another rookie, lets get a free agent safety who is proven.
    Well like someone said in the first two rounds your drafting for someone that can battle for a starting position, both LB and SS are very open for competition. If we draft a LB i want it to be AJ or Greenway, in the first round. But what i say we do is get a LB or two through FA's, possibly bring back Newman who can play this scheme, i dont buy it that he can't. Then we go out and either draft us a killer O Lineman or Greg Blue.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

The problem is that there really isn't a proven FA safety out there....I was hoping Adrian Wilson from the Cardinals would be set loose.

I know people here say a rookie Safety is dangerous, especially one who isn't very good in coverage but the past few years rookie safeties who have started have done extremely well.

Michael Boulware
    Madiue Williams
    Sean Taylor
    Gabriel Wilson

The safety position isn't what is use to be...and that is the last man in your defense. Instead the safety position is being used more and more as a weapon now- look at all the good teams in the NFL, they all have safeties who will make you pay.

Colts- Bob Sanders, Steelers- Polumalu, Bears- Mike Brown, Patriots- Harrison, Panthers- Minter, Redskins- Sean Taylor

Their safeties take out the middle of the field through intimidation....and still complete their assignment.

I'm not guaranteeing Greg Blue to be as good but I think he has the best shot at becoming the best safety out of this draft...why would we skip on that when we NEED help at safety?

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I am not again picking a safety in the draft, I just don't want one who will be a liability in coverage.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234