GREAT tidbits to ponder....

I love Viking Update. The best part is reading the little nuggets at the bottom of most articles. Here are two to get things rolling here:

* The Ravens released LB Peter Boulware Thursday. There was early talk that the Vikings might be one of the team interested in him.

Talk about a strong LB to acquire....HUGE! Wonder what his price tage is.

* From the "Say Hello to My Little Friend" Department comes this: Pepp wasn't even a Dolphin for two days before his personal slappy Kelly Campbell came calling looking for work like an unemployed cousin looking for a handout. Campbell, who has been out of the league since the Vikings released him in the aftermath of his gun arrest in Atlanta, was Culpepper's lap dog and yes man with the Vikings. He's hoping to carry around Pepp's jewel-encrusted chalise in Miami. Coincidence that the strippers for the boat party came from Atlanta? Curious...but something Nick Saban should keep in mind.

Two years ago, when I did most of my player interviews for this site and football.com, Kelly was mentioned as the "funniest guy on the team" consistently by players and coaches. I always found Kelly a goofball on our team. This just goes to show you.

Until next time...
    Gene Ramsay
    AKA - AlabamaViking
    www.vikingsfanatic69.com
    I'll see you on the field!
    #1 Vikings FAN in Alabama!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: GREAT tidbits to ponder....

Boulware was washed up 2yrs ago.

KCamp with his boyfriend CPep already posted today.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

ESPN insider's rating of Boulware, whom they have rated below Ben Leber:

Grade 68
    Expert's Take Boulware suffered a knee injury two seasons ago and has not been the same player since. He played in only seven games last season and finished the year with only nine tackles. His options might be a little limited, because he's an outside linebacker who really only fits the 3-4 scheme. It would be asking a lot for him at 31 years of age to go back to being an every-down linebacker in a 4-3 defense. At one point he had very good pass-rush ability, but he is not going to be a quick-twitch rush end at this point in his career. Another drawback for him as a backup player is that he has little to no experience as a regular contributor on special teams. His best bet will be to catch on with a team looking for a little veteran leadership. He can give a team 10-15 pass rushes per game, but that is about it at this point in his career.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Stop hating on DC11
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Correction: DC8
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet Guest

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Correction: DC8
    That says it all.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    Stop hating on DC11

Were you not the one spreading tons O' man love for Omar Jacobs in his thread??? Which is it, are you still grieving CPep being gone or are you over it and bowing down to Omar now??? Take a stance and stick with it, as from what I have seen ... your the only one left around here who hasn't moved on from the CPep trade earlier this week.

Prophet Guest

Why haven't the Vikings called him yet? Why isn't he visiting? He has been released for at least an hour. /sarcasm off (is that possible?)

KFFL
    Ravens | Boulware officially released
    Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:48:58 -0800

BaltimoreRavens.com reports the Baltimore Ravens have now offficially released LB Peter Boulware.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Boulware's a classic example of a guy who is living off a reputation that he has done nothing in the last 2 years to maintain.

Why do fans still hype him up?